Votes: 144 30.2%

Votes: 190 39.8%

Votes: 70 14.7%
  • 9 or more

Votes: 22 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8-4.

Start at 4-0. Then fade to 4-3. Then win 3 in a row to get to 7-3, then 7-4 and finish at 8-4.

Very good year, this team is ready... as I.

41% for 7 wins?! I thought the thread title was "honest predictions" not wishful predictions?
5 should wins - E TN St, UTEP, Charlotte, UK, Vandy
4 could wins/toss ups - WVU, UF, USCjr, Mizzou

So if you win the 5 and split the 4 that's a realistic 7 win season. Hardly "wishful" if this coaching staff is able to wash this team of the stench of Botch.

I picked 6 wins. I think any over that and it's gonna be a really good season. Like some have said,seeing improvement as the season goes along is what I'm looking for.

Reactions: Rifleman
41% for 7 wins?! I thought the thread title was "honest predictions" not wishful predictions?

A little shocking that 5 wins is at under 7%.

I know it doesn't seem wildly optimistic to say we will get to a bowl, but I worry the fan base is really under-rating the middle difficulty part of our schedule.

I see a lot of people talking about the West Virginia game like it is a toss up at worst. I'd say we have a 20% chance of getting that one at best.

still sticking with my 6-6 regular and bowl win makes it 7...that's my story and I'm sticking to it...and,

GO VOLS!

Losing to Dooley would be the ultimate kick in the bulbs. That’s all they’ll find to talk about during the game and if he wins it’ll be even worse

I believe we'll start off 3-4 as we go through murderers row. Then go 4-1 the rest of the way as players develop and learn how to compete for a full game.

7-5 reg season.

Go Vols!

6-6, bowl eligible, finish 7-6 with a bowl win and have nice momentum heading into year 2 for Pruitt. I think UT upsets someone during that “hell stretch,” I can’t see them losing 5 in a row. I’m picking an upset against Auburn.

WVU - Loss
ETSU- Win
UTEP - Win
UF - Loss
UGA - Loss
AUB - Win
Bama - Loss
USCe - Loss
Charlotte- Win
UK - Win
Mizzou - Loss
Vandy - Win

Maybe most importantly, I have UT going 3-5 in conference, which will give Pruitt something really positive to build on after 0-8.

WVU - L
ETSU - W
UTEP - W
UF - W
UGA - L
Auburn - L
Bama - L
USC - W
Char - W
UK - W
Mizz - L
Vandy 0 W

I think a 7-5 season with a win against UF would be an amazing first season for CJP. 8-4 just seems way too far out there. Yes, we have talent on the team, it is going to take a few weeks for things to click. USC is overrated and had a cupcake schedule last year JUST to get to 8-4. The barely scraped by the worst UT team of all time AND almost lost to LA Tech. They are almost as overrated as Auburn for 2018.

If the WVU game was somewhere else on the schedule we could maybe pull it off, but just don't see it happening week 1. They have a terrible defense, but we have a terrible offense (at least for now). I think our DB's could become really good this year, but as for now, they are unproven for the most part. Warrior and Abernathy are going to have to work overtime just to keep this close.

HOWEVER, I am planning on tailgating heavily in Charlotte and will be hammered in section 140 if anyone is interested.

9-3 with losses to ga bama au. Call me crazy.
giphy-39.gif

I think they scrape into a bowl. The games against Florida and Missouri are huge. Those are both toss-up games at home, and I think (hope?) we'll win one of them.

vs. West Virginia - L
ETSU - W
UTEP - W
Florida - W
@ Georgia - L
@ Auburn - L
Alabama - L
@ South Carolina - L
Charlotte - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - L
@ Vanderbilt - W
This would be a good Christmas!

What are your honest expectations for 2018? My best guess is we'll just miss a bowl. Close loss to Florida as usual, and revenge against UK, and a blowout of Vandy to go 2-6 in conference. I also think we play a good game at Auburn coming off the bye week.

UT 21 WVU 31
UT 70 ETSU 0
UT 38 UTEP 3

UT 21 UF 22
UT 6 UGA 30
UT 13 AU 17
UT 10 BAMA 34
UT 24 USC 28

UT 45 Charl 20
UT 30 UK 28

UT 23 Mizz 30
UT 48 Vandy 3

Florida, USC, Kentucky and Mizzou will be the nail-biter games decided by a few key plays. As I look at it more, I think the schedule really works against us, but maybe we can get one more of those and get to a bowl.
so you think we can hang 48 on a Vandy who sometimes has a decent defense but only 23 on Missouri

so you think we can hang 48 on a Vandy who sometimes has a decent defense but only 23 on Missouri

Yeah, Vandy is very thin right now. 107th nationally in returning tackles from last season. This will be a rough year for them, especially with no offensive firepower to keep that young defense off the field. They are going to be in worse shape than us by a mile by the end of November. It will be a lot of fun to put them back in their place.

Yeah, Vandy is very thin right now. 107th nationally in returning tackles from last season. This will be a rough year for them, especially with no offensive firepower to keep that young defense off the field. They are going to be in worse shape than us by a mile by the end of November. It will be a lot of fun to put them back in their place.
I think Vanderbilt goes 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC this season. Derek Mason will be an assistant coach at another football program in 2019.

Reactions: solivols
I think they scrape into a bowl.

vs. West Virginia - L
ETSU - W
UTEP - W
Florida - W
@ Georgia - L
@ Auburn - L
Alabama - L
@ South Carolina - L
Charlotte - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - L
@ Vanderbilt - W

I think pretty much this, the only difference is I dont think Pruitt wins a road game in the SEC, and yes that includes Vandy as hard as that may be to accept. I think UT loses and saves Mason's arse.

But the same thing was true last year. And UT is returning practically the same team minus all the good guys that graduated or went to the NFL. Vanderbilt won just one more game than UT. Guess which one game it was.

Vandy in Nashville is a road game?

It hasnt stopped Vandy from beating us the past few years, has it? Ive come to realize that with UT fans you cant call that a defacto home game. People in the Nashville area are more Bama fans or big 10 fans than you think. Many of them love the novelty of watching UT lose to a crap team like Vandy and they root hard for it.

VN Store

Back