Has Butch had his "Signature Win"

Butch has a few signature wins if you look at where we were when he took over. However he will not be allowed to claim them, on this board, because the haters will never give him the satisfaction.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch has a few signature wins if you look at where we were when he took over. However he will not be allowed to claim them, on this board, because the haters will never give him the satisfaction.

I agree, SC was a good win. Be sweet to beat a big dog power 5 big name school too though.

Butch hasn't and likely won't have that signature win. He goes into the ultimate b mode in big games. Watching other teams win against great teams as underdogs makes me jealous because you always have to take chances to beat a great team. And Butch takes no chances. Lol. He epitomizes the play to not lose thing
Your opinion doesn't mean much, but good for you getting it out there. Constantly.

Reactions: 8 people
Butch hasn't and likely won't have that signature win. He goes into the ultimate b mode in big games. Watching other teams win against great teams as underdogs makes me jealous because you always have to take chances to beat a great team. And Butch takes no chances. Lol. He epitomizes the play to not lose thing

Yep, he should did last year against UGA when the fanbase had about given up on him. Then he did again this year down 21-3 to UF.

We will be underdogs in 2 games this year. One to the #1 team and one to a top ten team we took to OT on the road with seven turnovers.

Yeah, I mean he beat florida and Georgia, but lost to Texas A&M and bama. He really needs to start doing a better job coaching them not to turn the ball over seven times and stop getting injured. Gimme a break fellas. We have had so much failure in past few years that it has become all we look for. We gotta stop diminishing wins and stop focusing on losses. 😑

Reactions: 2 people
This whole "signature win" bit could go on for eternity...the goal is always moving...I guess the ultimate signature win is a national championship win....Funny to see folks just throwing stats out there that are completely wrong though...but I think my VFL brothers have taken care of that....

Your opinion doesn't mean much, but good for you getting it out there. Constantly.

My opinion is worth the same amount of points as anyone else on here's...except vfl34. His is worth double. At least. Lol. But seriously it's very difficult to discuss this team and potential big wins while ignoring the massive glaring issue...our coach will literally take a knee instead of trying to score out of fear. And so few either seem not not recognize this or are unwilling to admit it. Weird

My opinion is worth the same amount of points as anyone else on here's...except vfl34. His is worth double. At least. Lol. But seriously it's very difficult to discuss this team and potential big wins while ignoring the massive glaring issue...our coach will literally take a knee instead of trying to score out of fear. And so few either seem not not recognize this or are unwilling to admit it. Weird

You must be the only smart one to realize it. Yet the same coach you are referencing has turned a program around so much that we expect to win or at least compete in every big game instead of losing them all. Again, we will only be underdogs in 2 games this year. When was the last time that happened?

Yeah, see that's all your opinion. That you believe it is fact only matters to you. That's just my opinion of course.

Seriously? This crap again?

Let's see, Butch has now beat every team in the East, and ended unsavory streaks against our two biggest East rivals. Yes, I hope for more, but this isn't bad. I think he has several big wins.

CBJ sweeping both Fla and UGa this year stands for signature victories...And--going undefeated in the SEC East this year should also shut a lot of mouths....

When was the last time we did that???

A strong finish to get to 10-2 with the walking dead from injuries will be a phenomenal accomplishment!! And 11-1 was truly in reach without all the fumbles...:salute:

It's called logic, sir, and you may not understand it. Based on your posts, you seem to be an emotional reactor.

I'm not even worried about signature wins. Signature doesn't mean anything other than giving pundits something to talk about. You can talk an opponent up, talk an opponent down, say a win is a sign of things to come, say a win is a high water mark and not to expect anything bigger. All I care about right now is 2004. That's the last time we beat everyone in our division. And that's on the table. Go get it. GBO.

I'm not even worried about signature wins. Signature doesn't mean anything other than giving pundits something to talk about. You can talk an opponent up, talk an opponent down, say a win is a sign of things to come, say a win is a high water mark and not to expect anything bigger. All I care about right now is 2004. That's the last time we beat everyone in our division. And that's on the table. Go get it. GBO.

Our division win streak is now at 7.

With James Franklin beating number 2 Ohio State....it got me thinking. We have had several great wins. Florida this year comes to mind but has there been one better during his time here.

The "signature win" changes as a coach beats teams that he has not beaten in the past. He got Uf this year and many thought it was a signature win. Some think it is a win over someone ranked higher than than his team. So when CBJ beat South Carolina, many would count that as a signature win. This year, he broke a 11 year losing streak against UF. That could be a second signature win. Couple of win over Georgia were counted also. I guess the real signature win for CBJ would be a win over Alabama before Sabin leaves. I expect that could come in 2018 when the OL, Dl, LB and QB positions have depth and experience.

Wins over Georgia and this year's win over Florida were really big in that the confidence of the team is turning toward the positive and essentially interrupted when we lost over half of our starters in mid season. However the experience gained by those who stepped up will benefit the teams in 2017 and 2018. I look forward the the 5 remaining games this year and to the improvement we will see in 2017 and beyond.

You really should leave the 4-2-0 alone before you post on here.....Beating Spurrier's bunch in '13 was a great win against a ranked team...UGA last year after trailing 24-3 was a great win....

Sweeping Fla and UGA this year are major feats that UT hasn't accomplished since 1998!! Let that sink in for a minute......

When you sober up...please try again....:crazy::crazy:

Who are you? I love this post!

With James Franklin beating number 2 Ohio State....it got me thinking. We have had several great wins. Florida this year comes to mind but has there been one better during his time here.

NO! We need a win against a team in which we are a huge under dog. Such as last weekends game against "O Bama"
Beating someone whom we are predicted to lose to by a couple of points is NOT a signature win. We need to SHOCK THE WORLD

This thread sums up our fan base. Butch has plenty of signature wins..

- Beat USC when they were good and had Spurrier and we had basically no team
- Beat UGA basically costing Richt his job and then beat his replacement who was highly touted as the second coming of Saban
- Beat a highly ranked Northwestern team like a friggin drum
- Beat Florida for the first time since "Friends" was still airing on NBC

He has increased his wins by 2 every year and started with nothing. He is doing it right. Enough with this crap

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
You really should leave the 4-2-0 alone before you post on here.....Beating Spurrier's bunch in '13 was a great win against a ranked team...UGA last year after trailing 24-3 was a great win....

Sweeping Fla and UGA this year are major feats that UT hasn't accomplished since 1998!! Let that sink in for a minute......

When you sober up...please try again....:crazy::crazy:

Florida and Uga are both terrible this year. Uga lost to vandy last weekend. And yet we needed a Hail Mary to beat them. We needed a missed extra point to be ap state. All while having the second most talented team in the sec. We have 15 players on this team that will play in the nfl. And you're applauding the guy. Let that sink in a bit

Florida and Uga are both terrible this year. Uga lost to vandy last weekend. And yet we needed a Hail Mary to beat them. We needed a missed extra point to be ap state. All while having the second most talented team in the sec. We have 15 players on this team that will play in the nfl. And you're applauding the guy. Let that sink in a bit

It's sunk in. We are much better than we were 4 years ago. Sorry I have to say this, but some of our fans suck.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back