Get ready to be underwhelmed

As a Detroit Lions fan, this may be one of the very few years that I will be able to say I am more excited about the Lions than I am the Vols....doesn't happen very often.

But, hey, maybe we'll all be surprised at the end of the search.

Ultimately, being pessimistic isn't good for your health.

Maybe we can take the money which we previously squandered on the FB program and divert it to women's sports. Looks like that's our only chance to be competitive.

It will not be a home run hire. That is a fact.
A sac bunt may be the best case scenario here... IE, someone to get us through the rough years before we try again.

We REALLY ****ed up in 2017. We had every opportunity to make a solid hire, then Currie waited too long to fire Butch and then tried to sneak Haslam's guy through the back door.

Reactions: tbh and FLVOL_79
With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

You are all getting your hopes up for another underwhelming hire at UT

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position isn't coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Its going to take time to raise this ship from the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC
Nobody is good enough for VN. Yet Saban continues to hire coaches do many of you thought unacceptable. My guess is many of you will be unhappy no matter what. It's time to quit the bellyaching and get behind the university.

With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position isn't coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC
Hiring a coach that can get us to where we can hire a coach that can compete...sounds EXCITING!!!

Reactions: The Tall Gguy

Tony B. saying that White isn't talking to Jimmy Sexton clients.

I fear the OP is correct. If we get turned down by all the tier 1 candidates, probably best to go with Steele as interim in 2021. Hopefully the NCAA situation will clarify and the AD can make another run at it next season.

While I wish, like many here, that this will resolve quickly, we best be prepared for a multi-year slog back to even a mediocre football team.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Yay.

Lol. Blessed to be here, alive. Not real excited to be here, in another coaching search, waiting to be disappointed...again. Other than that, I'm Great. How you doin?
Heh, fine. Bearing with the downs and outs of the program, and bearing with the negativity of vn.com. Aside from the times I'm bleeding orange, all is going great.

Really happy to see you still around. Really was afraid we'd lost you, Charger, and some other good folks.

I agree. No amount of money is going to bring a big time coach here with everything going on. And the administration has no one to blame but themselves for “self investigating”
Wrong. We had to because Plowman would be negligent in her job and her position terminated if she looked the other way. Plus it was leaked
to the press. No way out of it.

We will prosper through adult beverages
Cheers

brc.gif

Gee, it’s almost like hiring a coach in the middle of January during a pandemic after your chancellor has admitted to Level I violations doesn’t exactly bring the candidates out of the woodwork. If only some of us were saying this the whole time even before Pruitt was canned.

I'm actually going to take the "we are paying the new AD a lot of money, and I have confidence he will make a great decision" approach. His track record says he's made good hires throughout his career. I have no doubt he will continue that.

But, but, but ... THIS time he is trying to fill an SEC head coaching vacancy. The SEC playing field is far different from what he‘s familiar with. Scott Frost sure hasn’t torn it up at the P5 level so there’s that. If he hires Tony Elliot, a man with no head coaching experience and who has only had one year as an OC at Clemson no less with Trevor Lawrence as his QB then I’ll have serious reservations about this AD’s “great decision making”. As I recall Jeremy Pruitt was a great DC but as we now know, Jeremy was an awful head coach. Tennessee need to get off their high horse and hire Lane or Hugh IMO. GBO!

Heh, fine. Bearing with the downs and outs of the program, and bearing with the negativity of vn.com. Aside from the times I'm bleeding orange, all is going great.

Really happy to see you still around. Really was afraid we'd lost you, Charger, and some other good folks.
I've been on sabbatical for a couple of months, is charger still around?

VN Store

Back