here is our turning point

Ok, Florida's D is their strong point and have potentially the best CB in the game. Our O is our weak point and Worley hold the ball too long, not calling for Butch's head there as hard as that was to stomach.

Ole Miss, Dline is probably the best in SEC and our OL is the one of the worst. Again, Worley could have thrown ball away more and game would have been closer, but we would have lost. There was no winning that game. Ole Miss waited for us to make mistakes.

Georgia is better depth and better OL same as Oklahoma.

Bama is better all around.

The rest of the games are winnable. We will get number 4 and 5 against Vandy and Kentucky. We just need to beat UCSe which is very winnable or Mizzou.

Mizzou to me is best chance. Against UF they had everything go right and had no offense. Had 1 offensive TD at that was when it didn't matter.

If Derek Dooley hires literally anyone but Sal Sunseri, IMO it is very likely he is still the coach at UT.

That goes to show you no matter how good or bad you are, one staffing decision can be the difference in your job. CBJ better make the right ones in the offseason, whatever they might be.

Again I respect what you are saying but if we attacked in any game it was the Georgia game. I think we had 27 completions for 3 touchdowns and 0 ints. Pretty good stats. We killed there secondary all day.
Maybe I should have been more specific. I'm specifically referring to when GA's best CB got hurt and they had to bring in a true freshman for the first time this season. He was in for several plays and we did not go at him once. Even the announcers doing the game, pointed it out numerous times. With the size we have at WR, not taking advantage of that situation was inexcusable plain and simple. NO EXCUSE, HORRIBLE COACHING and WE ULTIMATELY LOST YET ANOTHER CLOSE GAME THAT WAS VERY WINNABLE.

Reactions: 1 person
Neither is yours, more than likely

We all can agree that if Butch doesn't start winning and have at least 8 wins by 2016, he will be searching for another gig

Based on this thread, your right. Some appear to be there already and everybody will polarize for the next year, CBJ is the a savior or CBJ is Dooley. Lets hope we can pull this out.

I like Butch as well but I am like alot of others on here, it's like he has this "proven system" that has worked at sub-par schools, and by gosh it's gonna work here so let's just keep doing it until we see results. Sometimes change is needed to make improvements.

One thing that is being overlooked. A lot has been made about which coach he followed at the previous schools. One major advantage CBJ had at those stops is the offenses were similar enough that the skill sets needed for CBJ's offense was already in place. He just needed to fine tune the recruiting, not completely revamp the skill set.

There won't be mass system changes in this offense. It's Jones calling card and how he made a career.

They tried to tweak it last week I thought with fewer zone read plays which I still think is the right way to go despite the overall results.

What this team really needs to do first and foremost is actually practice what Jones preaches about playing smart.

Posted this last night:

Oklahoma game......interception return for a TD

UGA game....fumble in the end zone for a TD

Florida Game....fumble by Worley sets UF up at the UT 30 for their only TD.

Ole Miss Game.....second TD is set up off an interception by Worley to the UT 35.....third TD set up off of Berry's fumble.....fourth TD set up by going for it on 4th down and it ends up with Ole Miss ball at their 45.

42 points in 4 games strictly off of turnovers. That's the other thing beside the terrible O line that really is sticking in my craw, the offense is just making it far too easy for the other team.

Can't give up an average of 10 points a game from mistakes and expect to win against decent teams

Thanks, you remind many of us that a fan base always consists of a few folks who just don't have the ability to think clearly. All are welcome. So Welcome!

Nailed it!

ZMc6d5Q.gif

I have avoided the scourge of the offseason and just came to see all the happy, satisfied Vols fans now that there is football to watch.

These are my opinons and I could care less if Hart or you for that matter cares. That's why I put it on a disscusion forum instead of sending a letter to Jones, Hart, or Cheeks. I pay my money to sit in the seats I sit in every week and I am entitled to my opinion. Don't like it, skip over it. I read a lot on here I don't like, but if it makes good discussion, I join in if I choose.

Also, while I state my opinion, I know how the game is played and I'm sure we haven't showed our entire playbook. Me, you and every person with any football knowledge knows our Line sucks. So what, run something to offset their bad play. Cutcliff did it with Ainge when he had a bad line. They got rid of it quick and they allowed the linemen to try and drive the player in front of him one way or the other instead of standing straight up and waiting on them to show their path to be read. There are always another option, even when a part of your team is bad.
I agree with everything you said some of these people need to see it for what it is and not get butt hurt when some one has a different opinion. Great coaches win games when everything isn't going right or with less than great talent. Just saying.

The turning point will be when the our staff starts winning the battle of the X's and O's in SEC games. Youth and inexperience of the staff plays a part here as well. You saw the Ole Miss staff go right at Mosley when he came in the game, BAMM TD. Spurrier used to do the same thing to Fulmer, it was like the tortoise and the hare.

A true freshman corner goes in and gets attacked? I bet no one saw that coming! Who else should they play? You tell me since you are obviously good at picking up on things that our coaches never thought of. And on offense, the X's and O's, what would you do to help make our Oline function? .... Point proven. Be patient and let this staff continue to build. It takes time. They are doing a great job IMO. Go vols!

Maybe I should have been more specific. I'm specifically referring to when GA's best CB got hurt and they had to bring in a true freshman for the first time this season. He was in for several plays and we did not go at him once. Even the announcers doing the game, pointed it out numerous times. With the size we have at WR, not taking advantage of that situation was inexcusable plain and simple. NO EXCUSE, HORRIBLE COACHING and WE ULTIMATELY LOST YET ANOTHER CLOSE GAME THAT WAS VERY WINNABLE.
We lost that game because of our quarterback who still passed for almost 300 yards was out almost the whole 3rd quarter and we fumbled the ball away in our own endzone! Didn't matter who Georgia had in at dB they could not stop our passing game that day. Anyone could see that!

I have to say I totally agree. It looks as if our game plan is set in stone and scripted to a T. We never attack a teames weakness. We just play our offense like this and see what happens. I don't like what I've been seeing at all. Just do your job is all I ask from the staff. Some are and some are failing miserably.

Reminds me of an explanation that Oregon's offensive coordinator gave about how they call plays. He said something to the effect that the calls are lined up like aircraft in a landing pattern. It seemed as if their offense was basically just plays pre planned and in an order that is isolated from anything the defense is doing.

I agree with everything you said some of these people need to see it for what it is and not get butt hurt when some one has a different opinion. Great coaches win games when everything isn't going right or with less than great talent. Just saying.

Give me a list of these great coaches and I bet I'll show you coaches who lose games that they shouldnt. As far as I know there are no teams vying for a championship who are undefeated under the tenure of their current coach. Just sayin.

VN Store

Back