Hubbs this Morning

Butch Jones' mission in life is to torment the folks on Vol Nation...he's going to very slowly and deliberately hire the wrong guy just to put a dagger in the heart of those fans who "really get it."

Reactions: 1 person
6 guaranteed losses? While I see it's likely Tennessee goes 7-5 or 8-4. That's not a good season at Tennessee. Saying S.Carolina is a guaranteed loss at home seems like someone with an agenda.

Butch has never beaten Muschamp. Not when he was coaching Florida teams with garbage offenses, or now with USCe teams that are all around garbage. Until he does, I'd color USCe as a loss, or a toss up at best.

Saying S.Carolina is a guaranteed loss at home seems like someone with an agenda.

I really don't think it would matter if they played the game in Butch's back yard and only allowed his staunchest supporters to attend hurling live grenades at the SC sidelines, SC wins.
Muschamp owns Jones.

Exactly. Jones would never have the nads to hire a great OC that may run some play Butch hasn't directed. Remember with a fairly talented team in 2016, our offense at times was bad. Late starts, No rushing attack. Poor ability to get open in the secondary when needed. Too many screen passes.

Now you take away the 2 best RBs, the QB, and the best WR from 2016 and you think the "in house" team will cover all that with younger players? Really?

5-7 season is fast approaching folks. That was Dooley's level in the time he was here.

2016 was record setting offense but don't let that deter you

LOL you got me man. I made a typo so there it is LOL.

The wager is there if you want. If YOU'RE a person of YOUR word then we will only suffer you through the first game.

The wager is silly. You or I could just as easily make another account and post away.

True but I doubt it's next season.

South Carolina will almost certainly be better next year than this year. I know Butch is 0-4 lifetime against Muschamp. However saying that is a guaranteed loss in Neyland is a bit more negative than even I'm willing to go. They still aren't near as talented as Tennessee will be next year.

I still say there are 5 eminently lose-able games on the schedule, with up to 4 of them even being likely losses (Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU).

If Butch loses to Georgia Tech next year, the entire season could unravel even before it gets started. That game reminds me a lot of the NC State game in Dooley's final year (also a Chick-fil-A Kickoff game). Dooley won that game, but still couldn't use it as a springboard to bigger things that year.

Reactions: 2 people
Brent Hubbs has been on the radio all the way to work this morning he says the following:

1) Helfrich is not a very realistic option at this point.

2) Larry Scott is the leading candidate in house.

3) The downside to "in house" is that the Vols lost Nick Sheridan the de facto QB coach and needs a QB coach. Can they hire both an OC and a QB coach or do they need it as a package. If they want one guy, Scott is not it.

4) Rock Gullickson from the NFL/Rams will be hired this week as SC coach. Good hire.

I thought he said lLarry Gatlin

Agreed. The other issue I have with the job he did was is we got worse all over the field, at virtually every position in terms of fundamentals and sound scheme. We tackled poorly, we communicated poorly, were constantly out of position, and he continued to force our corners into playing man coverage all year long when they showed very early they simply couldn't do it.

If you could narrow down our defensive woes to just the injuries, I wouldn't be so pessimistic about Shoop, but you just can't honestly do that. The injuries were a factor, a hindrance, but they were far from the primary reason why he oversaw an historically bad defense this year imo, and they surely weren't the reason for losses to both SCar and Vandy.

It was almost all because of injuries. It's a new system. Paul Bain is playing for example. There have been times this year that we have shut down teams. Nobody can honestly say we've played terrible the whole year.

I say that and I'll take **** for it. That's ok. I'm going to be around for these guys who are saying crazy **** and making some people actually believe what they're saying is true.

South Carolina will almost certainly be better next year than this year. I know Butch is 0-4 lifetime against Muschamp. However saying that is a guaranteed loss in Neyland is a bit more negative than even I'm willing to go. They still aren't near as talented as Tennessee will be next year.

I still say there are 5 eminently lose-able games on the schedule, with up to 4 of them even being likely losses (Georgia, Florida, Alabama, LSU).

If Butch loses to Georgia Tech next year, the entire season could unravel even before it gets started. That game reminds me a lot of the NC State game in Dooley's final year (also a Chick-fil-A Kickoff game). Dooley won that game, but still couldn't use it as a springboard to bigger things that year.

Tennessee has had equal or more talent than any Muschamp team and still found a way to lose.

It's a loss for me

No, you get called out and when you have nothing left to stand on you criticize and name call. Nice try though
56002732.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
We are 4-4 in conference play for 2016, down from 5-3 in 2015. $4 million dollars this year to be .500 in conference play, but any criticism is completely unwarranted, and we should just trust that Butch knows what he is doing?

This OC hire is Butch's all in moment, he won't make it out of 2017 if he makes the wrong hire whether it is internal or external, and there aren't enough white knights int he world to save him if he gets it wrong.

VN Store

Back