Still was a good win though.

Attachments

• 20161023_182621.jpg
    20161023_182621.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 2 people
Okay, I feel much better. We're 1-23.

Glad we got that settled.

well, if you go by when we play them, we beat Georgia twice when they were highly ranked. But yeah, SC was a top four team at the end of the year.

In 2013, South Carolina finished 11-2.

Final AP Poll - 4th
Final Coaches Poll - 4th

So yea, South Carolina was a Top 10 team that year.

so by your logic if OSU finishes 11th in the final poll then Penn St beat the #11 team not the #2 team -- send Verne an email and set him straight

AP #11th confirmed. They were 5-1 (with loss to UGA) before playing us

Still was a good win though.

It doesn't matter where they were ranked in the middle of the season though. They finished out the season in the Top 10. JS.

It doesn't matter where they were ranked in the middle of the season though. They finished out the season in the Top 10. JS.

Yeah I know. That's what I never understood about beating certain ranked teams.

Like Texas... they beat a top 10 ranked Notre Dame team this year who turned out to be trash.

Reactions: 7 people
Continous improvement, more wins each season, 2 straight solid bowl wins. I dont get the significance of a "signature win" if Penn State doesnt win much else, does the win against Ohio State really matter?

#11 not top 10.

They were # 8 when we beat them they dropped out of top 10 after we beat them but finished the year top 10. So its semantics if you are trying to prove Butch/UT is the worst of all time you conveniently go with the poll time that fits your narrative. Who cares anyway we are back sans the injuries.

Last edited:
Continous improvement, more wins each season, 2 straight solid bowl wins. I dont get the significance of a "signature win" if Penn State doesnt win much else, does the win against Ohio State really matter?

I would rather be 8-4 with wins again Bama and Florida everyday.

They were # 8 when we beat them they dropped out of top 10 after we beat them. So its semantics if you are trying to prove Butch/UT is the worst of all time you conveniently go with the end of year top 10 versus what the team was when you beat them. Who cares anyway we are back sans the injuries.

LOL dude... Look it up. You're 100% wrong. They were 5-1 and #11 AP going into the Vols game.

It only matters what they were ranked when Tennessee beat them. You can't be that dumb. Because they are what they are when Tennessee plays them. You don't project forward or backward.

Tennessee beat the 11th ranked team that day. Where they ended up is irrelevant.

Reactions: 4 people
I think all that matters is where we are now. Are we where we want to be- no of course not BUT we are miles ahead of where we were. I think Coach needs to make a couple more assistant upgrades and more recruiting, but we are making strides. If you dont turn the ball over seven times, we beat A&M and I dont see anyone giving Alabama a game.

The VOLS have barely sniffed the top ten in a decade. Not surprising that they don't have a stack of wins over top ten teams.

Reactions: 1 person
beat Florida and Georgia and the hole east in a season and win the battle of Bristol its a good job with all the injury's plus still a chance of something special this year.Would a Sec east champ be a signature season yes would a SEC championship be o hell yea!

It only matters what they were ranked when Tennessee beat them. You can't be that dumb. Because they are what they are when Tennessee plays them. You don't project forward or backward.

Tennessee beat the 11th ranked team that day. Where they ended up is irrelevant.

But if they had been ranked number 1 that day and ended up not ranked - you would be using the reverse logic.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back