Game Thread Lady Vols vs Florida

I think if we get a 20 win season out of this team it will be the most we can expect. We need two more wins maybe we can do it.

Reactions: 1 person
Y'all follow the women's game more than I do.

Is that what shooting or offensive basketball looks like?

I'm not joking here. It looked like they were just throwing the ball toward the hoop like a child that just became strong enough to get the ball 10 feet in the air.

I've never seen so many bricks and airballs from the paint and I only watched a few minutes.

We usually win the games were not supposed to I expect we'll come to play against Miss St and it will be a game down to the wire.
We can't seem to get excited about the bamas and Ole Miss teams in the league. That is where we seem to have motivation problems against the terrible teams.

We should have been coming on strong down the stretch like UK. The LVs seemed to have peaked at SCAR and have struggled since then. What should have kickstarted a winning streak has downshifted to some of the worst losses of the season. A lot of the dropoff is due to Nared's ongoing struggles. If Middleton hadn't stepped up, we'd be looking at even more losses and possibly being left out of the NCAAT for the first time ever.

If Nared can get her game back, the LVs could make a SECT run with the Big 3, Middleton and Nunn.

We are an unbelievably erratic team. We can't sustain good play. We did some good things offensively, but our zone defense was not good for much of this game. We ought to have an excellent zone defense, and sometimes we can be effective in zone--and in man--but just as often we get torched. One of our big defensive problems--literally--is Russell. Warlick should be kicking her butt. She is 6'6" and yet gives us very little presence in the paint. Her ball awareness is terrible; she is slow to react, and just doesn't bother opposing players very much. Florida was driving and scoring all night, getting rebounds and scoring. She does good things offensively, but she is soft and slow on defense. A problem.

Offensively, one has no idea how we're going to play. Nared looks like an All America for five, 10 minutes and then is terrible for a stretch--taking bad shots, missing shots. DeShields is the same way. That said, DD made a bunch of outstanding passes tonight--a number of them to Russell. I think I saw that she alone had 9 assists. Middleton played well--really carried us for a stretch in the last 2nd quarter/early 3rd. It looked very much like we were going to lose this game, so nice to come back late and win it. We needed it, badly.

Tennessee wasn't lucky.

Florida is really, really, really bad. Those kind of teams find ways to lose and it doesn't matter what needs to happen in order to lose it happens.

That's Florida.

I know it's a topic on this forum and there are probably fights between True Vols and Nega Vols.

But, that was brutal basketball. If some of y'all don't want to fess up to it, that's fine.

But, Tennessee has a different standard when it comes to women's basketball.

And that was trash. Pure trash.

Holly isn't the answer. That's obvious just in the 8 minutes I saw.

Y'all follow the women's game more than I do.

Is that what shooting or offensive basketball looks like?

I'm not joking here. It looked like they were just throwing the ball toward the hoop like a child that just became strong enough to get the ball 10 feet in the air.

I've never seen so many bricks and airballs from the paint and I only watched a few minutes.

Piss off and go cry all the way back to FLA.
You lost, we won.
Deal with it

Reactions: 4 people
yeah, yeah that was ugly basketball. It looked like the LVs started to let the old self-doubts creep in but to their credit, they pulled it together and finished strong.

A win is better than a loss...

Reactions: 5 people
if Tn beats Msu, they will have beaten every team ranked above them in the SEC reg season.. although Msu beat them in ktown.

If we win, and both Missouri and A&M lose on Sun (they're playing Bama and Ole Miss respectively so unlikely), we'll be tied for 4th with Missouri whom we beat earlier. Otherwise we'll either be 5th or 6th.

If we win, and both Missouri and A&M lose on Sun (they're playing Bama and Ole Miss respectively so unlikely), we'll be tied for 4th with Missouri whom we beat earlier. Otherwise we'll either be 5th or 6th.

Missouri did already lose to Bama at home this season, so them winning on the road is not a given.

If we can get 15 points out of Jordan Reynolds and 10 points out of Meme Jackson putting up less than 15 shots between them Miss St is going to lose.

When is the last time Reynolds made two shots in a row. Gawd, her shooting...

She is making 35 percent of her shots this season. Her career average at Tennessee is 36 percent. She can't shoot couldn't when she came here and will be leaving still not being able to shoot. I'm sure she has a degree with which she can make a lot of money. She is not advancing in basketball. She does a good job of not turning the ball over and making decent passes she has no offensive game at all.

If we can get 15 points out of Jordan Reynolds and 10 points out of Meme Jackson putting up less than 15 shots between them Miss St is going to lose.

Yes, but the chances of both getting those points are near zero and not much better for one or the other.

If we got that production out of these two plus consistent scoring from our 3 top scorers we would be hard to beat assuming we played decent defense and rebounded.

Even worse than our overall offense is the passion for team defense and rebounding.

Have you seen Harris in her limited time??? She is totally clueless.

Yes, it is ashamed that we could not win some games with larger leads. Harris would have probably benefited greatly.

Looks like Harris was not a legitimate recruit for the program and just to save face for a possible shut out in 2016 recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back