How could Dooley be so bad?

He turned the ball over on UT's last three possessions. It's never on one guy's shoulders in football, but Bray totally choked.

We gave up 600 yards offense. That clown Dooley hired off Saban's staff is the one that choked. GTFO of here Bammer.

He would have been much improved as a player and a team leader, or he might have just pulled
a Riley Ferguson.

Way to go out on a limb there, kidding.

I tend to agree with 82 that leadership might have helped him but his character and discipline were so weak. I think the Riley route was the most probable hypothetically.

I still blame Hamilton for destroying all of the Athletics.

Reactions: 3 people
1. Dooley wasn't qualified for the job.

2. Dooley was too arrogant to admit he couldn't do the job.

3. By Year 3, he didn't care enough to try.

Dooley should have been Kiffined in the parking lot after the UK debacle. By then, everybody knew we'd been had.

Reactions: 4 people
Way to go out on a limb there, kidding.

I tend to agree with 82 that leadership might have helped him but his character and discipline were so weak. I think the Riley route was the most probable hypothetically.

I still blame Hamilton for destroying all of the Athletics.

Butch is pretty good at setting standards and expectations for all these kids. I honestly dont
know how this thread deteriorated from "Dooley sucks" to "Tyler Bray is the Anti-Christ."

Fulmer's 2007 team quit on the program too, are they all villains? How bout all the guys that bailed on UT
during and after the Fulmer/Kiffin transitions. Maybe we should make a master list of all these traitors so
the board will have even more people to revile.

Was Sunseri coaching UGA's defense when Bray was handing them the ball?

Oh you mean all those 4-5*'s on Georgia's defense? Yeah, they didnt have anything to do with the game either,
they just laid down. And of course you would know Bammer. You were probably washing your cat during the game.

Oh you mean all those 4-5*'s on Georgia's defense? Yeah, they didnt have anything to do with the game either,
they just laid down. And of course you would know Bammer. You were probably washing your cat during the game.

So it's Sunseri's fault until Bray's own play was involved, then it was just a quality opponent.

It's too bad Bray rarely played well against a quality opponent, or UT might have overcome their defensive woes.

Reactions: 2 people
So it's Sunseri's fault until Bray's own play was involved, then it was just a quality opponent.

It's too bad Bray rarely played well against a quality opponent, or UT might have overcome their defensive woes.

Lets see, McElroy choked against LSU twice, against your biggest rival, and even choked on a big one vs.
South Carolina.

AJ choked against A&M, Auburn, and big time vs. Oklahoma.

They both suck, born choke artists, and McElroy got beaten out in NY by Bray's backup! :eek:lol:

Lets see, McElroy choked against LSU twice, against your biggest rival, and even choked on a big one vs.
South Carolina.

AJ choked against A&M, Auburn, and big time vs. Oklahoma.

They both suck, born choke artists, and McElroy got beaten out in NY by Bray's backup! :eek:lol:

First, you need to check records, results, and stats.

Second, unlike Bray, Bama 's QBs actually had success at some point in their careers, including against every team in the conference. Bray was not successful at anything, ever.

First, you need to check records, results, and stats.

Second, unlike Bray, Bama 's QBs actually had success at some point in their careers, including against every team in the conference. Bray was not successful at anything, ever.

I dont care what they're record was, it only matters that they are choke artists, and I just proved it. Now
run along little bama troll. You just got smacked.

Bamawriter, that is an overstatement. Bray's play can be best characterized as a "feast-or-famine" cycle, i.e. feasting on inferior competition and becoming quite error-prone vs. quality opposition.

Reactions: 1 person
McElroy has 1, McCarron has 3. Math is hard, huh?

Bama has 3. McElroy has already washed out to Bray's backup that was one of the worst QBs UT has had
in the last 40 years. And McCarron is next, just a matter of time. And of course your team didnt have anything
to do with all those wins, just like UT's team didnt
have anything to do with all those losses your'e pinning on one guy. Keep it up Bammer, if you dont mind being
embarrassed, I dont mind being the one to make you look like a fool.

Bama has 3. McElroy has already washed out to Bray's backup that was one of the worst QBs UT has had
in the last 40 years. And McCarron is next, just a matter of time. And of course your team didnt have anything
to do with all those wins, just like UT's team didnt
have anything to do with all those losses your'e pinning on one guy. Keep it up Bammer, if you dont mind being
embarrassed, I dont mind being the one to make you look like a fool.

Honestly, he does that on his own being on UT board and all.... :crazy: :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
I have followed UT football for better than 30 years and the 3 years that Derek Dooley was the head coach was by far the biggest cluster in program history, IMO.

Granted the program wasn't in elite shape when he took over, but if anything, UT still had name recognition if nothing else, after a great 15 yr run followed by a few years of mediocrity with Fulmer and one year with Kiffin( granted he kept the brand in the limelight if nothing else.)

How does a perennial SEC power house get to the depths Dooley took us?

My question is this...with the current coaching staff and roster, could Dooley return us to prominence, or would he **** this up too?

Ec2TVI1.gif

smashed-computer.gif

smashing-phone.gif

Last edited:
Over time, with success, it will become less and less a painful memory, and more and more a quaint family joke to laugh about as we look back.

We're not quite to the pain-free era yet.

Spot-on. Stooley deserves a post-season thread describing his ridiculousness for a whole generation. He earned it, and people who want to "let it go" just don't understand.

He turned the ball over on UT's last three possessions. It's never on one guy's shoulders in football, but Bray totally choked.

Bray had some terrible coaching. A lot of talk is made of "2nd most prolific offense" but an Andy Holt flag football superjock could have engineered 30+ ppg with that offensive talent. While most were slurping Chaney - his offense never picked up a big first down when it mattered, never picked up a tough yard with the game on the line, never had a real identity. And the entire offense is in the NFL now. Chaney also never pulled Bray up by the short and curlies and coached him up.

Reactions: 1 person
Saw this somewhere and it may explain:
"Better to be a pack of jackasses lead by a lion, than, a pack of lions lead by a jackass"

It explains everything! Dooley is a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can win just because his dad was a coach when in fact even his dad didn't do all that much at GA. VD (ha) got lucky and was the benefactor of Herschel Walker, without which he would have been fired probably and certainly would not have won a NC. Hence, Dooley, sorry, I can't remember his first name, was arrogant, hateful, and aloof. An idiot in my opinion! good riddens!

VN Store

Back