Gaulden flop

I just think it feels great to get one of those crazy calls for once in this game. Ill never forget the 2000 ghost phantom Gaffney catch for a TD! That still hurts to this day!

Reactions: 2 people
They would have to call that 10 more times to make up for the "the catch that wasnt a catch" by gaffney

Right on! I still have a mental image burned into my mind of that "catch." We were screwed and didn't even get kissed. That call seemed to be the start of several years of bad luck for us. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that way...always has.

I love Gaulden but come on kid you didn't even fall in the direction of the punch.

WWF on CBS!!!!! Classic!!!!! Academy Award? I know my family went nuts when it happened and my wife who knows nothing about football said WHAT? What and idiot.... Needless to say, beer came out my nose and I choked for a good min laughing at her.

Ref was reaching for his flag as soon as the gator threw the punch. The flop was inconsequential.

I agree with this, but considering the way Gaulden was dancing around the Florida player prior to the punch, I think he was lucky he didn't get penalized for taunting.

Reactions: 1 person
The penalty was on Florida "throwing a punch" and not necessarily connecting on a punch. Sorry FL but get that guy out of here! Gaulden flopping only helped the cause but it was the action of the Florida player that truest caused him to get ejected.

I'd much rather this than have him get in a slap fight for offsetting penalties.

I love the win but don't pretend this was smart... It was dumb and sneaky. We would go ballistic if it happened to us and would want the player suspended. We don't have to stoop to this and he is better than that.

"Dumb" was the swing itself. If the Vols had a player doing that, your focus would be applied towards him. Resume self-hate. :)

I agree with this, but considering the way Gaulden was dancing around the Florida player prior to the punch, I think he was lucky he didn't get penalized for taunting.

"Luck" is what you make. :dance:

Reactions: 2 people
The article on Yahoo! News wants to make you feel sorry for Florida bc they were in the midst of a second half collapse. To that I say good riddance! They were due!!

flop.0.gif

Who is this douche announcer that says we should apologize to Brandon Powell?

Don't throw hands or punches into peoples' faces and it won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I love the win but don't pretend this was smart... It was dumb and sneaky. We would go ballistic if it happened to us and would want the player suspended. We don't have to stoop to this and he is better than that.

Yep, but it was funny.

Should be nominated for an Emmy.

No. It really looked like a soccer or wrestling flop. But Powell threw a punch, and if that is what it takes to wake up a catatonic ref, what else should Gaulden do? If he does anything else, he risks getting tossed. So, it may have been poor acting, but it was a smart move.

Well if this had happened against ANYONE else besides the trashy, second class Gators, I would agree that it was unnecessary and an immature thing to do. However, I think in this case it's not that big of a deal. The Gator players have spent much of the offseason and since runnin that mouth, flapping those jaws, and guess what?! They couldn't back it up! Including, of course, Jalen Tabor getting physically abused by Jennings on that TD. As far as I see it, they got what they had comin and I would feel no regret or remorse if it happened 10 more times after that in this game. You know what they say, "what goes around, comes around"!

Quite funny -- but hoping we don't see that again from a 120 player.

And where was that camera angle coming from?

(And, if I recall the td play, Gaulden really needs to cover / go for the ball on those end-zone passes).

VN Store

Back