i see 8 wins next year and that's it

so reverse psychology for next season...anti-hype train...no pressure...I like it...:)...and, as always...

GO VOLS!

Worked in '98. Peyton being gone was supposed to send us back to the wilderness.. Less hype, less cliche's, and a little bit of 'git er done.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm seeing 8-4, and losing to every team that matters. It all comes down to QB play.

I could see 8-4, but I could also see 10-2. Depends who Butch brings in to replace some of the guys on the staff that shouldn't be coaching at a SEC school. Strength coach is a huge hire as well.

9-3 would be unbelievable. 8-4 would be a very good season. 7-5 would be acceptable but a disappointment. Anything less would be a total meltdown of the VN. Injuries will again play an important role. I hope that the fan base will have more realistic expectations for next season.

As we saw this season, the depth is not quite as solid as we thought. There needs to be a lot of development this offseason. With the projected changes in the coaching staff, the spring and preseason practices will be critical. The weight room will be the most important place.

I could see 8-4, but I could also see 10-2. Depends who Butch brings in to replace some of the guys on the staff that shouldn't be coaching at a SEC school. Strength coach is a huge hire as well.

Strength Coach appears to be the most important hire at this point, IMO. And they have to survive the GT game without key injuries on the defense.

If it weren't for poor coaching decisions, Team 120 would have hit 10 wins. Winning the East was a reasonable expectation.

That's exactly why I expect us to go 6-6 at best. With all the talent we had we still won 8 games not counting the bowl. Now a lot of that talent is gone so I expect even worse.

Reactions: 2 people
To me and only for right now this has something of the smell of 1998 to it. QB inexperienced, not a lot was expected, we have talent at every position, how to succeed without Manning/Dobbs and company???? If we get someone on the defensive side of the ball to become an Al Wilson type ( Kirkland you'll be a junior is that you?), solid QB play that does not make the big mistake (which was Tee's actual talent), and a break or two (dare say can we get a QB to lay the ball on the ground for us when we really need it?), and not beat ourselves, we could make some noise.

Reactions: 5 people
No way to predict anything until NSD, coaching changes,
and spring football is over, then we can make an informed prediction. Anything else is emotion and decisions based on nothing but speculation

Reactions: 2 people
To me and only for right now this has something of the smell of 1998 to it. QB inexperienced, not a lot was expected, we have talent at every position, how to succeed without Manning/Dobbs and company???? If we get someone on the defensive side of the ball to become an Al Wilson type ( Kirkland you'll be a junior is that you?), solid QB play that does not make the big mistake (which was Tee's actual talent), and a break or two (dare say can we get a QB to lay the ball on the ground for us when we really need it?), and not beat ourselves, we could make some noise.

The group next year will have a big chip on their shoulders with many already speaking of their demise even before they have had a chance to prove themselves. I believe they will very hungry and ready to prove themselves to be more than capable of beating anyone.

Tennessee's 2017 football schedule:

September

4: Georgia Tech (Atlanta)

9: Indiana State

16: at Florida

23: UMass

30: Georgia

October

14: South Carolina

21: at Alabama

28: at Kentucky

November

4: Southern Miss

11: at Missouri

18: LSU

25: Vanderbilt Anybody else feel like they can't win the east next year besides me? Curious...

Hope I'm wrong but losses to FL, UGA, Bama, LSU; Think Kirby Smart is smarter than Butch & will have his number; Butch gets out-coached in that one and Gators same; McElwain will be ready for Butch; Bama a given; LSU's Orgeron will have the talent to beat us. Wish my predictions are wrong but I don't think so. :( Back to HOPING to win those.

VN Store

Back