Hard to believe its been this BAD!

Actually attrition from all the past 3 staffs caused this, especially Kiffins only class

Anytime you are extra young, as this year, you're likely to be young again in 4. Its just how it goes. Remember in 2010, we started 2 sophomores and 3 freshman on the offensive line

You can only recruit so many a year and they have to be split between both sides of the ball. If you don't get some RS years out of players or Seniors staying, your team will go through this every 4 years. The cycle will only stop if we can retain current players and RS the others so that we don't end up with an inexperienced line

Dookie one year had 0 OL recruits- Passed on Jelks who form all reports wanted to be a vol.. Simply Stupid

Reactions: 1 person
Lol.

So you're telling me you would rather have Kerbyson and Blair over James and Richardson? An overweight Juco and a RS Junior with ZERO career starts over two guys that will play in the NFL this season?

C'mon man!

Yes. That's exactly what I'm telling you. The lines that James and Richardson anchored had a 4 year losing record. You aren't ready for something different?

I know this is a tough pill to swallow but...I really believe we are better off starting a fresh group. the last group was terrible. all we ever heard was how good they were yet we were terrible at running. and terrible at passing. what the hell were these guys good at? And on top of it all...our line was responsible for tons of penalties last year. call me crazy but I'm glad to see a new o line. even if it means having some growing pains

There is a reason that only one of them was drafted before the last two rounds. Tiny might have been the most penalized player in the nation last year, and so many of them were at crucial times in the game. Does anyone have that stat?

I know this is a tough pill to swallow but...I really believe we are better off starting a fresh group. the last group was terrible. all we ever heard was how good they were yet we were terrible at running. and terrible at passing. what the hell were these guys good at? And on top of it all...our line was responsible for tons of penalties last year. call me crazy but I'm glad to see a new o line. even if it means having some growing pains

Didn't we average about 5 yards per running attempt? UT actually ran the ball well last year. The passing problems were all about our inexperience/lack of talent at QB and WR positions, not the OL.

Reactions: 2 people

How good were we really when they let Vandy cause problems for Dobbs and only one got drafted. If this line had been as great as it was supposed to be Dobbs would not have been harassed all day. They couldn't even get a yard against Vandy when they absolutely had to. This is the same reason the Broncos lost to Seattle. Even Peyton can't get rid of a ball that quickly. I for one look forward to new blood.

A point not talked about much is our kicking game. Michael Palardy did all our kicking last year. Did very good at all points. His career avg for punts is second only to Jimmy Colquitt.

Didn't we average about 5 yards per running attempt? UT actually ran the ball well last year. The passing problems were all about our inexperience/lack of talent at QB and WR positions, not the OL.

That's a deceiving stat. If they were so good why couldn't we have just lined up and blown teams off the ball? We couldn't pick up yards when it mattered. Against anyone! And that was compounded by penalties.

A tertiary problem to the oline last year was TE. Downs was horrible at blocking. So when you throw in a solid middle and Coleman Thomas and Wolf/Helm. I think we are gonna be as good or better. Besides most of the guys have an extra year with the read option...something that Tiny wasn't well suited for.

On a Blind Side note, I read where Blair is getting in much better shape since April our S&C program is making him more complete. That and a little more time to understand the offense could make him a much better LT this fall...fingers crossed!

Actually attrition from all the past 3 staffs caused this, especially Kiffins only class

Anytime you are extra young, as this year, you're likely to be young again in 4. Its just how it goes. Remember in 2010, we started 2 sophomores and 3 freshman on the offensive line

You can only recruit so many a year and they have to be split between both sides of the ball. If you don't get some RS years out of players or Seniors staying, your team will go through this every 4 years. The cycle will only stop if we can retain current players and RS the others so that we don't end up with an inexperienced line

Actually Dooley signing an entire class (2012) with zero offensive linemen is probably the biggest reason.

The only thing we truly have to worry about this year is edge pass rush and injuries.

If we avoid injuries and find a way to get some sort of of edge pash rush and we could be looking at a year early turnaround.

Actually Dooley signing an entire class (2012) with zero offensive linemen is probably the biggest reason.

It has something to do with it, but not the entire reason

We had so much attrition and players leaving other positions open on the field that had to be filled also.

You just couldn't sign 3 to 5 OL a year when you had gaps in DL, RB, WR, QB, DB and only 28 scholarships to fill those gaps. Plus, some of those linemen that we did recruit didn't pan out and never saw the field

The coaching changes and players leaving was like being on NCAA probation

It has something to do with it, but not the entire reason

We had so much attrition and players leaving other positions open on the field that had to be filled also.

You just couldn't sign 3 to 5 OL a year when you had gaps in DL, RB, WR, QB, DB and only 28 scholarships to fill those gaps. Plus, some of those linemen that we did recruit didn't pan out and never saw the field

The coaching changes and players leaving was like being on NCAA probation

Dooley's strategy of recruiting players from his HS didn't work out too well for us either

It is easy to believe it has been this bad. But I also believe it is about to get a lot better.

Had a Georgia fan tell me yesterday that we should've given dooley more time...I looked at him like seriously. :crazy:

If we keep landing recruiting classes this good, the wins will come, regardless of coaching ability. Talent will win out. A couple years from now, Dooley leading us to having Jones could have been one of the best things this program has ever had happen.

Dooley's strategy of recruiting players from his HS didn't work out too well for us either

No..you are slightly off. His strategy for the most part was to target players who were considering the Sun Belt and Conference USA. Lots of Cubic Zirconia in the rough

We averaged more yards per carry on the ground than we have in over a decade last year...

VN Store

Back