How much stock do you put in Pruitt saying

Pruitt is still waffling on Bailey, making it sound like JG is still the starter but Bailey will play "some".

I don't think I can watch another game with JG as QB. Even if Shrout and / or Maurer are not that great, I'd rather watch them play than see another game with JG. But for the love of God, just play Bailey!

😆

HB will start only if JG is the QB affected by Covid... if JG is available, pruitt will still roll with ol' faithful (ol' faithful in blue font of course)
Not true CJP was going to start HB vs Vandy before it got postponed. HB is ready and they're moving on.

There was a time when rivalry football meant something. See bama and auburn, no matter the ranking of either school, it is USUALLY a decent game. There was a time when no matter the rankings, Tennessee bama and Tennessee Florida was the same. Any given Saturday.

Sad to see those days are long gone.
Florida is likely to leave a sympathy card on our locker door this year.

HB will start only if JG is the QB affected by Covid... if JG is available, pruitt will still roll with ol' faithful (ol' faithful in blue font of course)
Not true CJP was going to start HB vs Vandy before it got postponed. HB is ready and they're moving on.

We’re not gonna win either way. I’d just be happy knowing that UT football won’t be boring to me anymore. I’ve never had a sinking feeling like I do with JG.
I have. I felt exactly the same way during the Auburn game in 2008. Auburn couldn't get anything going for the entire second half, and we went into the 4th quarter needing just a field goal to win it. This was before Kiffin and Chaney resurrected Crompton the next year. Crompton's line against Auburn that day was 8/23 for 67 yards.

That whole fourth quarter was just this feeling of, you know, we need to go get just a handful of yards and kick a field goal and win the game, and everyone knows it's not going to happen. Our last four drives of that game started at the Auburn 38, our 42, the Auburn 46 and our 46 - and we got nada: four 3-and-outs.

Your saying JG is the likely starter and he has taken a single rep this week and none with the first team last week?
Which is exactly what happened against Auburn, after his boo-boo against Arky.

Harrison Bailey will definitely play on Saturday. He said this today during the SEC conference call. If Bailey is the starter, do we beat Florida?

better chance the tooth fairy leaves a $20 bill under your pillow tonight

Anyone who thinks Bailey playing gives us a chance against Florida needs a drug test

Reactions: patrick
Where were all you Pruitt haters after the first 2 games? He has made mistakes, we all do. I don't understand why he hasn't sat JG like he did last year. I don't understand why he is so reluctant to play Bailey in a year where Bailey gets a free pass as far as eligibility. I just hope Bailey gets plenty of playing time. Believe me, I am as sick as anyone is about our record this year. I keep telling myself we are playing an all SEC schedule and we have lost a couple of games we should have won and won big. I am not blind and can plainly see we look more like an SEC team than we did when Pruitt got here. Will he be here a long time? I don't think so. But, I don't see him being fired at the end of this crazy season. He at least gets next year. JMHO

Where were all you Pruitt haters after the first 2 games? He has made mistakes, we all do. I don't understand why he hasn't sat JG like he did last year. I don't understand why he is so reluctant to play Bailey in a year where Bailey gets a free pass as far as eligibility. I just hope Bailey gets plenty of playing time. Believe me, I am as sick as anyone is about our record this year. I keep telling myself we are playing an all SEC schedule and we have lost a couple of games we should have won and won big. I am not blind and can plainly see we look more like an SEC team than we did when Pruitt got here. Will he be here a long time? I don't think so. But, I don't see him being fired at the end of this crazy season. He at least gets next year. JMHO

Right here saying he lucked out against SCjr, did pretty good against Mizzu and figured we had 2-3 wins left on the schedule.

If Guarantano comes out for the 1st snap they Pruitt has just signed his own pink slip because if Bailey does not start then he was not prepared in the two weeks off thus he was set up to fail.

HB playing, and playing well, seems like Pruitt's last chance to have a decent recruiting class, which will say a lot about whether he can stick around much longer.

HB playing, and playing well, seems like Pruitt's last chance to have a decent recruiting class, which will say a lot about whether he can stick around much longer.

Couple more high profile defections and this class will go down the tubes.

I spoke too early a week or so ago on here when I told another poster I didn't think we would drop out of the top 20.

He didn't really say anything but a comment for the fan base. No commitment to do anything but play HB for a series or even 1 play. Very poor coach speak on his part.
It could mean that he's going to play the entire game and it was just a soundbite for the Florida coaches.

VN Store

Back