GT dismisses RB

Sources close to situation say he is transferring to Florida (of course) after a JUCO year.

Honestly I don't feel sorry for him. It may be a major setback for Georgia Tech but it is a monumental loss for him. Every young man that is given a opportunity of a lifetime should take it seriously because just one decision can ruin your career and life. I don't care what collegiate institution you get a full scholarship offered to attend because it is still a full scholarship to play the sport of your dreams but more importantly earn a college degree if the NFL doesn't pan out.

Reactions: 2 people
Ggee87
Ggee87
Helluva Engineer

I think football teams need to look past marijuana use, as long as it doesn't affect performance on the football field or in the classroom. If he's showing up to film study blazed out of his mind or to practice that way... Then I understand dismissing him. If he just failed some random drug tests and is still doing well in every other aspect of his collegiate duties... I'd let it slide. He's REALLY talented.

Wow. This GT fan needs to become an Alabama fan thinking like that.

Reactions: 1 person
I posted in the other thread about this.

Devastating loss for us, best player by far.

Likely starting a true FR now as he's beat out the other guys in front of him.

Losing players really sux! Oh wait we lost half the freaking team last year so cry me a river!

:-(

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 5 people
While it's a pretty big blow, in that offense, it's not as big of a deal.

What? It's a huge blow. Justin Thomas was one of the fastest players in CFB at QB that could deliver passes graduated and now they lose their top RB. This will hurt big time.

its apparent you use enough words for 10 posters so I will ration for the team.

Wait till Behr tells you about JJJ and his use of words!

Welcome aboard by the way.

I posted in the other thread about this.

Devastating loss for us, best player by far.

Likely starting a true FR now as he's beat out the other guys in front of him.

My prediction, although I think we'll win, is we make him look like a Heisman candidate. Hope I'm wrong. Thought historically that's how these things tend to work out for us.

We are now missing our starting Bback possibly our 2nd string Bback, so a true freshman might start. We are also missing our senior RT and a backup LB which we were already weak in depth there. I don't think this will completely brake us, but it's definitely a big loss.

Have y'all heard anything about y'all players being suspended?

I don't think I watched a Tech game last year. Can you tell me about Clinton Lynch? He has great numbers. Why didn't he get more touches last year? And with this dismissal, will he see an increased load? Is he an every down back? TY

Lol, okay. I didn't cry about it. Posted the facts.

We'll be fine but losing a teams best player is always a big hit.

When a 3 star is your "best" player you are having to coach 'em up because you're recruiting less than the Boise State level and getting it done with smoke and mirrors.

I don't think I watched a Tech game last year. Can you tell me about Clinton Lynch? He has great numbers. Why didn't he get more touches last year? And with this dismissal, will he see an increased load? Is he an every down back? TY

I'm not TechFan1, but here's my 2 cents.

Clinton Lynch is a stud. He's our big play threat.

He plays in the A Back position AKA Slot back on the wing.

Really the defense determines who gets the ball in the option offense. So if the defense is loading the box to stop the dive then you will see the A Backs start to get more touches. Yes, he's an everydown back.

We have a good A Back core in Qua Searcy, Clinton Lynch, JJ Green and Nathan Cottrell.

He's now our leading returning rusher and receiver.

The bad news is that Lynch has practiced in over a week. Hopefully just precaution.

Here's some film of him (music is NSFW)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iG-YlWY5e7o

Reactions: 1 person
Per Brett McMurphy

[twitter]898624937300078592[/twitter]

survivor1.gif

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back