Inexcusable.

The immoral maelstrom of this puke fest is directly related to the ineptitude of the bumbling and incompetent "Coach" Warlick. Holly is a disaster and her program has become a holocaust of failure when it matters most. Her artless bungles always emerge when the lights are brightest. I would suggest she focus less on replacing the gaskets on her Harley and more on coaching a basketball team...but alas it's much too late to think she is capable of fixing anything. Her careless squandering of the talent she inherited is a cataclysm of decay and destruction.

Tonight was a shameful display of awkward incompetence and implosion...at a level few have ever had the displeasure of viewing.

We are all worse people for having wasted the time to watch the tragedy which Ms. Warlick wrought on a once proud program.

Reactions: 3 people
The immoral maelstrom of this puke fest is directly related to the ineptitude of the bumbling and incompetent "Coach" Warlick. Holly is a disaster and her program has become a holocaust of failure when it matters most. Her artless bungles always emerge when the lights are brightest. I would suggest she focus less on replacing the gaskets on her Harley and more on coaching a basketball team...but alas it's much too late to think she is capable of fixing anything. Her careless squandering of the talent she inherited is a cataclysm of decay and destruction.

Tonight was a shameful display of awkward incompetence and implosion...at a level few have ever had the displeasure of viewing.

We are all worse people for having wasted the time to watch the tragedy which Ms. Warlick wrought on a once proud program.

The only thing that I will add to this post is: "You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." Holly is a nice person but a poor WCBB coach.

To not have elite fans at the greatest program in the sport is a travesty. Fans need to get behind the team and the negas need to go back to the football forum where they can be all they can be.

When the team was winning, negas were nowhere to be found, life was good, and pretty much every poster who is a regular here was feeling good and posting honest criticism. Then came the football forum regulars who hurl insults and whine about coaching but offer little constructive criticism or add value to this forum. This forum is slowly turning into the hot mess the football forum has become.

You negas can hurl your insults at me but know this, I am a fan, unlike you I support the team through good and tough times, and I've got the teams six.

Go ahead and support the team, so do I. If you think she is a half way decent coach, then you don't know much about basketball. The talent is there, the coaching is not. Anyone that can't see this is blind. As for the negas, we have been here all along just hoping some things have changed, but as everyone can see, it hasn't.

Reactions: 2 people
Holly needs to fix what is happening as it relates to turnovers and zone offense..... the players are responsible for the lackluster effort on defense.... Holly is the COACH.... it is her job to work her team....

If she knew how to fix the turnover problem it would have been fixed years ago. It is the hallmark of Warlick's teams because it is systemic. It doesn't matter who the players are. Players come and players go, but the turnovers are how you know UT is playing.

People seem to think that a coach who regularly turns out teams who throw the ball away is going to suddenly have a eureka moment and all will be better but they are kidding themselves. She would have to fundamentally retool how we run our offense and how we develop players. Our drills would have to change. But before any of that could be effective she would have to understand what changes to make and she doesn't. She tells you that herself whenever she is asked and they give her a huge paycheck anyway. All she knows is how to do what she has been doing because she is a caretaker, not an innovator. She will oil the hinges, and paint the rails, but the cracks in the foundation will never be fixed and there will never be anything new built.

What you will get with her are teams which never reach the potential they have based on their talent. None of her teams have ever overproduced, and there have been very few, if any upset wins. Certainly there have been far more disappointing losses of games we should not have lost.

It is hard to fail at UT. You are set up for success. Most women's programs draw a crowd that would be sparse by boy's high school standards so it isn't like there is a lot of competition. We have the budget, the resources and the fan support to be the best. But we refuse to hire the best so we get what we get. And all of these advantages will slowly erode.

This is Holly's make or break year. She has the right mix of talent and experience. If she can't produce we need to find someone who can.

Reactions: 2 people
I was at the Tennessee Lady Vols and Notre Dame Fighting Irish game last year. Notre Dame got a big lead on us and we came back in the second half just like they did us this year. Holly was the coach last year. Notre Dame has a very good team, they put a hurting on UCONN and they ask Geno at half what happen and he said I'm not sure. at 16 - 2 I'm very happy. Most fans was hoping for a 2 - 2 on this 4 game stretch. We must beat Mississippi State Sunday. Holly may not be the best coach but who is. Geno will never leave UCONN, and the other 3 or 4 want leave there school either. As of now I still support Holly Warlick.

If she knew how to fix the turnover problem it would have been fixed years ago. It is the hallmark of Warlick's teams because it is systemic. It doesn't matter who the players are. Players come and players go, but the turnovers are how you know UT is playing.

People seem to think that a coach who regularly turns out teams who throw the ball away is going to suddenly have a eureka moment and all will be better but they are kidding themselves. She would have to fundamentally retool how we run our offense and how we develop players. Our drills would have to change. But before any of that could be effective she would have to understand what changes to make and she doesn't. She tells you that herself whenever she is asked and they give her a huge paycheck anyway. All she knows is how to do what she has been doing because she is a caretaker, not an innovator. She will oil the hinges, and paint the rails, but the cracks in the foundation will never be fixed and there will never be anything new built.

What you will get with her are teams which never reach the potential they have based on their talent. None of her teams have ever overproduced, and there have been very few, if any upset wins. Certainly there have been far more disappointing losses of games we should not have lost.

It is hard to fail at UT. You are set up for success. Most women's programs draw a crowd that would be sparse by boy's high school standards so it isn't like there is a lot of competition. We have the budget, the resources and the fan support to be the best. But we refuse to hire the best so we get what we get. And all of these advantages will slowly erode.

This is Holly's make or break year. She has the right mix of talent and experience. If she can't produce we need to find someone who can.

Very well said. This is Holly's make or break year. However, as I stated in an earlier post,"You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." Holly does not have what it takes to be good coach. She is a great person but not a good coach.

I was at the Tennessee Lady Vols and Notre Dame Fighting Irish game last year. Notre Dame got a big lead on us and we came back in the second half just like they did us this year. Holly was the coach last year. Notre Dame has a very good team, they put a hurting on UCONN and they ask Geno at half what happen and he said I'm not sure. at 16 - 2 I'm very happy. Most fans was hoping for a 2 - 2 on this 4 game stretch. We must beat Mississippi State Sunday. Holly may not be the best coach but who is. Geno will never leave UCONN, and the other 3 or 4 want leave there school either. As of now I still support Holly Warlick.

I agree with most of what you said, however, UT can find a better coach than Holly.

People complain about poor coaching when the coach demonstrates a reason to complain. Pat did not win every game, but do you recall her ever coaching a game in which the score changed so drastically from Q1 to Q4? Do you recall Pat ever stating she had no answers to questions about poor play? I support the Lady Vols, but am not willing to accept poor effort, one of the worst rates of turnovers in the country, and just overall poor execution after jumping out to a big lead. Pat would not have accepted that either nor should any other coach. Just as we football forum people say, the coach is the responsible person. Poor effort and poor execution reflect poor coaching and poor leadership.

So Warlick isn't Head-Summitt? Shocking.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel sorry for the girls...They are not coached, it is apparent that Holly does not have a very high Basketball IQ. When she turned to Dean with the Deer In The Headlight Look showed she was totally lost as what to do. Her "I Don't Knows" in post game press conferences after losses is more and more telling that she is out of her league. Sorry girls you have to put up with such incompetence.

You can’t fire a coach that is 16-2 that’s just ridiculous

This program is going nowhere. The bloated records makes ZERO difference.

If you wait until the record starts to suck... they'll be no good players left on the roster to compete.

Better to be proactive than reactive.

We have ALL the evidence we need. This program deserves the BEST coach money can buy.

This post has nothing to do with Holly's coaching abilities.
I think that because we started out winning our first 15 games, a lot of Vol fans expectations reached the unreasonable level. You just can't expect a team with 3 freshman playing significant roles to play like a national champion. The team has only two losses so far and one was in ot.
Who wouldn't have signed up for that at the beginning of the season after suffering through the last two years ?
Say what you will about Holly, but expecting much more from this team is just not realistic.

PUKING AWFUL! Geno will take the LVS to the Woodshed. AWFUL!! Wasting my time; no more.

When do we play UC?? Did not know they were on the regular lineup. Surely you don't think Holly can get them to the finial four. Or maybe you think we might be in the same bracket and play them in really early round. I think that may be the time (early round) because by season end that may be where we will be playing... In early round.

When do we play UC?? Did not know they were on the regular lineup. Surely you don't think Holly can get them to the finial four. Or maybe you think we might be in the same bracket and play them in really early round. I think that may be the time (early round) because by season end that may be where we will be playing... In early round.

“Because by season end that may be where we will be playing....in early round”.................

some of you posters barely even know what the h*ll you’re talking about, just have no faith in this coaching staff!

Holly needs to fix what is happening as it relates to turnovers and zone offense..... the players are responsible for the lackluster effort on defense.... Holly is the COACH.... it is her job to work her team....

Letting the opponents dribble drive all the way to the cup is not acceptable. Does Holly not believe in trapping or double teaming?

“Because by season end that may be where we will be playing....in early round”.................

some of you posters barely even know what the h*ll you’re talking about, just have no faith in this coaching staff!

And we are suppose to because you do? OK.

Just as Dobbs kept Botch Jones from being fired years ago this talented Lady Vols team will cover for Holly.I'm so tired of watching our girls make passes Lebron James or the Harlem Globetrotters could not catch.They couldn't catch many of those passes playing no one in practice and expecting the pass.For years I have watched them try to make NBA passes and 99% of the time they fail.I got nauseous watching that loss it was inexcusable.

Holly was on CPS's staff for 38 years. Did she learn anything about adjustments during that time? Last night is proof she did not. With all her experience, if what was on display last night is the best she can do, the program is in deep trouble.

VN Store

Back