I got thrown out!

Welcome to Neyland, you are a decade late for decent football and two decades late for championship football.

I used to fight the battle of fans leaving early. I gave some Tn fans hell for leaving a Tn vs. Alabama game in Neyland back in DD days.

Now, I get it. The powers at be for Tennessee should have sense of urgency to fix this mess. How many more losing seasons until we don't have fans?

BTW, recruits don't don't care about fans, the university and advertisers do care about fans.

What needs fixin? 100,000 fans at $125-200 a pop. Do the math. When Neyland turns into a ghost town and the admin sees those bucks flying away then it may get fixed but I wouldn't bet on that.

Last edited:
What needs fixin? 100,000 fans at $125-200 a pop. Do the math. When Neyland turns into a ghost town and the admin sees those bucks flying away then it may get fixed but I wouldn't bet on that.

I haven’t studied the economics of this but suspect the haul the university gets from conference TV revenue greatly exceeds game day revenues. Now, local businesses will definitely feel the effects of low game atrendance. The University probably not so much.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Congratulations on pissing your money away. That's your decision. Win or lose, I was disgusted the way our fans acted tonight. This was my 1st ever trip to Neyland. I was more disappointed in a lot of the "fans" than I was of the game. When recruits see fans leaving in mass exodus during a game, what kind of message does that send to them?

Well I’ve been going every year and every game and I’m tired of sitting and watching and spending so much on such a piss poor football team. I hate that this game was your first game at Neyland. Terrible game to come to. But quit acting “disgusted” because you haven’t been there, paying every week in and out, sitting in the heat, the rain, the cold year in and out, yelling your lungs out, to only to be rewarded with terrible football and zero fun. I don’t blame fans for feeling frustrated after we turned the ball over 6 times in game and leaving early.

I have better things to do with my day than spending that much money to stick around to watch us get creamed. That was the first game I left early. I’ve already paid a ton of money to a program that has been garbage for far too long. I don’t blame the fans for leaving especially when we have supported them with our wallets for years. We don’t owe the players or program anything at this point...

Flame me if you want but at this point I don’t care what the “recruits” think about fans leaving being blown out by a bad gators team because our current players are chumps not champs. If you think the recruits notice the fans leaving over the beat down on the field then that’s just dumb. I think the 47 points looks a lot worse to recruits than fans leaving in a blow out...

What do you call this then?

Uh... his whole career is at stake here. He’s not a fan living his life vicariously through a bunch of teenagers.... coming from a family that actually does this for a living at the highest levels ...THEIR STRESS IS ACTUALLY REAL...but that’s JMO of course...

I heard the recruits left too! You never know with recruits, they could see playing time staring them in the face.

This is very true. But let's be honest for a minute, they all want championships or at least an opportunity to play for one and then the NFL. After that debacle last night and the recent history of UT, which is all these recruits are familiar with, UT is a hard sell. UT does have a first time head coach with multiple championship rings, but, how many of these recruits have really heard his name or know him? All they know is he coached with Saban, but he ain't Saban.

Uh... his whole career is at stake here. He’s not a fan living his life vicariously through a bunch of teenagers.... coming from a family that actually does this for a living at the highest levels ...THEIR STRESS IS ACTUALLY REAL...but that’s JMO of course...
If he doesnt like it he should find another career.

Congratulations on pissing your money away. That's your decision. Win or lose, I was disgusted the way our fans acted tonight. This was my 1st ever trip to Neyland. I was more disappointed in a lot of the "fans" than I was of the game. When recruits see fans leaving in mass exodus during a game, what kind of message does that send to them?
That we like to win but can't sit there and watch the product they're putting on the field??

This is very true. But let's be honest for a minute, they all want championships or at least an opportunity to play for one and then the NFL. After that debacle last night and the recent history of UT, which is all these recruits are familiar with, UT is a hard sell. UT does have a first time head coach with multiple championship rings, but, how many of these recruits have really heard his name or know him? All they know is he coached with Saban, but he ain't Saban.
No one "likes" to ride the bench, or if the did, I wouldn't want them on my team. I wouldn't want a player who didn't hate to lose either. It will play out, CJP will either get players who can compete with the AL, GA and AU or he won't. To early to tell yet. CJP is the type of coach I would have liked to play for. Maybe some of these recruits will feel the same way.

Reactions: JacketVol
You must be fairly young. I saw much worse Friday night and will see exponentially worse next week. Once saw a 92 to 6 game. Worst?? SMH This is my seventh decade of UT football. Believe me, we've been worse.
You've not seen Tennessee lose 92 to 6

If he doesnt like it he should find another career.
Who said he doesn't like it? In fact in a sick sort of way I bet he loves it...to spend that much time away from family and friends and church and life in general? yeah you gotta love it...

Who said he doesn't like it? In fact in a sick sort of way I bet he loves it...to spend that much time away from family and friends and church and life in general? yeah you gotta love it...
I replied to someone saying he.lives his life based on the performance of teenagers. Not sure if the intent was we are supposed to.feel sorry for him or what. There are plenty of jobs that require lots of time away from all thise things and dont pay near as much as he makes. What you describe could be said about lots of jobs.

I walked out the entrance, threw my water bottle against the wall, and started down the ramp. The cops ran me down and kicked me out. WTH? I didn't say anything to anybody, didn't argue with the cop. Oh well, that was the 2nd quarter and I knew it was over. Didn't miss anything but a beatdown. Worst football team I have ever seen.
Congrats?

Reactions: Behr
You've not seen Tennessee lose 92 to 6

OP said, I think, 'worst team' without qualification. 92 to 6 was a HS game where one coach who had several players who signed D1 scholarships left those guys in the whole way against a young, small team (prior to mercy rule). UT in the McDonald/ Dicky transition years and Majors start were not very good. Much longer reply than intended.

My bad I misinterpreted your original post. And your right, from what I've read in old media guides we were pretty awful back then. I suppose I'm lucky that I've only had to witness one era of Tennessee ineptitude

OP said, I think, 'worst team' without qualification. 92 to 6 was a HS game where one coach who had several players who signed D1 scholarships left those guys in the whole way against a young, small team (prior to mercy rule). UT in the McDonald/ Dicky transition years and Majors start were not very good. Much longer reply than intended.
Sorry if I sounded like an ass there initially. This last weekend has left me in a rather foul mood

Never said I was right. It was absolutely wrong. I'm just tired of spending thousands of dollars to watch the ****show that is Tennessee football right now. By the way, I was alone walking in the tunnel so no one was in any kind of danger.

We won't stand for mediocrity and players playing without heart???

Well, I think I pissed my money away long before the game even started. Fans leave when the product on the field looks like that. Not the first time, and it definitely won't be the last this season. I'm not going to try and justify my actions. I was an idiot and I got thrown out. I've seen far worse things happen in that stadium. Funny thing is I got thrown out as I was headed to the gate. Wow, really hurt my feelings.

I replied to someone saying he.lives his life based on the performance of teenagers. Not sure if the intent was we are supposed to.feel sorry for him or what. There are plenty of jobs that require lots of time away from all thise things and dont pay near as much as he makes. What you describe could be said about lots of jobs.
Ok 👌

VN Store

Back