Hmm, weird… FRUSTRATION POST

Then we should add 52 reasons why we should be ranked over Bama then to the dozen or so other reasons.
He is just trying to validate his team, I get it.. SC is poo and we should have played better, I’ll give him that.. but in regard to Bama, them being ranked above us is not justified, as I can recall in seasons past Bama having an outlier game and not dropping down that severely

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVolsFrog
It’s not that the Cotton Bowl is a bad draw. It’s about the criteria that committee outlines when making their ranking isn’t being followed. We should be in the Sugar or Orange Bowl before the Cotton Bowl before we should be in the Cotton.

And I’m done with hearing about the loss to South Carolina. The blowouts that we had should more than make up for the loss. Hell, the very next week we blow out Vandy by 56. To use this one loss, as bad as it was, as some trump card over all the other categories we beat out Bama for is bush league and everyone knows it.
This is it

Reactions: LadyVolette
The committee is so biased toward Alabama it’s not even funny. One minute they’re saying margin of victory doesn’t matter then the next they’re saying that Bama is ranked ahead of us because they lost by less points in their two losses than we did. And now because Ohio State wants to be petty we’re stuck playing in a sorry excuse for a NY6 bowl (cotton).
If they think Bama fans will travel better than Tennessee fans they’re nuts. Put Bama in the Sugar playing a “meaningless game” according to them with stars sitting out..yea go ahead

You and a lot of others keep missing the point but I’m not surprised.
Nah I think y’all are missing the point. Beat South Carolina and none of this would even be a discussion. Control your own destiny, don’t leave it in the hands of a biased committee.

Nah I think y’all are missing the point. Beat South Carolina and none of this would even be a discussion. Control your own destiny, don’t leave it in the hands of a biased committee.
nah, gotta go undefeated beating Bama and then still cross your fingers

Please everyone get off this topic! Going to the Orange bowl is far better for US than making the playoffs by some miracle or complaining.

We do not have the horses to beat UGA yet, especially with our injuries. Lets go to the orange bowl and pound Clemson. Half of the teams in front of us have to get beat since they all play each other. We finish the year top 5 and can sell the " you are the last piece" to recruits.

Getting pounded in the semi finals does us zero good. I know most will say "line up and play anyone" but some of us accept the reality of the situation. We simply do not have the roster yet to beat UGA or probably OSU or Michigan.

We will get there, but not this year. Be happy with top 5 and tons of momentum heading into next year.

You and a lot of others keep missing the point but I’m not surprised.
I don't think anyone is missing the point. They just don't agree with your point. There's a difference.

If you were objective, you could make a case for either team.

Tennessee: SOS, head to head, ranked wins
Bama: 4 points from being undefeated. No blowout losses. Healthy QB. Several of TN's ranked wins are no longer ranked.

In fact, if you were a Bama fan, I guarantee you would be arguing the latter right now.

It didn't go our way, but that doesn't mean it's some conspiracy.

P.S. You (and others) can discount the USCe loss all you want, but that's why we're out. It was too ugly and it happened too late in the season to bounce back. It's as simple as that.

Reactions: JoAllan
They win bc we lost. If we win, we win. We could afford one loss but two. We gave them the committee the decision to be made , ranking two 10-2 sec teams apart. They set up rules for their ranking but what seperates a computer from human selection is, the committee as a group decided Or majority ruled that Alabama is the better team right now and if Alabama and Tennessee played tomorrow alabama would win.
I don’t disagree that Alabama would be a favorite I’d like to think tennessee would win but if you put a gun to my head I’d have to say Alabama is the better team right now.
Somewhat accurate bAma looks stronger right now. However, we are not making a point spread because we play them tomorrow. This is judged on a season body of work. Still yet, there is a valid point for them jumping us....that's just not it. After we win a head to head with a team that has the same "body of work" record...I don't particularly agree with the valid point either.

Bama's two losses are to TN and LSU. Tennessee's two losses are to GA and South Carolina...South Carolina.

The Alabama situation look I get it, we check all the boxes that should put us ahead of them. But our two losses look really bad, and our starting qb went down for the rest of the season. If we played Alabama tomorrow would you feel good about it? At the end of the day 10-2 is an awesome season especially giving the circumstances for Tennessee, but we did this to ourselves with that usc loss. If we win that game, then we have a legitimate argument for the playoffs and picking our NY6 bowl. Nothing we can do now tho but move on and see how this plays out.
You’re 💯 correct. My hope is the remaining players remember how it felt to get so close only to lose the chance when next season gets here. After a loss like SC, you have to find a way to let that make you better. If you don’t, then it truly is a defeat.

The committee is so biased toward Alabama it’s not even funny. One minute they’re saying margin of victory doesn’t matter then the next they’re saying that Bama is ranked ahead of us because they lost by less points in their two losses than we did. And now because Ohio State wants to be petty we’re stuck playing in a sorry excuse for a NY6 bowl (cotton).
I still find it hard to believe that this is even considered a problem. When was the last time we were even considered for a NY6 bowl game, sorry excuse or not? We would have killed for the opportunity for so long I can't believe anyone would even complain. A better one would be nice, but it is still a NY6 bowl game.

nah, gotta go undefeated beating Bama and then still cross your fingers
Lol true. I am also under the impression that we would be in the CFP 100% if we had beaten South Carolina. I know a lot of others don’t share that notion. That may be the root of the disagreement

Every team did multiple things to put themselves in their current positions. We are debating the rationale of the current rankings given what each and every team has done - both good and bad.

And if we had beat a team should've beaten, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

And if we had beat a team should've beaten, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
We would be debating if we should get in over TCU, Mich, and or USC.
We could have beaten SC and still been left out but obviously we will never know. Think of the meltdown that would have caused....and there would have been a few on here who would have said "if we had played better against GA we wouldn't be having this conversation."
The one thing we do know is that we would be debating our ranking and how we were being screwed no matter what.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back