Here we go....super league?

Where will they get the cupcakes to pad their records?
I swear the monetization of everything certainly isn't making life any better.

Bro, if we get rid of the cupcake scheduling BS because of the profit-motive, I'd say that's a credit to $ in sports. Not a knock. The imbalance in CFB is the worst part of it to me. 45 games on any given Saturday and only 5 of them will feature good teams that actually turn out to be a close match. It's garbage.

Bro, if we get rid of the cupcake scheduling BS because of the profit-motive, I'd say that's a credit to $ in sports. Not a knock. The imbalance in CFB is the worst part of it to me. 45 games on any given Saturday and only 5 of them will feature good teams that actually turn out to be a close match. It's garbage.
I want to see those cupcake games as a preseason/fall camp thing. Give schools up to 2, have to be FCS or lower. doesn't impact ranking or season record. Give them some special rules to cut down on the injuries, maybe 10 minute quarters with a running clock or something. Drop 1 regular season game, really think there needs to be at least two by-weeks every season. and no FCS or lower games during the season.

Wouldn't mind one for the spring game either. maybe 1 & 1, one spring game, one preseason/fall camp game.

lets money still go to the small schools if that matters to you. you aren't cluttering the schedule with crap games. Gives your guys a chance to play someone else during those times. keeps teams like Kentucky and Vandy from feasting for 4 weeks before getting worked over.

Reactions: VolNExile
I want to see those cupcake games as a preseason/fall camp thing. Give schools up to 2, have to be FCS or lower. doesn't impact ranking or season record. Give them some special rules to cut down on the injuries, maybe 10 minute quarters with a running clock or something. Drop 1 regular season game, really think there needs to be at least two by-weeks every season. and no FCS or lower games during the season.

Wouldn't mind one for the spring game either. maybe 1 & 1, one spring game, one preseason/fall camp game.

lets money still go to the small schools if that matters to you. you aren't cluttering the schedule with crap games. Gives your guys a chance to play someone else during those times. keeps teams like Kentucky and Vandy from feasting for 4 weeks before getting worked over.
This is interesting. I'm adding it to my (ever-growing) list of Things To Mull Over.

I first thought, nah, the little schools won't make enough money, because who'd want to go to that? But if the tickets were priced right, I can see attendance. Fans are frantic by August to see their teams and hear the band. Dat heat tho...

VN Store

Back