I Have Not Seen An SEC Quarterback On This Team Yet

That's because it's been a very long time since we've had an SEC caliber AD, and the jury is still out on this one.
short of knowing what he's going to do in hiring this next coach, i do think it's safe to say this guy seems to have at least some control over what's going on, and what, and how, things will be done.

more to know obviously with this hire.

short of knowing what he's going to do in hiring this next coach, i do think it's safe to say this guy seems to have at least some control over what's going on, and what, and how, things will be done.

more to know obviously with this hire.

I hope Currie works out. I just feel the AD spot is better filled with someone who has actually run sports programs before - like a football HC, rather than an amateur trained to be an administrator by some business school.

I hope Currie works out. I just feel the AD spot is better filled with someone who has actually run sports programs before - like a football HC, rather than an amateur trained to be an administrator by some business school.

you do know what his experience is, up to this point, right?

You know how Peterman and Ferguson looked even worse, then suddenly became NFL type quarterbacks at other schools?

There's your answer, OP.[/QUOTE]

And you can't say it any better or more true than that.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not ready to completely pass judgement on our QB's just yet, but I will say I think Will McBride looked more fluid at his position than JG.

I'm not impressed with JG's footwork at all. When pressure came from his front side he would start back peddling. He did this several times and just looked awkward.

He also did float the ball badly but that could be the wind.

If Dormady hadn't seen so many dropped passes, his numbers would have looked pretty good for a first-year starter. I think he's got potential.

Knowing what we know about this team, your default starter on a week to week basis is whoever can suit up. We're close to having a walk on in there at this point

You wouldn't have thought Nathan Peterman or Riley Ferguson were SEC quarterbacks either but when they got sufficient coaching, look what they have become.

he's not 100%...no freaking way that is a healthy JG...seen him do better...of course not to mention other things like line play, Nor'easter, new coach, the whole scene was a recipe for disaster...:)

GO VOLS!

If anybody thinks Guarantano is an SEC caliber quarterback I'd like to know why. He is not quick nor elusive. He almost seems lethargic. His passing has been abysmal. I have seen no hint of any "it" factor. His play has been thoroughly disappointing.

Obviously Quinten Dormady is not elusive nor did he show any consistency in passing the ball. But now that we've had time to evaluate Guarantano it seems Dormady did a better job. Which isn't saying much.

McBride showed heart but nothing that was SEC caliber as of yet. Maybe as he grows in the system.

Statistically, if this team isn't in the top three worst offensive teams in the last 30 years I'd be shocked.

We have got to get a better quarterback.

Correction: You have not seen an SEC Caliber Quarterback Coach on this Team!

JG has an excellent arm and could be a decent QB with the right coaching. Same for McBride. I admit that a top freshmen could come in and take the job or maybe even a JC.

McBride is the only one who even remotely looks like he was a fit for this offense. No clue what Captain Buzzcut was thinking.

Think either Dormady or Guarantano would be solid in a more pro style system with some actual coaching and an O line in front of them.

Reactions: 2 people
LSU's had 83 yards. No we don't have an all American but the right coach can win with one of these guys[/QUOTE

Cmon, Murphy, LSU didn't throw cause LSU didn't have to throw. Their qb isn't very good either but Tennessee is light yrs away from being as strong on LOS as LSU is right now. And Lsu isn't playing for a sEC championship this yr either.

LSU's had 83 yards. No we don't have an all American but the right coach can win with one of these guys[/QUOTE

Cmon, Murphy, LSU didn't throw cause LSU didn't have to throw. Their qb isn't very good either but Tennessee is light yrs away from being as strong on LOS as LSU is right now. And Lsu isn't playing for a sEC championship this yr either.

All I'm saying is you can be competitive in this league without having a big time QB, LSU is an example.

The right coach can win with one of these guys.

Since when is 61.5 % with a 2/1 td int ration and 7 ypa as a freshmen against mostly SEC teams say the player is not an SEC qb? Some people need to stop posting.

You wouldn't have thought Nathan Peterman or Riley Ferguson were SEC quarterbacks either but when they got sufficient coaching, look what they have become.

Then there's this:

"Bills rookie Nathan Peterman tosses 5 INTs in first half"

Yeah they said the same thing after Ainge in 2005; Crompton in 2008...

VN Store

Back