Heath Shuler is coming to Atlanta

A local church has a fundraising dinner every year. They always hire a speaker and charge admission to raise funds for mission work. Heath spoke there a few years ago and it was a sellout.

When it was over, the minister went to pay Heath the fee for coming. Heath said "keep it." He drove an hour and a half one way to come.

He gave his testimony and spoke eloquently about how Christ had changed his life.

He said he was down to UT and Bama in the recruiting process. He was torn about which to choose. So one morning before sunrise he climbed to the top of a mountain near his home. He spent a long time there in prayer.

After asking the Lord for guidance, he finally got up off his knees and watched the sunrise. He said the entire sky became bright orange.

He had his answer.

Reactions: 4 people
A lot of hate in here for a guy that busted his azz of UT. I don't get it. Because of politics? Seriously? So players that are accused of rape, we go to the mats for. A guy that was a democrat, he can go @#$# himself. Got it.

It's the retarded country we live in these days. The very reason I stay out of political debates. Some people just can't get over themselves long enough to see the other side. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I was always a Shuler fan. One of my most treasured gifts is a napkin that my aunt and uncle got him to sign when they ran into him at the Copper Cellar eating lunch about a day or so before he declared for the draft. They framed it and gave it to me for my birthday and it has been hanging on my wall ever since it was given to me on my birthday in 1994. They guy was one of the best qb's in most of our lifetimes to ever play the position and this is how VN treats him. So what if he is a democrat and you're not? Who cares. He is a great ambassador for the university and has done nothing to deserve the venom some of you spew. He's a VFL. Moreso than many who post here.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back