Indiana second tier stinking Big 10 team

Why do we deserve a lot better than that? We are currently an unranked second tier SEC team. Why would a high ranking team want to play an unranked team in a bowl game? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
No, no ... we first tier. Assuming the league has two tiers.

I frequent the state of Indiana often I just know they are a basketball school well use to be. My wife from big blue country and they are the real deal along with OSU. No disrespect they are just out of their league. Just like in the movie Rudy his dad wouldn’t let Rudy’s friend even watch at half time the Purdue/Indiana snoozer.😂

Our fans still think we are the Tennessee of 1996 and give IU no respect. All posts like this do is encourage them to play better, harder and beat our tails. I’m tired of this lack of respect and arrogance I read in every post about them. A little humble pie may be good for many posters on VN.
I know. Its like our fans forget we went 5-5 against Vandy this decade and 3-27 combined against Florida, Georgia, and Bama.

We deserve a lot better than that!
We are bowlin!!!
source.gif

Reactions: tbh
We're lucky to be in a bowl at all. We got a better bowl than any of us could have possibly hoped for. Just stfu and be thankful for goodness sake.
We’re not “lucky”, the players and coaches earned this bowl berth with how the regrouped and rallied after a poor start to win 6 of their last 7 games. Took a lot of focus, effort and commitment to getting better. Nothing “lucky” about it.

We’re not “lucky”, the players and coaches earned this bowl berth with how the regrouped and rallied after a poor start to win 6 of their last 7 games. Took a lot of focus, effort and commitment to getting better. Nothing “lucky” about it.

I meant we as fans are lucky our team is in a bowl after the start we had. Nothing to do with the players.

We deserve a lot better than that!

I would agree...if we had taken care of business with Ga. State & BYU. We didn't so we get what we get. I'm quite pleased we got to a Florida New Years bowl game. If we don't show up Indiana will remind us of Ga. State in all the wrong ways lol

Indiana will stomp our guys if they are not ready to go. It’s been a good run at the end of the season, but there isn’t much room for error. The time to get healthy will help. However, JJ sitting out the first half sets us up for a potential flat start to the game. We have been prone to do that anyway without the absence of our biggest playmaker. Gotta play hungry and avoid being satisfied with the wins to end the regular season.

Reactions: I40flyer
Why do we deserve a lot better than that? We are currently an unranked second tier SEC team. Why would a high ranking team want to play an unranked team in a bowl game? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Yeah that’s not how bowls work. But anyway...beating up on Indiana will be a great way to cap this season.

So, does the OP believe we should be playing a top 25 team? If so, which one and why? I'd like to have seen a Memphis vs UT bowl. All the money would have stayed in TN, by this I mean, hotel, food, gas etc., plus it would have been a sell out.

They are second tier I wasn’t aware Tennessee had no interest in playing tonight. I can’t help that.

We had to overcome beating ourselves and IU. We're 1 point better than those two things.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back