Grant sets school record

What I like is that when 1 or 2 players for UT are off somebody steps up. That is championship level play.

"Well, she's a guy. . . so there's that." LAVol1, the link it to Women's records.

Reactions: VOLsome
No -- just no on all fronts.

Arlan Clark Oklahoma State 24 of 24 1959

and by the way a bum by the name of Maravich - 30 - 31 1969

Grant slides in at number 2

Reactions: VolDave53
We needed every one of those 23 free throws. Combinatorially, an 82% free throw shooter has only a 1% chance of hitting 23 straight. A clutch performance for the ages.

From the thread,
Great X's and O's BB Breakdown

My BB IQ just jumped 50 points.

Unfortunately, this thread will bring your basketball IQ right back down to earth.

EDIT: This post was before threads were merged. That OP, now #53, compared Grant's FT performance to women's basketball records.

I know Grant is a man among women, but geezz...

Last edited:
Was texting with a friend today about whether or not Grant Williams will make it in the NBA or not... The consensus we reached was that there would be no doubt if he was just 2 inches taller... At 6'7" he would be a lot like Draymond Green (though not as consistent with the perimeter jump shot). At 6'5", he is a tweener and it's kind of up in the air with regard to the NBA... although he will get a chance.

I have also heard him favorably compared to Adrian Dantley, from the 80's, who was also just 6'5". AD was a little more athletic though. Either way, I hope he comes back next year. We are still a top 10 team if he does...

Was texting with a friend today about whether or not Grant Williams will make it in the NBA or not... The consensus we reached was that there would be no doubt if he was just 2 inches taller... At 6'7" he would be a lot like Draymond Green (though not as consistent with the perimeter jump shot). At 6'5", he is a tweener and it's kind of up in the air with regard to the NBA... although he will get a chance.

I have also heard him favorably compared to Adrian Dantley, from the 80's, who was also just 6'5". AD was a little more athletic though. Either way, I hope he comes back next year. We are still a top 10 team if he does...
Adrian Dantley is a great comparison although I disagree with AD being more athletic. Last year, I would have agreed, but this year Grant is dunking left and right, plus getting more hops on his jumper. Like Dykes said, "look how high Williams got up, that jumper was unblockable". I think AD had a more range on his jumper, tho

Reactions: BowlBrother85

VN Store

Back