GT 8pm ESPN

Probably more for $$ than exposure iirc -- I took the whole week off so I am covered -- hope other fans are as well -- Would really like to know if UT/GT are getting the same $$$ that FSU and Alabama are getting for this game.

Havent checked the rest of the schedule is FSU and Bama the same night?

Havent checked the rest of the schedule is FSU and Bama the same night?

They get the Sat prime time game in Atl -- UT is second fiddle that week on Monday -- I guess thats what makes me a little irate about it all.

Probably more for $$ than exposure iirc -- I took the whole week off so I am covered -- hope other fans are as well -- Would really like to know if UT/GT are getting the same $$$ that FSU and Alabama are getting for this game.

Best info I've seen says Bama/FSU each get $5 million. Tech/Vols each get $2.85 million. FWIW the Gators are supposedly getting $6 million to play Michigan.

They get the Sat prime time game in Atl -- UT is second fiddle that week on Monday -- I guess thats what makes me a little irate about it all.

Eh. Bama/FSU is a bigger tv draw.
I think its better for UT from an exposure standpoint being separate from everybody else.

Reactions: 1 person
Eh. Bama/FSU is a bigger tv draw.
I think its better for UT from an exposure standpoint being separate from everybody else.

I wonder what time most Vols fans would rather have that game played though -- I think a 3pm start would be better than 8pm et -- just wondering what others think about the late start time

FWIW the Gators are supposedly getting $6 million to play Michigan.[/QUOTE]

Well its a very very rare trip out of state for UF, although they get a rebuilding Michigan team that they should beat -- Former AD Foley played that one to a T

I wonder what time most Vols fans would rather have that game played though -- I think a 3pm start would be better than 8pm et -- just wondering what others think about the late start time

I imagine that changes with each person for different reasons.

For tv it doesn't matter too much to me. If I was going and taking my kids, mid afternoon works better.

Pretty sure that Tuesday, Wed., Thursday, Friday is four full days.

yes it is, but really is it 4 full days for the players and coaches ?????? What time will they get back to Knoxville on Tuesday ? College athletes need time to rewind/recover from this stuff -- NFL players constantly complain about Thursday night games and they get paid -- figure it out man

I have watched every game CPJ/GT played since 2008 and I do not recall 1 knee injury due to cut blocking. I have seen injuries and they are all scrutinized on replay for cut blocks (mainly on the line). Each time the announcers stated and showed it was not a cut block. Check out the GT v Kentucky (2016 Taxslayer bowl) game where they did just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1QtkSqShyQ&t=5341s&list=PLKmKv7TIezInfuon5cIaOhn5m1nqySjUU&index=14

18:35 minute mark injured player, coach is complaining about a cut, review is a straight up block on all players

20:36 minute mark injured player, coach is complaining about cut blocks, review is a straight up block on all players

22:35 to 22:45 announcers says these are not cut blocks.... yet Kentucky coach is watering the field with cut block tears

No one likes taking a grass nap after being cut... I would hate that two. Most of them would rather chicken fight, slap, and hold like little school girls ; )

Clemson is the best cut block defenders on the edges... no whining...just good put up and shut up football.

Last edited:
The next game is a scrimmage, and the reason why this game could be scheduled the way it was. Exposure and $.

Also for recruiting. UT is listed as the home team which means we get to have recruits at the game on official visits. Coaches will be allowed to interact with recruits, provide tickets to kids and their families, spend a certain amount of money on entertainment, etc. Make it easy for some of the big star power in GA to watch us in person, hopefully convince them to visit Knoxville for a hard recruiting push.

Everyone's calling Indiana state not a big deal......until they beat us

If Indiana State beats us it will be one of the biggest upsets in CFB history. They are a bad FCS team, going 4-7 last year. People remember FCS Northern Iowa, they upset Iowa State last year. They also beat Indiana St 39-6. Everyone knows North Dakota State is the cream of the FCS crop, they beat Indiana St 41-17 last year, leading 41-7 at the start of the 4th when NDSU pulled their starters.

Anyone on UT's roster would be an immediate starter at Indiana St. The talent differential is shocking. We have LBs with faster 40 times than their corners. This is not an FCS team that makes the playoffs every year.

Indiana St and TN Tech both beat South East Missouri State last year by 3 and 1 points and both had similar records. We beat Tech by 55. This will be a 30+ point win with starters pulled in the 1st half.

If Indiana State beats us it will be one of the biggest upsets in CFB history. They are a bad FCS team, going 4-7 last year. People remember FCS Northern Iowa, they upset Iowa State last year. They also beat Indiana St 39-6. Everyone knows North Dakota State is the cream of the FCS crop, they beat Indiana St 41-17 last year, leading 41-7 at the start of the 4th when NDSU pulled their starters.

Anyone on UT's roster would be an immediate starter at Indiana St. The talent differential is shocking. We have LBs with faster 40 times than their corners. This is not an FCS team that makes the playoffs every year.

Indiana St and TN Tech both beat South East Missouri State last year by 3 and 1 points and both had similar records. We beat Tech by 55. This will be a 30+ point win with starters pulled in the 1st half.

So Butch wont have to say -- **** em all, this time ?

VN Store

Back