I’m Confident Against Vandy

I feel like Milton is either about to go nuts and look like a future #1 overall pick or we’re going lose 🥴

In other words, I don’t know what about to go down

Reactions: EZE
I expect the Volunteers to have a great rebound game after that bush league performance vs the unranked Gamecocks.

Reactions: feathersax
After the last game, I don’t know what is going to happen. Definitely not confident. If an argument about stepping on an emblem THAT IS ON THE FLOOR causes the defense to completely lay down for an inferior opponent and cost the team to miss out on a chance to make the CFP and potentially play for a NC, CJH has a long way to go on cycling through these immature players on his team.

Any indication you laid down, you sit the rest of the season and are encouraged to transfer in the off season, IMO.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I am with the others who have identified the two huge question marks for this game:

1. Milton. Has he improved as it seems? Or is it going to be more of the same from last season? As another pointed out, there is a massive difference from playing loose in mop up duty to starting when the game is tied and hangs in the balance. I have no idea what to expect. But, I am certain he will not be on the same level as HH.

2. Defense. We have to at lease make a reasonable showing. Because of #1, above, I don’t think giving up over 30 points would be a recipe for success. Are we going to look like a real defense? Or just let Vandy march through and over us to continue the SC carnage? My head says the defense has to play better, but who knows until they line them up?

Common sense says we should win this game. But, Cinderella’s slippers were smashed last week. And I am far from confident.

Boys - I’ve admitted on here a few times that I am a life long Vol fan (since I was 5 and I’m 66 now) but I’m a Vandy grad.
I absolutely detest that “Anchor Down” thing they do for football and the “Vandy Boys” baseball thing. I’ve no idea who could have thought these were a good idea.

Stop with the BS. If SC played their backup QB they would have lost badly.

Absoutley not true. Did you actually go to the game? Players were wide open everywhere. The Vols D looked heavy footed and were dominated in the trenches by South Carolina. And thats not a credit to USCe. Vols looked putrid. Every QB has a career day against our defense and this game was a prime example with the D looking worse than normal. We stopped them once all game. Thats it. Rattler isn't that good. He didn't even play that good of a game. He simply either threw to wide open players or threw to out patterns over and over again.

Yeah, well...I'm anything other than "confident". After watching the UT defense get folded, spindled, and mutilated against USCe, I trust them about as much as I have a fart since I turned 50. Seriously, that game was on the level of the infamous "Jackson Massacre". Yes, that bad.

Add to that, Joe Milton makes his 2nd debut as the starting QB. He's looked good so far this year, but this ain't cleanup duty anymore. Now he's playing for keeps. Every play counts.

Confident? Far from it. This should have been, and should be a game where we rested our starters in the 2nd half, and hoped the CFP Committee rewarded us for an 11-1 record with a CFP bid. Whether we ready for it or not, we would have earned it. We were...literally...that close.

And then came the USCe game. We didn't crap the bed, we crapped all over the bedroom. We didn't fall short, we fell off a cliff. And in the process, we lost our Heisman-worthy QB, a chance to play for a Natty, 10 games worth of momentum, and oh...got buggered on national TV by a mid-pack SEC team.

Confident? Hardly. Our defense sucks. Team chemistry, which is huge, is a huge question mark right now. There's no taking away from what a phenomenal job CJH and his staff has done with this team in Year 2, but there is a readily apparent, consistent, and glaring weakness on this team right now, and it's pronounced "defense". When you add in the obvious questions about the fallout from the Jeremy Banks drama, then confidence is the last thing I'm feeling right now.

I want UT to win. I hope they win. They should win, and convincingly. But from this point forward, and until and unless UT improves significantly on defense, however that ends up getting done, then I'll look at this team...especially on the road at night...the same way I look at those over 50 farts...

...simply cannot be trusted.

Go Vols.

We’ll said.

Boys - I’ve admitted on here a few times that I am a life long Vol fan (since I was 5 and I’m 66 now) but I’m a Vandy grad.
I absolutely detest that “Anchor Down” thing they do for football and the “Vandy Boys” baseball thing. I’ve no idea who could have thought these were a good idea.
So what's your opinion about the "farting foghorn"? :cool:

Yeah, well...I'm anything other than "confident". After watching the UT defense get folded, spindled, and mutilated against USCe, I trust them about as much as I have a fart since I turned 50. Seriously, that game was on the level of the infamous "Jackson Massacre". Yes, that bad.

Add to that, Joe Milton makes his 2nd debut as the starting QB. He's looked good so far this year, but this ain't cleanup duty anymore. Now he's playing for keeps. Every play counts.

Confident? Far from it. This should have been, and should be a game where we rested our starters in the 2nd half, and hoped the CFP Committee rewarded us for an 11-1 record with a CFP bid. Whether we ready for it or not, we would have earned it. We were...literally...that close.

And then came the USCe game. We didn't crap the bed, we crapped all over the bedroom. We didn't fall short, we fell off a cliff. And in the process, we lost our Heisman-worthy QB, a chance to play for a Natty, 10 games worth of momentum, and oh...got buggered on national TV by a mid-pack SEC team.

Confident? Hardly. Our defense sucks. Team chemistry, which is huge, is a huge question mark right now. There's no taking away from what a phenomenal job CJH and his staff has done with this team in Year 2, but there is a readily apparent, consistent, and glaring weakness on this team right now, and it's pronounced "defense". When you add in the obvious questions about the fallout from the Jeremy Banks drama, then confidence is the last thing I'm feeling right now.

I want UT to win. I hope they win. They should win, and convincingly. But from this point forward, and until and unless UT improves significantly on defense, however that ends up getting done, then I'll look at this team...especially on the road at night...the same way I look at those over 50 farts...

...simply cannot be trusted.

Go Vols.

So....what you are saying is Vols by fiddy?

VN Store

Back