"I Won't Pick Tennessee over Florida..."

The last 11 years has zero impact on the upcoming season. Period

I have a hard time believing they don't get wound a little tighter and such. And I'm sure that is because of our history with UF.

But I do hope they have that confidence that tells them they will get it done. I don't stress or worry about playing Florida, I look forward to it.
When people have a competitive nature, they remember the losses.
The difference is it's motivation, not
concern. I bet the players would have played them again the following week of last season.
I know I wouldn't have complained.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a hard time believing they don't get wound a little tighter and such. And I'm sure that is because of our history with UF.

But I do hope they have that confidence that tells them they will get it done. I don't stress or worry about playing Florida, I look forward to it.
concern. I bet the players would have played them again the following week of last season.

I guarantee it is more of a mental block to fans than players.

Reactions: 3 people
Guess what! We can think we won't be Florida or we will, but it doesn't matter! Only the teams mindset matters!

Swain and other players are on record saying the Florida and Alabama weeks are different. He said Fulmer and the coaches acted differently and the players picked up on it, talked about it. It sure as hell looks to me like Butch has followed suit. Neither Kiffin nor Dooley should've ever beaten Florida given the state of the programs at the time (except for maybe 2012), and Jones shouldn't have beaten Florida in 2013......but we absolutely, positively should've won each of the last two games and there's no doubt in my mind that the coaches and players tightened up in the 4th quarter and found a way to lose......just like Fulmer and Majors and their teams did so many times from years gone by.

Reactions: 2 people
Swain and other players are on record saying the Florida and Alabama weeks are different. He said Fulmer and the coaches acted differently and the players picked up on it, talked about it. It sure as hell looks to me like Butch has followed suit. Neither Kiffin nor Dooley should've ever beaten Florida given the state of the programs at the time (except for maybe 2012), and Jones shouldn't have beaten Florida in 2013......but we absolutely, positively should've won each of the last two games and there's no doubt in my mind that the coaches and players tightened up in the 4th quarter and found a way to lose......just like Fulmer and Majors and their teams did so many times from years gone by.

Yeah I don't have any doubt about that. But I do have a good feeling that both the team and the staff are ready to get past that hurdle.

They've won 11 in a row and 24 of 30.....they already own us. That's why so many are so sick of it....it's difficult to handle

No, they don't own us. They have only put down a deposit. We now have a defense with depth that won't wear down in the 4th qtr. If CBJ keeps recruiting like he has fl will be the has been before Spurrier.

No, they don't own us. They have only put down a deposit. We now have a defense with depth that won't wear down in the 4th qtr. If CBJ keeps recruiting like he has fl will be the has been before Spurrier.

Do we "own" Vanderbilt?

We're 27-3 the last 30 games and 8-3 vs the Commodores the last 11.

Florida is 24-6 the last 30 games and 11-0 vs us the last 11.

Don't see much difference. Do you?

That's just the attitude we don't need. Sure,*Florida*has beaten us eleven years in a row. Sure, they're terrific athletes. They've got the best equipment that money can buy. Hell, every team they're sending over here has their own*personal masseuse, not masseur, masseuse.*But it doesn't matter.*
Do you know that every Florida competitor has an electrocardiogram, blood and urine tests every 48 hours to see if there's any change in his physical condition? Do you know that they use the most sophisticated training methods from the Soviet Union, East and West Germany, and the newest Olympic power Trinidad-Tobago? But it doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER. I tell you, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

And even, and even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far over our heads that our*noses bleed for a week to ten days. Even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field. Even if every man, woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter, because all the*really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Alabama cause they've got all the trophies! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose.*IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

:)

So sad

Do we "own" Vanderbilt?

We're 27-3 the last 30 games and 8-3 vs the Commodores the last 11.

Florida is 24-6 the last 30 games and 11-0 vs us the last 11.

Don't see much difference. Do you?

heck our record against fl pre-spurrier.

heck our record against fl pre-spurrier.

We were 3-6 vs Florida in the 9 immediate games pre-Spurrier. You have to go back to 1916-1953, the time period that covered our first 10 games vs Florida, to find the "era" when we dominated Florida like they're currently dominating us now.

Similarly, you have to go back to 1915-1926 to find a time when Vandy beat us with any consistency.

Someone needs a drug test and maybe an intervention or just an intervention but you definitely need something what I don't know. It should read when we win the Florida game and when we beat Bama no ifs allowed. Think it will happen believe it will happen know it will happen then just do a fist pump and a golf clap and say whose next and mean it.

So......... let me make sure I understand you clearly. You are saying that it "just doesn't matter?", am I understanding you right?

florida's run is over! UT is loaded and has a lot more talent than florida--they have a no name, journeyman at QB, issues on the oline, RB and wide receiver. Plus, they lost a bunch of players on D! In Knoxville, the vols win big---Butch will run it up on mcelwain to show he's the new boss in the SEC east!!

At first I thought this was comical but now I'm concerned for the well-being of OP

OP in a all seriousness, many people never shot at or were in the military, get ptsd through various vocations. That rant is indicative of issues which happens to a lot of people between Memorial Day and shortly after July, 4th. Let your family know what's going on, seek help, talk to somebody.

OP in a all seriousness, many people never shot at or were in the military, get ptsd through various vocations. That rant is indicative of issues which happens to a lot of people between Memorial Day and shortly after July, 4th. Let your family know what's going on, seek help, talk to somebody.

bombaybanner.jpg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back