I’m Confident Against Vandy

I’ve heard through a reputable source (player parent) that the locker room dust up regarding the “T” happened, but beyond that everyone is tight lipped…..as one might expect. Sounds like things are in a resolution stage, but definitely had an effect at USCe. I believe we’ll see an improved performance tomorrow, but that stuff just doesn’t disappear.
If true it is just a bunch of middle school drama ****. Geez so much on the line and just throw it away over ********.

My goodness! Why are you hung up on this? It’s not really the point of my post.

I asked like that bc we have a friendly relationship and I’m not a reporter interviewing him for the 11 o’clock news.
Why didn't you just ask Dobbs to put on the uniform and pretend he is hooker for the whole game?

Why didn't you ask Dobbs to give you the game plan so we could digest it here before the game and as fans through our fandom and yelling at the tv/field will the team to victory??

Reactions: RavinDave
I’ve heard through a reputable source (player parent) that the locker room dust up regarding the “T” happened, but beyond that everyone is tight lipped…..as one might expect. Sounds like things are in a resolution stage, but definitely had an effect at USCe. I believe we’ll see an improved performance tomorrow, but that stuff just doesn’t disappear.
Yep. From what I've "heard" some members of the football team were practicing to be union members.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
We have to come out motivated because you can be assured Vandy will. This is their Super Bowl same as SC viewed us. We are going to get everyone's best shot from now on and in Vandy's case they need this to be bowl eligible..

Unless there are 5-7 teams invited, this is Vandy's bowl game.

We have home field advantage, so we should be fine.

The troops have rallied around Joe Milton.

Vandy pass defense is as bad as Tennessee's. So if we average 350 yards passing to an average team, then against Vandy it should get much higher.

Vandy run defense is 50 yards a game worse than Tennessee's. We should be able to knock off 150-200 on the ground.

Put a spy on Mike Wright to contain his scrambles and turn Jeremy Banks loose!

Let the Blue Tick Hounds hunt!

Reactions: Kdbnab1
George = da Man! Drown vandie on Saturday!

The fog was gone the seventh day and the Vols saw the morning sun
Not even an hour away from homeland the Vandymark made its run
The Admiral Heupel of the Vols fleet said turn those bows around
We found that Commodore battleship and we're gonna cut her down

We found the Commodore battleship 'twas makin' such a fuss
We had to sink the Vandymark cause Nols fans depend on us
We hit the deck a runnin' and we and spun those guns around
Yeah we found the mighty Vandymark and then we cut her down
We have to sink the Vandymark the terror of the sea
W have to sink the Vandymark to the bottom of the sea
Or the Tennessee River, rather.

Reactions: VOL 4 Life 83
Worried about beating Vanderbilt...? Right. Tell me more. I just hope we can win big enough to get that Sugar Bowl..

Vanderbilt is terrible generally. They do have some strong points like generating turnovers. They are playing for a bowl, beating Tennessee makes any season a success for them, and they are on two win streak against SEC opponents they were not favored to win again.

I have no idea how the team handled this week, so a little nervousness is justified in my opinion. Our guys should win this. They probably will win this. They absolutely can lose though if they do not show up with the right effort.

Now I hope the team is confident, and that they believe they will go in and dominate, not because it’s only Vandy but because they spent the week preparing and believe in that work.

Sad that any of us has to ponder whether we are confident in a win over Vandy, or not.

I’ll watch. Though my level of excitement is near flat lined.

It is a little sad. When Kiffin was like Tennessee doesn’t lose to Vanderbilt and it was true for like over 20 years and you believed we would not for another 20 that was a better feeling haha.

Why didn't you just ask Dobbs to put on the uniform and pretend he is hooker for the whole game?

Why didn't you ask Dobbs to give you the game plan so we could digest it here before the game and as fans through our fandom and yelling at the tv/field will the team to victory??
Next time!

Reactions: FLVOL_79
As hard as it is to swallow, we’re fans and see it all a different way. Most of them just don’t. They aren’t fans, so it’s just not as big of a deal to them.
If winning out and having a shot at a natty doesn’t mean anything to them, then we have to cut that cancer out of the culture.

I’ve mentally moved on to basketball season. Last weeks game and the winning of the holiday tournament flipped the switch for me. All the really good stuff about this football season was a blast and very memorable, but is in the rear view mirror. Plus I have no confidence in the D or the Hooker replacement(s). So I’m expecting two more Ls.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I get the feeling that they'll be one pissed off group ready to take it out on Vandy.
Yeah, I'm not harping on it, or at least that's not my intention. But they were supposed to be pissed off and ready for blood because of some loud mouth twit on Twitter and because SC didn't recruit Hyatt. Playoffs on the line and....well all of it.

My point is, I don't trust anybody's "feeling". Especially my own.

VN Store

Back