I see this game going only 2 different ways

Basically these are the same 2 teams that played till a last second hail mary last year?!?

This game will probably go late into the 4th, unless one or the other goes nuts with turnovers!

JMO

Yes they are the same PLAYERS as last year. But due to new staffs, not the same teams. It looks like the most positive change as teams, has come to the UT team. We will see..

Reactions: TennesseeTaz
We could of if we wanted to. Players were sleepwalking and even the coaches decided to just run 70% of the time.
Plus, while gaining 500+ yards, we gave up 14 points due to a fumble and a dumb, inconsequential backside chop block. Then throw in 2 certain interceptions that we should’ve had which would’ve given us excellent field position and momentum. Final score didn’t remotely reflect how much we controlled, dare I say dominated that game. Final score was 24-0, could’ve easily been 45 or more to nothing.

Reactions: Behr
Plus, while gaining 500+ yards, we gave up 14 points due to a fumble and a dumb, inconsequential backside chop block. Then throw in 2 certain interceptions that we should’ve had which would’ve given us excellent field position and momentum. Final score didn’t remotely reflect how much we controlled, dare I say dominated that game. Final score was 24-0, could’ve easily been 45 or more to nothing.
should have easily been in the 40's for sure. mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

glad they got them out of their system against UTEP. no need to repeat that this week. :)

Reactions: Behr
I think it’s a close game no matter what.

Whoever gets a lead will play not to screw it up and won’t pull away.

Whoever is behind won’t go crazy and get out of character because they know the other team won’t be able to put the hammer down.

The only way, IMO, this gets ugly is one team decides to hand the game over.

Both teams are capable of that.

But, I seriously doubt Florida or Tennessee even have the mindset of pouring it on. They’ll be so damn glad to be ahead they won’t know what to do.

I kind of agree with this. Tho, I see another way it could get ugly...if either team "doesn't show up," which either team is capable of. Let's hope we show up.

I see (4) possible outcomes. (1) We lose (2) We win (3) Ends in a tie (4) a foreight

Most likely outcome is for us to lose!
Games no longer end in a tie; either a win or loss! What is a "foreight"?

Sad how these 2 programs have fallen. Its almost like one of these games where the players tell each other , you win no you win
No matter what the sleazy lurkers say, Florida's fall is much worse because of their perennial access to the state talent base. Don't be seduced by the young female Gator fan that uses her bikini picture as her avatar. They are in much more embarrassing condition than UT.

Well I think you know how football works lol.

In all seriousness, I agree. If it's a close game and JG has to drive down to win it. I would be worried because he hasn't been in that situation before and our O-line is awful sometimes.

All we can do is wait and see. Like the OP said, this is the best D we've faced.

I think WVU had a better defense than we see Sat. Pretty sure we score more than 14 pats.

It's going to be 24-10 Florida. Neither offense is great. Tennessee's Defense is better than it was, but the offense isn't. Florida's offense is better than ours, and their defense is comparable. The variable is turnovers. If Florida turns it over we are in it. If Tennessee Turns it over, it is a blow out.

He Tennessee fans...every time Florida starts the gator chomp Saturday night, let's drown them out with noise high decibel noise! Spread the word.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Franks isn't a very good QB, but in 3 games, he already has 9 touchdown passes. If we give them good field position, and don't generate consistent pressure, he will score on our secondary.

Franks isn't a very good QB, but in 3 games, he already has 9 touchdown passes. If we give them good field position, and don't generate consistent pressure, he will score on our secondary.
5 of those were against Charleston southern. He hasn’t looked good.

We have new coaches who are instilling a new attitude. If we are ahead by a score or two, I don't see Pruitt getting conservative like Jones did, he will keep the pedal down, and defense is better coached now. Still both teams have weaknesses, so it will mostly come down to which team stays with their A game and minimizes mistakes.

This is the first time in my life that I witnessed Florida losing to Kentucky so I’m interested in seeing if they mail it in if they get down or if they decide to hang around the whole game. They did have the tune up game but it wasn’t a rivalry game so we will see which Florida team shows up. Plus I think Pruitt knows this is his shot at winning the fan base so he will pull all the stops this game. Might as well anyways since we are going to get blasted by 40+ the next 3 games. Nothing to hold back in this one.

VN Store

Back