How does the return of Von Pearson change your perception of Team 119?

did you at least see the game against vandy and mo, last year? I was there, and except for a great punt return in Nashville the season would have ended very, very badly. pump the brakes junior. homework is waiting.

That was team 118...this is team 119. TN is going to be much better offensively and defensively with 2 or 3 freshmen making and immediate impact.

Reactions: 1 person
unless an NFL team picks him up in the next couple days (after all, the preseason is almost here), we'll be in the playoff

we can't lose to Arkansas

at all

I can't have her holding this over my head for 6 years

I'd rather beat UGA than Arkansas and it was a split between the two. Could possibly lose both or could win both. I just think they present us with a matchup nightmare on defense (ours). They just wear you out running the ball

My thought is CBJ needs to keep his foot firmly up VPs arse the rest of the way... Regardless of what happened or didn't, NO WAY should he have been out at 2:00 am during the biggest spring practice of his life.. CBJ had called him out for poor play days prior.. Give my All means ALL THE TIME!! Too much money and potential..GBO!!

I gotta agree with this. There's too much on the line for him to risk putting himself in situations where he could be open to accusations like that. That's not to say that he should take a vow of celibacy or whatever, but he should definitely be more circumspect in the future.

I'd rather beat UGA than Arkansas and it was a split between the two. Could possibly lose both or could win both. I just think they present us with a matchup nightmare on defense (ours). They just wear you out running the ball

gf just graduated from Arky...if there's one team I need to beat, it's them

I do think him coming back puts us on a more likely path to 9-3 vs. 8-4.

Before I was thinking probably 8-5, if we botch one, 7-5. But now, I think 8-4 is baseline.

7-5 equals unacceptable. Why is it poor old beat down Ole Miss goes from bottom feeders in 2011 to top 3 ranking in Freezes 3rd year,but Tennessee can't expect the same?

did you at least see the game against vandy and mo, last year? I was there, and except for a great punt return in Nashville the season would have ended very, very badly. pump the brakes junior. homework is waiting.

vettefool - we didn't have Croom, Malone, North,Smith and Hurd in the Vandy game. This year we have all of them back plus have gained Kamara, Mckenzie, Tuttle, Martin, Jennings and some other players who will contribute. There is no reason to pump the brakes because this is a different team from last year. The team knows it. In a couple of their practice interviews I have seen them smiling saying "we are good" and cant wait for the season. They have gained playmakers and confidence and are ready to break out of the Dooley/Kiffin funk.

It's fair to assume we will upset someone and get upset by someone...we have suggested beating Mizzou the last 3 years, yet we have not...fair assumption at this point.

vettefool - we didn't have Croom, Malone, North,Smith and Hurd in the Vandy game. This year we have all of them back plus have gained Kamara, Mckenzie, Tuttle, Martin, Jennings and some other players who will contribute. There is no reason to pump the brakes because this is a different team from last year. The team knows it. In a couple of their practice interviews I have seen them smiling saying "we are good" and cant wait for the season. They have gained playmakers and confidence and are ready to break out of the Dooley/Kiffin funk.

Crap, this is bad news if they are already patting themselves on the back for how good they are. Overconfidence is a killer.

10-2 with losses to Alabama and Arkansas or 9-3 with losses to Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. Really hope we beat Oklahoma though..I think that will set the tone for the season and people we start to take notice

I see VP as a great insurance policy. I don't see him getting a ton of touches in this offense and with the playmakers we have but he allows for some excitement the few times the ball will be in his hands.

Crap, this is bad news if they are already patting themselves on the back for how good they are. Overconfidence is a killer.

I didn't see your blue font. It is not bad but a good thing. This team is getting ready to show what they can do and prove to the SEC and our own Negavols they are back. Not scared and Confident because they have the pieces to win. We all agree OL and a MLB need to step up and if they do this can be a special team.

I'm thinking this could be a super offensive team. The group of North, Malone, Howard, Pearson, J.Smith, and Croom plus the super freshmen really look like a group that will be difficult for any secondary to stop. Runningback looks great as well and QB is the best in years. I expect us to average 40 a game.
Games that will make or break the team are Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, and Missouri. If we win four of these we'll be in the SEC Championship game. Three might get us there. I feel confident in 7 wins think we could win 10.

7-5 or 8-4. O Line will be our Achilles heel. Even with Jackson healthy they're just not very good.

Heard Doug Mathews say this morning that he believes our OL will be greatly improved this year. tifwiw, OCI, MIA, POW, BFF, GOP, AFLCIO

VN Store

Back