GT dismisses RB

X03AG.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Bearded is ecstatic, because if we happen to go something awesome like 10-2 or 11-1 this season, he's already got one "yeah, but if this hadn't happened, we'd have lost" arrow in his quiver.

Negas never stop nega'ing. When it looks like they're pumping, they're only pumping because they saw a new way to nega. :)

Reactions: 17 people
talking head Peter Burns, sitting in for Finebaum today, said it was devastating news for GT...like he was really going to make a big difference...said game plans will have to be totally changed...doubt very seriously that game plan will be totally changed...next man up...he also just said that we were going to have a very hard time against GT...sorry, I can't listen to him anymore...:thud:

GO VOLS!

Agree on devastating. Won't change the gameplan much IMO.

We are now missing our starting Bback possibly our 2nd string Bback, so a true freshman might start. We are also missing our senior RT and a backup LB which we were already weak in depth there. I don't think this will completely brake us, but it's definitely a big loss.

Have y'all heard anything about y'all players being suspended?

Reactions: 1 person
We are now missing our starting Bback possibly our 2nd string Bback, so a true freshman might start. We are also missing our senior RT and a backup LB which we were already weak in depth there. I don't think this will completely brake us, but it's definitely a big loss.

Latest thing I saw was that no suspensions were expected. Previously, it was suggested that one expected starter would be suspended.

I know... the jokes and such but UT really does handle discipline issues pretty strictly since Fulmer's last few years. He gave too many chances so the university took much of the discretion out of the HC's hands.

From ESPN:

"The Yellow Jackets won all three games Mills missed last season, with minimal drop-off in production. However, the remaining B-backs on Georgia Tech's current roster have combined for just 14 career carries, 13 of which came from senior Brady Swilling, who was just awarded a scholarship this week after four years as a walk-on."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20380577/georgia-tech-dismisses-leading-rusher-dedrick-mills-violation-athletic-department-rules

I just want to stop in to highlight the name of the walk-on who is likely about to have his one superhuman performance in an otherwise unremarkable athletic career.

Reactions: 10 people
Huge blow for Tech, was their best guy and two weeks from the game.

Rumors flying he cheated in a Dungeons & Dragons game.

Surprised he wasn't beaten with a ruler.

Now they are saying it was Pokemon Go. Seriously, one of my guys is a GT grad - and apparently it was the lure of the weed....

Reactions: 1 person
he also doesn't get that Florida has 3 wideouts sitting behind calloway. Best wideout class they have had in a while. Calloway means nothing.

huh, VolBro...was talking Georgia Tech, but I'll say you are right also...no one better make that mistake...Gators are loaded there too...he's just who most have heard about...:hi:...:salute:

GO VOLS!

sad to hear that..wanted to win with no excuses..but we will win however we need to..hope our VOLS stay safe and healthy...GBO

From ESPN:

"The Yellow Jackets won all three games Mills missed last season, with minimal drop-off in production. However, the remaining B-backs on Georgia Tech's current roster have combined for just 14 career carries, 13 of which came from senior Brady Swilling, who was just awarded a scholarship this week after four years as a walk-on."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20380577/georgia-tech-dismisses-leading-rusher-dedrick-mills-violation-athletic-department-rules

I just want to stop in to highlight the name of the walk-on who is likely about to have his one superhuman performance in an otherwise unremarkable athletic career.

Crazy, I worked with Brady Swilling last summer when I was an engineering Co-Op at the company I now call home. He's a local North Georgia kid. He would frequently leave work to go down to practice or workouts. Happy to see him get awarded a scholarship. That all being said, I hope we stomp a mud hole in him and the yellow jackets. Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
From ESPN:

And you can highlight his name if you want, but I've played pickup basketball and flag football with Brady. He's athletic (for a white kid.... I can say that, because I'm white), but he's not going to be a real factor against us.

YFj1ObG.gif

Reactions: 7 people
And you can highlight his name if you want, but I've played pickup basketball and flag football with Brady. He's athletic (for a white kid.... I can say that, because I'm white), but he's not going to be a real factor against us.

He won't be playing.

He's the 5th B Back.

From ESPN:

Brady swilling will not play in this game. I'm 99.9 percent sure of this. We were not at 85 scholarships so our coach gave 4 seniors scholarships for their last year.

The Bback who played last year when Mills was out, has transferred.

I think the starter might be a true freshman. If not it will be our 2nd string guy now, as long as he gets better. He's been injured.

Brady swilling will not play in this game. I'm 99.9 percent sure of this. We were not at 85 scholarships so our coach gave 4 seniors scholarships for their last year.

The Bback who played last year when Mills was out, has transferred.

I think the starter might be a true freshman. If not it will be our 2nd string guy now, as long as he gets better. He's been injured.

Good info, thanks. Would be pretty cool to see him get a carry or two in against us, assuming you are in about a 40 point deficit of course.

What does it matter if he is white or black? Isn't being athletic the same? And I can say that because im Jewish.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back