Greatest Walk On In College Football History...

London Fletcher. He started at St Francis College in Pa, playing basketball and then decided he wanted to play football. St Francis wouldn't take him so he transferred to D3 John Carroll in Ohio. D3 is same as a walk on. 15 yrs later he retired from the NFL and should make the Hall.

Bill Brasky

I remember that play Bill Brasky pushed down 3 offensive linemen, threw the fullback to the left, and the halfback to the right. He sacked the QB,made him fumble, picked up the fumble, scored a TD AND kicked the extra point. Here's to BILL BRASKY!!

I remember that play Bill Brasky pushed down 3 offensive linemen, threw the fullback to the left, and the halfback to the right. He sacked the QB,made him fumble, picked up the fumble, scored a TD AND kicked the extra point. Here's to BILL BRASKY!!

You forgot that he impregnated the ref too

Reactions: 1 person
I can't speak to every team, but Florida has had a few who were pretty good.

Louis Oliver was an all-American and 1st round draft pick as a safety.

Kerwin Bell became (at one time) the school's all time passing leader. Actually, he was also the SEC's all time leading passer when he finished his career.

Chris Doering still holds the career receiving touchdown record in the SEC.

that's off the top of my head.

If I'm thinking of the right guy, Kerwin Bell's story was amazing.

Santana Moss gets my vote. He is the best that I can remember, but also Colt Brennan gets major points in my book for walking on at Hawaii. He was fun to watch.

Who holds the single game receiving record (yards) at TN? That guy was a walk on. If he hadn't hurt his neck against UGA I think he would be in the mix.

Kelly Washington, I don't think he was a walk on, he was recruited and decided to play pro baseball. That wasn't working out and he came to play for the vols. Unbelievable talent and an even more unbelievable douche bag.

Brandon Burlsworth, O lineman at Arkansas in the late 90s. Went from walk on to starter to captain to NFL pick. Tragically, was killed in a car accident before he ever made it to the first mini camp in the NFL.
Got drafted by the Colts if I'm correct..

VN Store

Back