Get ready to be underwhelmed

The buyout

That's my point, though. Reports are that we have money to spend, now I guess that we got that money from the buyout, potentially.

But you don't even need the big money for Tony Elliott, Sonny Dykes (god help me), or even Jamey Chadwell!

Saving the buyout seems stupid if it also means you pigeon hole yourself into hiring a crappy coach.

Central Florida used to be underwhelming to just about everybody. The fan base doesn't hire head coaches. I'm trusting Danny White to get the job done and I'm going to support whomever he hires.

That's my point, though. Reports are that we have money to spend, now I guess that we got that money from the buyout, potentially.

But you don't even need the big money for Tony Elliott, Sonny Dykes (god help me), or even Jamey Chadwell!

Saving the buyout seems stupid if it also means you pigeon hole yourself into hiring a crappy coach.

I get what you are saying in terms of getting on with the search sooner. I passed my judgment on him( not that it matters ) after that Kentucky debacle.

But. in addition to the buyout, they can say they were proactive in firing him for cause due to the investigation when it comes time to stand before the NCAA.

I get what you are saying in terms of getting on with the search sooner. I passed my judgment on him( not that it matters ) after that Kentucky debacle.

But. in addition to the buyout, they can say they were proactive in firing him for cause due to the investigation when it comes time to stand before the NCAA.

You're right, and they likely didn't have a choice about initiating the internal investigation. I will co-sign wanting Jerm fired after Kentucky as well. It was obvious at that point that he wouldn't get it done here.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
You're right, and they likely didn't have a choice about initiating the internal investigation. I will co-sign wanting Jerm fired after Kentucky as well. It was obvious at that point that he wouldn't get it done here.

Yep.

The only thing I am personally questioning and ticked off over so far is that the guy who hired Pruitt and was supposedly overseeing this entire mess will still get paid for 3 years.

Also don't know why Sonny Dykes is being mentioned lol

Reactions: Alto1 and RhodesVol
Yep.

The only thing I am personally questioning and ticked off over so far is that the guy who hired Pruitt and was supposedly overseeing this entire mess will still get paid for 3 years.

Also don't know why Sonny Dykes is being mentioned lol

Agreed. Fulmer's buyout is a train wreck, and Sonny Dykes would be a flat tire a mile from the house when embarking on a road trip.

Are
With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

You are all getting your hopes up for another underwhelming hire at UT

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position isn't coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Its going to take time to raise this ship from the bottom of the Mariana Trench

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC
they bringing Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt back?
If not shut up cause they will be better

With the pending NCAA sanctions coming to UT, your HC will be a low tier HC or an up and coming coordinator

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position isn't coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

Temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed. No one on VN is going to get what they want in a HC

A lot of people are going to scream but this is correct.

IMO a young coach that has shown promise and is willing to come rebuild the program is as good as we can do.

Reactions: Border Vol

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position is coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

I want Jerry Glanville

Unfortunately i cant be any more let down from what we have been through for almost two decades. Im just numb to it. I expect these guys to F it up.

It is what it is at this moment. We are crap and nobody with a cushy position is coming to UT to wade through the sewer the past administrations have created

It's why we paid top dollar for a top of the line AD so he could underwhelm hiring a Joe Sixpack of coaches as a placeholder for a few years? I don't think so, if White can't deliver a big time coach he needs to kick rocks and get on I-40 out of town. We don't need losers on Rocky Top and we for dxxx sure don't need to pay them top dollar to underwhelm our peers in the SEC and fan base.

VN Store

Back