Hard to believe its been this BAD!

We couldn't throw the ball last year. We all knew it and every team we played new it. I wonder how long you'd have to go back to find a year when we didn't have 2000 yards passing. 1979...not the year, that's how many yards the three QB's threw for last year. 12 TD's passing the ball. 16 INTs.

We couldn't get the yard when we needed it because they put 9 guys in the box and dared us to throw the ball. So...you run from the gun, your TE can't block, there is no fullback...your asking 5 guys to block 7 people. The QB needs to check out of the play and make them pay and we didn't, couldn't, wouldn't do it last year.

Couple that with the fact that the backs weren't exactly explosive if they could get to the second level.

The fact that we ran the ball as well as we did has everything to do with the o-line, because the backs were average, the TE's below average, the WR's were young and inexperienced and the QB play in the passing game was sub par...couple all of that with very conservative play calling, due to the afore mentioned liabilities/weaknesses, we were lucky to run the ball as well as we did.

The year before the backs averaged about the same yards per carry, it's just the QB was slinging the ball all over the yard, you had to respect the passing game. It all works together.

I hope the guys do well this year, but if our passing game is similar to last year, those guys are gonna have a hard time. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
I think our passing game will be better mainly because of our talent at WR. Of course you do need someone who can get them the ball, but I think Worley will be fine. I'm most excited for North this year, dude was a beast last year!

It's a deceiving stat. What was our record last year? How about the year before? We couldn't pick up yards when it mattered

This is asinine. It isn't a deceiving stat. You're implying that our line was terrible because we had a losing record. I guess our offense was terrible in 2012 and so were our receivers in 2012 based on your common sense argument there.

Our offensive line was the best part of our football team last year.

I just can't believe that they've been as bad as they have the past few years, and now most of those starters are gone. That tells you how BAD they've been-you have a lot of upper-class men starters, and you're still bad.

This is asinine. It isn't a deceiving stat. You're implying that our line was terrible because we had a losing record. I guess our offense was terrible in 2012 and so were our receivers in 2012 based on your common sense argument there.

Thank you.

We won seven games with the Sullins twins starting in 2009. We won six games with a mostly freshman OL in 2010.

Our leader in sacks last year didn't have a single one until the Kentucky game. Maggitt and Saulsberry are back.

I'm not any more worried about this year's lines than I was in 2013. If anything, we should all be excited about the change.

It's our QB play and LB depth we should worry about.

Last edited:

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I think the offensive line was terrible overrated. Based off your argument... Bray was an awesome qb. Look at the record! Bray never was able to close the show when it mattered. In 2012,i believe we had 5 games in which we were driving with a chance to take the lead or tie. All 5 drives ended in turnovers and we lost. Funny thing... Our offensive line was responsible for a couple of those turnovers. The allowed a couple of blindside sacks that resulted in fumbles. Most notably against SC when Clowney forced the fumble. Say what you will but I'm glad to get these new guys in there

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I think the offensive line was terrible overrated. Based off your argument... Bray was an awesome qb. Look at the record! Bray never was able to close the show when it mattered. In 2012,i believe we had 5 games in which we were driving with a chance to take the lead or tie. All 5 drives ended in turnovers and we lost. Funny thing... Our offensive line was responsible for a couple of those turnovers. The allowed a couple of blindside sacks that resulted in fumbles. Most notably against SC when Clowney forced the fumble. Say what you will but I'm glad to get these new guys in there

Bray was a good, not great college QB. Our offense was the #1 offense in the SEC in 2012, complete with what you keep calling a terribly overrated o-line. Overrated in whose mind? Your mind? Did you expect them to be the best o-line of all time or something? If you overvalued them then that is your issue.

So back to my original point about the top offense in the SEC. I don't care about critical moments in the UGA, USCe or Mizzou games, we scored WAY more than enough points to win. Hell, we almost poured 50 on some SEC teams. Your argument is flawed because you are punishing our offense because of the fact our defense was the WORST OF ALL TIME. Stop being unreasonable.

Last edited:
Bray was a good, not great college QB. Our offense was the #1 offense in the SEC in 2012, complete with what you keep calling a terribly overrated o-line. Overrated in whose mind? Your mind? Did you expect them to be the best o-line of all time or something? If you overvalued them then that is your issue.

So back to my original point about the top offense in the SEC. I don't care about critical moments in the UGA, USCe or Mizzou games, we scored WAY more than enough points to win. Hell, we almost poured 50 on some SEC teams. Your argument is flawed because you are punishing our offense because of the fact our defense was the WORST OF ALL TIME. Stop being unreasonable.

Bray was great.. Signed all wins against teams with sub .500 records!

Spot on.. Sal's defense cost us 2 games in 2012- SC/GA

No it was still Dooley that cost us because he couldn't keep Justin Wilcox around and couldn't find anyone better than Sal.. Not sure if I should complain, we might have been better in 2012 but then again Dooley might still be coaching! Oh well...

I know this is a tough pill to swallow but...I really believe we are better off starting a fresh group. the last group was terrible. all we ever heard was how good they were yet we were terrible at running. and terrible at passing. what the hell were these guys good at? And on top of it all...our line was responsible for tons of penalties last year. call me crazy but I'm glad to see a new o line. even if it means having some growing pains

You can't make this stuff up.

No it was still Dooley that cost us because he couldn't keep Justin Wilcox around and couldn't find anyone better than Sal.. Not sure if I should complain, we might have been better in 2012 but then again Dooley might still be coaching! Oh well...
in Dools defense, Sal was a hot name at that time. Hindsight tells us the hire sucked. Sucked bad.

VN Store

Back