If Tennesseee hires Mike Leach tomorrow... [bring him home Currie]

Haslam wold be thtilled with this hire. It would allow him to stay in place, keep his minions in place and move on as the winner in the reVOLT. I like Leach. I think he could win big here. I think he would be a home run, but if Currie and the current group of Haslam cronies and plants are allowed to make the hire, then nothing will have changed and UT will continue to be Haslam's toy.

I agree that Leach has the VN excited. Can't ignore that in 16 years of coaching no conference championship and Leach is a below average recruiter because of his personality. What is going to change if he comes to UT???? You can have an average coach and with great recruiting he can become a great coach. A great coach with below average recruiting becomes an average coach. It is all a crapshoot but IMO Leach is a terrible fit at UT

The same reason people wanted Mullen. Leach has never had the resources and/or profile of a place like Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm going to be one of the biggest Mike Leach homers you've ever seen. He's a brilliant offensive mind and with the right staff and the talent we can recruit to Tennessee, the sky is the limit.

The press conferences will be legendary. No Butch Jones coach speak out of this guy.

Currie, don't screw this up. Please.

Pirates for Life!

Make it happen.

I love Mike Leach too and would love to see him with a stable of top athletes. Those press conferences will be a lot different than what we are used to as well. Straight up, no chaser.

As long as there is turmoil in the front office between Fulmer, Currie, Davenport, and others, with rumors of those who want Currie out headed by Fulmer and others, we'll never have a coach. No coach in his right mind will accept a job with his potential bosses future up in the air. It's coming out now in the media that there is much turmoil and "camps" within the administration.

The same reason people wanted Mullen. Leach has never had the resources and/or profile of a place like Tennessee.

You might be right. Mullen was Florida's third option. Most gator fans I talk with are disappointed. I still think Leach's gimmicks will not work in the SEC.

I'm going to be one of the biggest Mike Leach homers you've ever seen. He's a brilliant offensive mind and with the right staff and the talent we can recruit to Tennessee, the sky is the limit.

The press conferences will be legendary. No Butch Jones coach speak out of this guy.

Pirates for Life!

Make it happen.

I am right there with you Freak, after Gruden he was my #1 pick. He's an offensive savant and has an IQ off the charts. Arghhhhh, hire the Pirate.

Not feeling nearly as good about Tennessee pulling this off as last night. But that’s par for the course in this search thus far.

Reactions: 1 person
If Currie came back to Knoxville without him then it’s over.

Rice and Ainge were just discussing Currie not having the authority to make the final call. That is a problem.

This is how i feel about Leach.

From SEC Mike:
Author Michael Lewis added this thought on Mike Leach's system: “God help you if he gets hold of the sort of athlete they get at Texas or Oklahoma or USC. Nobody else will stand a chance.” Texas Tech's Mad Genius - YouTube

No coach is a guarantee of success, but Leach at UT should lead to a lot of wins.

He gets great QB play from mediocre QBs throwing to limited receivers. He schemes away disadvantages on the line. He develops his players. Just imagine what he could do with great raw talent.

He’ll have a better defense just by being at UT.

The only downside is that his offense has in the past required high scholarship numbers for the skill positions which can lead to poor defense and line play. However at UT he may not need to given he’ll get top targets.

As a fellow BYU alumn and ex-Mormon, Leach will always hold a special place in my heart that is reserved for other survivors of the childhood indoctrination of provably false ideas.

Shame we screwed this up, could have been special. But at this point, I'd be able to get on board with Tee, Miles, Kiffin, Steele, Houston, Norvell, hell, just about anyone with UT connections and/or a winning record as Head Coach.

Reactions: 1 person

Pirates for Life!

Make it happen.

All I want for Christmas is THIS! :lolabove:

VN Store

Back