Hendon Hooker on Heisman Trophy Winner 2022 Watch List (w/Vegas Odds Released Today...

Spencer Rattler's odds are INSANELY overstated. These oddsmakers have apparently never seen the kid play before.
I don't get that either. He's got the same issue Hooker has. His team probably won't win enough to keep him in the race.

Gonna be pretty much impossible for Hooker to win it without at least winning the SEC East. That's certainly doable since we return most of our starters, but it's a tall task with Bama, LSU, and UGA on the schedule. Pretty much have to go at least 2-1 in that stretch while beating the rest of the East.
I disagree about having to win the East for Hooker to have a shot at the Heisman.

Take 2012 Texas A&M as the model. They not only didn't win their division, they didn't even come in second (Bama 1st, LSU 2nd, A&M 3rd). Johnny Manziel nonetheless won the trophy.

Three keys to Manziel's successful Heisman campaign without a conference title:
(a) He beat #1 Bama, and absolutely carried the team on his shoulders in that game​
(b) In fact, Manziel carried his team several games that year with acrobatic performances​
(c) A&M finished a very respectable 10-2 in the regular season, with both losses to ranked teams (#6 LSU and #24 Florida)​

So, can we replicate all that?
(a) Hendon would have to have a crazy-good year, the kind that makes your eyes pop out watching him.​
(b) We'd have to beat either Bama or Georgia. Gotta have a win over the #1 team in the land. And Hendon would have to be THE motive force of the team in that win.​
(c) We'd have to beat almost everyone on the schedule; getting to 10-2 should do it, but probably nothing less.​

Can it happen? Sure. Is it likely to happen? Probably not, but I'm all for it.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: Carp
flopping by opponents will need addressed or the offensive sceme isnt going to succeed

Last edited:
Every since Peyton got the bum's rush from ESPN, I haven't given a royal rat's a$$ about who wins that trophy.

VN Store

Back