Game Thread Lady Vols vs Tennessee State

Burdick finally figured out something and started scoring a few points. We haven't played as well since we got everybody back was doing a lot better when we had seven players.

I think by the time we get to SEC play she'll have to take two players out of the rotation. I think Harrison and Jones coming back will bench somebody.

Carter is playing the best on the ball defense we've seen from LV's since the days of S. Meek. the cliche in the grill of the point guard was demonstrated by her.

And she can flat out jump. remember Holly commenting about practice and the player who she was most impressed by Carter

Reactions: 2 people
They are out rebounding us 24 to 17. We have forced them into 16 turnovers so it doesn't matter.

I expect when we play Texas we'll see a lot of Carter, Massengale, Reynolds, and Jones because of her defense on the perimeter. A little less of Middleton and Nared. Harrison, Moore, and Graves.

Reynolds is afraid to score. I am truly sick of watching Burdick's stupid passes. She isn't consistent enough to play the 3 in our offense

Reynolds is afraid to score. I am truly sick of watching Burdick's stupid passes. She isn't consistent enough to play the 3 in our offense

Her whole game is disjointed. Great at rebounds and hustle but little else.

I agree, but she'll end up starting from here on out..how she got ranked so high kcoming out of hs ill never kno

She was our best 3-point shooter last year (39.4%) among those who had over 15 attempts.

I guess last year she picked it up toward the end of the season. Don't get me wrong. I love her game. But she doesn't have a pretty shot.

If Cierra shoots a lot against good teams like Stanford we will lose. She needs to stick to what she does well-rebounds and defense.

Reynolds, Carter, Burdick, and Moore are the best defenders on the team. Nared and Middleton are going to be good too.

If Cierra shoots a lot against good teams like Stanford we will lose. She needs to stick to what she does well-rebounds and defense.

I think her problem is that she's playing out of position given her skill set. Her passing and dribbling around on the perimeter hasn't helped the team at all for 3 years now, and her shooting has been erratic. Let her back up Graves at the 4 where her size and rebounding ability will be of some benefit.

Reactions: 4 people
I think her problem is that she's playing out of position given her skill set. Her passing and dribbling around on the perimeter hasn't helped the team at all for 3 years now, and her shooting has been erratic. Let her back up Graves at the 4 where her size and rebounding ability will be of some benefit.

Yes.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back