here is our turning point

I have to say I totally agree. It looks as if our game plan is set in stone and scripted to a T. We never attack a teames weakness. We just play our offense like this and see what happens. I don't like what I've been seeing at all. Just do your job is all I ask from the staff. Some are and some are failing miserably.

Can't run many different plays if you can't block. If you believe the plays we run is the complete playbook, then I don't know what to say.

"I don't like what I've been seeing at all."
So, what are you going to do about it? My guess is that Hart could care less what you like. Whether you like it or not, Butch gets 5 years to turn things around and he will by then.

Reactions: 3 people
This offensive staff including jones doesnt know how to gameplan or make changes during the game. They are incompetent!The only thing they know how to do is recruit. You cant rely on talent alone ala fulmer to win games in this league. We will all find this out in a couple of years when we are only winning 6 or 7 games a year.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm all for turning points, no matter the road your on, good or bad every moment is a opportunity to go one direction and I hope our team chose's to fight they have endured alot of pain and letdowns, and theirs a choice for our fan base to, so team, fans lets fight back with pride and roll the tide, tell kiffen he has no were to hide, and their run is over, you come to the hill, noway the vols rollover, so reach back and hit bama in the mouth, third down for what this is our house, so d bring the wood, o letem know were good, and lets shut them up, all this frustration just building up so cockit back and letit go I'm proud to be a Tennessee vol so lets let the world know

Can't run many different plays if you can't block. If you believe the plays we run is the complete playbook, then I don't know what to say.

So, what are you going to do about it? My guess is that Hart could care less what you like. Whether you like it or not, Butch gets 5 years to turn things around and he will by then.

These are my opinons and I could care less if Hart or you for that matter cares. That's why I put it on a disscusion forum instead of sending a letter to Jones, Hart, or Cheeks. I pay my money to sit in the seats I sit in every week and I am entitled to my opinion. Don't like it, skip over it. I read a lot on here I don't like, but if it makes good discussion, I join in if I choose.

Also, while I state my opinion, I know how the game is played and I'm sure we haven't showed our entire playbook. Me, you and every person with any football knowledge knows our Line sucks. So what, run something to offset their bad play. Cutcliff did it with Ainge when he had a bad line. They got rid of it quick and they allowed the linemen to try and drive the player in front of him one way or the other instead of standing straight up and waiting on them to show their path to be read. There are always another option, even when a part of your team is bad.

Reactions: 4 people
No...the Florida game in Knoxville was Butch's "turning point" opportunity.

His current "heat" regarding his Offensive coaching/(lack of) performance...Is the result of his failure on his "turning point".

This week needs to just be hard fought...and PRAY for no injuries. But this week is NOT a "turning point". Getting to 6 wins this year (which is looking less and less likely) is the next "turning point".

Capice?
Oh well hell there it is. No need to question TAF the enforcer of all things Butch and his deadline of meeting all qualifications NegaVol related.

Good_cool_at_math_amazing_yes_sir_okay_ok.gif

Last edited:
Considering the starting point, second year is too early to assess long term potential. Y'all simply have no concept of patience. Gonna be a couple more years before we know for sure. Hang in there or hang with another team.

Everyone keeps comparing our rebuild to others like Ole Miss but that doesn't seem like a fair comparison to me.

I would be interested to see a comparison of teams coming off probation because that's closer to what we are going threw.

I would like Butch Jones much better if he would just admit things aren't working offensively, and say we are going to make some changes, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL...........what do you need blinking neon? Who do you want to fire or what changes do you want?

Everyone keeps comparing our rebuild to others like Ole Miss but that doesn't seem like a fair comparison to me.

I would be interested to see a comparison of teams coming off probation because that's closer to what we are going threw.

Everyone wants to win and win yesterday. Building this program the right way is what matters. Bringing in the level kids he is...building depth...keeping them bought in and having Alabama/Auburn/Georgia level athletes at all positions is key. If he pulls 3 top 10 level classes and still can't win then by year 3 it maybe time to part ways...but time and patience is all we can have now.

This offensive staff including jones doesnt know how to gameplan or make changes during the game. They are incompetent!The only thing they know how to do is recruit. You cant rely on talent alone ala fulmer to win games in this league. We will all find this out in a couple of years when we are only winning 6 or 7 games a year.

Yeah Fulmer didn't win any games did he. For crying out loud we have an idiotic fan base sometimes.

Everyone wants to win and win yesterday. Building this program the right way is what matters. Bringing in the level kids he is...building depth...keeping them bought in and having Alabama/Auburn/Georgia level athletes at all positions is key. If he pulls 3 top 10 level classes and still can't win then by year 3 it maybe time to part ways...but time and patience is all we can have now.

I don't know what the time table is. Right now it looks like the kids have bought in. I don't know that they ever did with Dooley.

The turning point will be when the our staff starts winning the battle of the X's and O's in SEC games. Youth and inexperience of the staff plays a part here as well. You saw the Ole Miss staff go right at Mosley when he came in the game, BAMM TD. Spurrier used to do the same thing to Fulmer, it was like the tortoise and the hare.
I understand what you are saying. I do agree that I question some of our offensive play calling but as far as them attacking our inexperienced dB that is what they should do. To defend our coaches a little bit though they didn't have a dB out there that is inexperienced for us to attack.

I understand what you are saying. I do agree that I question some of our offensive play calling but as far as them attacking our inexperienced dB that is what they should do. To defend our coaches a little bit though they didn't have a dB out there that is inexperienced for us to attack.
Ga did, and what did we do to try and attack / expose him? Not a damn thing. That's FB 101, expose and attack your opponents weaknesses. You can not defend the GA game with any credibility whatsoever, sorry.

Reactions: 1 person
well never never win in the SEC without a offense line and quarterback no matter who the coach is.

You are talking about winning. I think we are talking about simply scoring a TD in an SEC game. I don't expect to win any of these middle games but I do expect to score an occasional TD. I have lowered my expectations, as have most, but I can't rubber stamp the offensive game plan the last 2 weeks.

Ga did, and what did we do to try and attack / expose him? Not a damn thing. That's FB 101, expose and attack your opponents weaknesses. You can not defend the GA game with any credibility whatsoever, sorry.

Again I respect what you are saying but if we attacked in any game it was the Georgia game. I think we had 27 completions for 3 touchdowns and 0 ints. Pretty good stats. We killed there secondary all day.

Fortunately, his opinion isn't shared by those who influence such decisions.

Neither is yours, more than likely

We all can agree that if Butch doesn't start winning and have at least 8 wins by 2016, he will be searching for another gig

I like Butch as well but I am like alot of others on here, it's like he has this "proven system" that has worked at sub-par schools, and by gosh it's gonna work here so let's just keep doing it until we see results. Sometimes change is needed to make improvements.

So you told hart that butch will turn it around in five years and he agreed? Thank goodness you can see into the future. Who will win the Super Bowl this year?

VN Store

Back