George Floyd Protest/Riots

This.

His statement came across as tone deaf to the current situation. Yesterday wasn't the time for that conversation to take place and he apologized. It's over, move on
It troubling to me that poor judgement in timing and in wording can destroy 15 years plus of charitable behavior to a city that is as unique and diverse as NOLA is. Yeah he shouldnt have gone down the road he did yesterday, but there was nothing there that was racist . At its worst it was a teaching moment.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
It's amazing how somebody so close to it could be so tone deaf. He's talking to the kneelers every day. He knows their motives. He knows their hearts. He should know where they're coming from. And he still doesn't get it.

He doesn't pretend to because he hasn't been in their shoes and no one should expect him to. That's a whole lot better than some of these people out and about pretending to know what it feels like to be judged on their skin color. Is it not?

Here's what I wish would happen ( I know it probably won't ) I wish President Trump would call BLM, NAACP and Charlamagne tha God, have them come to the White House and ask them what they need, not what they want but what they need. I would do this behind closed doors and then have a press conference after, I would make it mandatory for 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans from both the House and the Senate to attend. I would make this meeting last about a week and come away with some new legislation that would help these communities and in particular the youth of those communities.

I'm not saying all of them...but since you brought it up...it's literally all 4 that were on the scene, how can all 4 cops on a scene be this bad? There are plenty that will do bad **** and let bad **** happen, and that's not even counting the ones who won't speak up when they become aware of issues. If you got 4 outwardly corrupt cops and 96 cops that won't hold them accountable, you have 100 bad cops.
Did you hear anything about one of the officers seeming to know that it wasn't right, protested, and got shut down by the neck knee guy?

It troubling to me that poor judgement in timing and in wording can destroy 15 years plus of charitable behavior to a city that is as unique and diverse as NOLA is. Yeah shouldnt have gone done the road he did yesterday, but there was nothing there that was racist . At its worst it was a teaching moment.
Oh yeah, Drew Brees is one of the MOST kindest, charitable people you will ever meet in your life. The things he has done for NOLA are 2nd to none.

Good thing a lot of you people here weren't around to see Eisenhower send troops to segregated schools. I cant imagine the cries of DICTATOR and other hysteria that would flood the media.
Because the governor refused to obey a Supreme Court order

Maybe that white person should have stayed off Twitter and kept his opinions to himself. Who the F cares about what Drew Brees thinks about patriotism or politics? Just shut up and throw the football.
Yahoo finance asked him in an interview. They specifically asked him what he thought about players kneeling at the start of the season.

All these damn deep state generals coming out of the woodwork

Occam's razor has no effect on the leg-humpers. Most plausible explanation: our orange boy sucks ass and can't govern his way out of a paper bag. Their explanation: there's a massive deep state conspiracy against our selfless, tireless dear leader who only wants to Make America Great Again.

You guys gonna continue sticking with your boy?

You have to wonder if it will dawn on them that at some point or if they will otherwise recognize that smoke doesn't just occur, somewhere there's a fire.

How many senior level advisors have to come out and shout from the rooftops that the man is out of his depth and only wants yes men.

Speaking of which, has Esper been sacked yet?

It troubling to me that poor judgement in timing and in wording can destroy 15 years plus of charitable behavior to a city that is as unique and diverse as NOLA is. Yeah he shouldnt have gone down the road he did yesterday, but there was nothing there that was racist . At its worst it was a teaching moment.

The attitude permeating around this "get on board or else" mantra is more troubling than any destroyed building.

Reactions: jaybird_1981
His statement showed he didn't understand why they were kneeling. It's not about disrespect. Maybe you don't get it either but I bet Brees is more likely to make the effort next time

Obviously or he will be a racist klansman.

It will be interesting to see the results of that investment. My prediction, gentrification or wasted money.
This is what is such a problem.

The neighborhoods are in bad shape. You have to put in a pretty good amount of money to make a difference, fixing roads, or just clearing debris, isnt enough. You are talking new or completely renovated buildings. Even if you do "affordable" you are raising the costs in these areas. The people living there cant afford even moderate price increases. You somehow have to invest 10s or 100s of millions, but not effect the cost of living. It's a catch 22. Even if rent stays the same the appraisals go up, and people coming in end up paying more than the old rates which "forces" people out.

So somehow you have to make changes, but not effect any change. Spend millions but expect no cost delta. It makes no sense. You have to find people willing to take losses in order to fix things.

He doesn't pretend to because he hasn't been in their shoes and no one should expect him to. That's a whole lot better than some of these people out and about pretending to know what it feels like to be judged on their skin color. Is it not?

Here's what I wish would happen ( I know it probably won't ) I wish President Trump would call BLM, NAACP and Charlamagne tha God, have them come to the White House and ask them what they need, not what they want but what they need. I would do this behind closed doors and then have a press conference after, I would make it mandatory for 5 Democrats and 5 Republicans from both the House and the Senate to attend. I would make this meeting last about a week and come away with some new legislation that would help these communities and in particular the youth of those communities.

He doesn't have to know exactly what they feel to understand that they don't view it as disrespecting the flag. I get it if he's not going to support Alvin Kamara literally sitting on the bench during the anthem, but Kapernick and that green beret explained that they settled on kneeling because their intention was not to disrespect the flag. You don't have to walk a mile in a man's shoes to understand his explanation of his motives. You really have to be the nanciest of nancies to view kneeling, a universal sign of respect, as a sign of disrespect after the person doing it explains they don't mean it as disrespect.

It’s a really bad thing when people can’t speak freely. His sin was expressing a contrary opinion that didn’t hurt anybody. He never said people were bad for kneeling. He just said he didn’t support that particular act and explained why in a thoughtful manner.

This is what is such a problem.

The neighborhoods are in bad shape. You have to put in a pretty good amount of money to make a difference, fixing roads, or just clearing debris, isnt enough. You are talking new or completely renovated buildings. Even if you do "affordable" you are raising the costs in these areas. The people living there cant afford even moderate price increases. You somehow have to invest 10s or 100s of millions, but not effect the cost of living. It's a catch 22. Even if rent stays the same the appraisals go up, and people coming in end up paying more than the old rates which "forces" people out.

So somehow you have to make changes, but not effect any change. Spend millions but expect no cost delta. It makes no sense. You have to find people willing to take losses in order to fix things.

IMO opinion you are 100% correct. I think the only real way to "invest" in these communities without gentrifying them is to come up with some sort of program that helps current residents purchase their homes.

VN Store

Back