Is Tennessee a Title Contender?

Is Tennessee a contender this year?

• Total voters
We were so close last year and with what we have coming in and what we kept here, we will be better. We have turned the corner talent wise, and are getting back to a level where we can impose our will on the teams we play.

Shoop is a game changer along with JRM, CS and Kongbo. It's only paper for now but it's the same for every team just paper.

Florida has got to prove they can rebound and get back on track, Bama has got prove it on the field too. We are in the best position to make some noise.

It's gonna be a special year, we are title contenders.

Jump higher Vols.

Florida has to rebound from....... winning the East?
Bama has to prove.....what, exactly on the field?
:blink:

Reactions: 3 people
i hope you're right b/c i think aTm could have a "big" season. that team does not lack for talent. they have a few question marks, but got a huge break with Trevor Knight transferring in. i don't think they'll win the West or anything, but i could see them having a similar season that Ole Miss had last year.

bottom line, GA is not heading to Oxford to play the same Ole Miss team that blew our doors off a couple years ago. there's a lot of new faces....

I agree that aTm could have a big season. I think those question marks are what hold them back this year though. TK might be their saving grace, but I'm not convinced of it yet. He's coming into a new team and new coaches. He also has to establish a rhythm with his WR's. That is sometimes easier said than done in one off season.

Don't get me wrong. The back to back road games at GA and aTm worry me, I'm just saying I don't think aTm will be a better team than OM this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that aTm could have a big season. I think those question marks are what hold them back this year though. TK might be their saving grace, but I'm not convinced of it yet. He's coming into a new team and new coaches. He also has to establish a rhythm with his WR's. That is sometimes easier said than done in one off season.

Don't get me wrong. The back to back road games at GA and aTm worry me, I'm just saying I don't think aTm will be a better team than OM this year.
that's fair. i think both teams are kind of a wild card for the West. i think people just "expect" Ole Miss to be good b/c of how they've been the past couple of years, and Kelly coming back. and the opposite of aTm b/c of how last year ended, the transfers etc....

i hope aTm is an easier game, and i'd send my Ole Miss buddies a thank you card if they beat UGA.:thumbsup:

Florida is on a losing streak, they have to get their mind right. They fell to pieces to finish the year, made the SEC look bad.

And as for Bama, they lost a few key players to the NFL and graduation, yeah I know they are stacked but unless they win another Heisman Trophy and another Narional Championship this year there will be a drop off in accomplishments. They have yet to win a game this season just like the rest of us they have to prove it on the field. Not taking away from what they did last year, and I know it all matters but they got to do it again. If they aren't working harder than they were working last year, the results they get this year will a be a disappointment to 98% of all Bama fans.

We are bringing back our core and they know as a team we came up short. I expect them to put in the time, either the weight room or film room or on the field practicing the deep ball, they know they got to get better.

Jump higher Vols.

This is the truth Jake. Why in the world anybody thinks Florida will be worse this year, in year 2 under CJM who worked a borderline miracle last year, is far beyond me. We SHOULD beat them this year, just like we SHOULD HAVE beaten them each of the last two seasons. But this is freakin Florida we're talking about. Has no one been paying attention all these years?

Damn KB. Get off your soapbox once in a while.

Reactions: 2 people

It remains to be seen how much, if any, carryover there will be from last season, but Florida did lose its last three games by the combined score of 97-24.

We have the talent, do we have a coach that will be smart enough in games to not let his foot off the gas no matter what the score? We'll see.

We have the talent, do we have a coach that will be smart enough in games to not let his foot off the gas no matter what the score? We'll see.

Just go ahead and say it.....we need more of an a$$hole for a coach. I like Jones, I'm just waiting on him to release the rage.

It remains to be seen how much, if any, carryover there will be from last season, but Florida did lose its last three games by the combined score of 97-24.

i know, it's just being presented like they're coming off a 5-7 campaign or something.

do they have ?'s needing answers? sure. will they win 10 games again? maybe not.

but this isn't a 4-8 muschamp team coming to Knoxville thi s year. they may get better offensively just by the subtraction of the qb. they got WR's and RB's. if the O line grows up a little, then the offense could look a little like ours did last year, if not a little better in the passing game.

defensively, they lose some talent to the NFL, but they should still have a formidable front 7 with a decent backfield.

in other words, i just don't think FL is going to suck.

do i think we win? yeah. i do. i think finally we're able to put a team on the field that can close the deal. but by no means do i think it'll be a walk over. but i can hope.....:matrix:

Just go ahead and say it.....we need more of an a$$hole for a coach. I like Jones, I'm just waiting on him to release the rage.

i will probably get slaughtered for this, but that's one of the reasons i really liked Kiffin. i honestly believe had he stayed, we'd of taken over the East the last 5-6 years.

there's no doubt he was the anit fulmer. brash, swaggeriffic, and kind of a douche. but players loved the guy, and he'd of had no problem recruiting.

anyway, i like CBJ, he's done a great job. and as i sit here and think about what i've been posting on expectations etc....at some point, this year'd be good, we have to beat FL and/or Bama and put ourselves in a position to be relevant past the pre season polls, recruiting stars and uniform rankings.

it can't all happen off the field. it has to happen with wins.

i will probably get slaughtered for this, but that's one of the reasons i really liked Kiffin. i honestly believe had he stayed, we'd of taken over the East the last 5-6 years.

there's no doubt he was the anit fulmer. brash, swaggeriffic, and kind of a douche. but players loved the guy, and he'd of had no problem recruiting.

anyway, i like CBJ, he's done a great job. and as i sit here and think about what i've been posting on expectations etc....at some point, this year'd be good, we have to beat FL and/or Bama and put ourselves in a position to be relevant past the pre season polls, recruiting stars and uniform rankings.

1)Literally every year since Butch has been here we win more. 2)Kiffin could not win at USC and it's strange how people dis on Muschamp for getting fired at UF but not Kiffin for doing the exact samething.

1)Literally every year since Butch has been here we win more. I think it's funny that people act as if the winning hasn't already started. 2)Kiffin could not win at USC and it's strange how people dis on Muschamp for getting fired at UF but not Kiffin for doing the exact samething.

From barely being a division one worthy football team the second half of the season without a decent QB.

If we don't beat Florida this year, I hope that everyone finally admits that it's all mental with this game. We should be going for at least a 3 game winning streak on those clowns.

It's not mental. It's paranormal. A curse. An act of something other worldly. Haha.

the winner of the UT-Alabama game will be in the final 4---mark it down! UT should easily win the SEC east and Alabama will win the SEC west. UT will likely play them twice.

1)Literally every year since Butch has been here we win more. I think it's funny that people act as if the winning hasn't already started. 2)Kiffin could not win at USC and it's strange how people dis on Muschamp for getting fired at UF but not Kiffin for doing the exact samething.
you mis understand. i do think CBJ is doing a very good job. and i'm definitely happy with the direction of the program, off and on the field.

i think the difference between Kiffin and Muschamp is Kiffin has gone on to look like one of the best offensive coaches in the country and winning national titles and going to the playoffs, while Muschamp was flailing around in Gainesville.

Kiffin is in the midst of his redemption (i hate to say), and muschamp is getting a shot at it at USCe.

From barely being a division one worthy football team the second half of the season without a decent QB.

you could say they've done that basically with "addition by subtraction".

i think FL improves a lot offensively this coming season.

VN Store

Back