Indiana second tier stinking Big 10 team

It's a fine enough bowl; however I'll be shocked if we don't romp. IU isn't a very good team despite the 8-4 record.

LOL the best team they beat was a 5-7 Nebraska
The only reason Indiana beat Nebraska is Frost gave them material by complaining to the big ten about Nebraska’s multi year schedule, “Why can’t you schedule Nebraska against teams like Indiana more frequently?”

Last edited:
IU is 8-4 on the surface, which seems great, but when looking deeper at their schedule it seems all their wins came against teams that ended the year with 4 or less wins. They haven't beaten a a bowl eligible program all year.

On the other hand we beat bowl eligible teams in MISS ST, UAB, UK, and Mizzou (if they weren't suspended)

Their losses were to Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State. 3 of those teams would have beat us also. We might beat Michigan State but not by much. Indiana gave Penn State all they could handle. We should be proud that we are in this bowl game and have a matchup against a good team.

I have this feeling that many of the people complaining about playing Indiana were also the ones saying people should have turned in their Vol Card earlier this season.

Reactions: peaygolf
We deserve a lot better than that!
“Deserve?” You get what you get based on performance. A 7-5 Vols team is playing in the Gator Bowl because of fan support, not because they “deserve” it. Great finish to a difficult season, but come on.

Dude. It ain’t 1997.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The "best team" we beat was a 6-2 UAB....

Exactly. Was anybody actually impressed the last 3 weeks against UK, Mizzou and Vandy? Don’t get me wrong, I love that we won, but it’s not like we blew their doors off. We squeaked out 2 games on the road against average opponents. I think we could play every team ranked 10-40 and it could be a one possession game for good or bad.

Reactions: NCFisher
Exactly. Was anybody actually impressed the last 3 weeks against UK, Mizzou and Vandy? Don’t get me wrong, I love that we won, but it’s not like we blew their doors off. We squeaked out 2 games on the road against average opponents. I think we could play every team ranked 10-40 and it could be a one possession game for good or bad.
No

5th in SEC is better than 8th in Big Slow Ten
We are 6th in the SEC, LSU, Georgia, Bama, Florida and Auburn are all ahead of us. So 5 teams ahead of us makes us number 6 and you can have an argument that Texas A&M is better than us too.

VN Store

Back