Is Tennessee a Title Contender?

Is Tennessee a contender this year?

• Total voters
Without significant injuries, the Vols should indeed be in the mix for the SEC East, or at least this is what my gut tells me......I do hope I'm correct, VN sure need's a champion clad in Orange and White.....it's been far too long, No?

Can't really disagree with anything you wrote. I just recall the final score in spite of all that. You can go back to 2014 and say that we should've won that game handily as well IMO, yet I recall that final score as well. We ought to beat Florida this year, no doubt about it........however, those are damn near annual famous last words with respect to our series with Florida. And to all of a sudden not include them amongst the most important games we gotta win this year just makes no sense to me.

I get that. I remember alllllll the losses too. I agree that it is an important game. They are the defending east champions. I guess they just don't scare me this year. I believe we will handle them with relative ease. Maybe I'm naive, but I haven't felt that way about UF in over a decade, mainly because they've had better teams/talent.

To me, UGA, Bama, and A&M are gonna prove to be our biggest hurdles this year, with UGA being the most important. Win against UGA and one of the other two and we are headed to Atlanta.

This is why you have to love college football. Week 3 and the preseason contenders are scrambled or proven to be pretenders.

"Contenders" that have probably already blown it.

Preseason Chance to go Undefeated - Current Chance - Chance to Win Out

1) Oklahoma 21.5% - 0% - 5.7%
2) FSU 12.06% - 0% - 6.5%
4) LSU 8.47% - 0% - 0.6%
8) Oklahoma State 2.01% - 0% - 2.5%
11) UCLA 1.4% - 0% - 2.1%
13) USC 1.10% - 0% - 0.2%

Some of these teams are still alive, technically, but none are in control.

"Contenders" that are treading water.

3) Clemson 9.7% - 5.1% - 5.1%
5) Tennessee 8.05% - 1.2% - 1.2%
10) Georgia 1.46% - 0.1% - 0.1%
12) Nebraska 1.19% - 0.2% - 0.2%

All these teams are undefeated, but looked bad doing it.

"Contenders" who have actually improved their odds.

6) Michigan 8.04% - 9.0% - 9.0%
7) Washington 2.7% - 4.5% - 4.5%
9) Alabama 1.63% - 13.8% -13.8%
14) Louisville 1.04% - 26.5% - 26.5%

Bama and Louisville obviously appear ahead of everyone else.

Surprise "Contenders" - Still Unbeaten Teams not On the Preseason Playoff Radar with a Sizable Chance to Win Out

Houston - Under 1 - 2.8% - 2.8%
Texas A&M - Under 1 - 2.6% - 2.6%

Two talented teams from Texas. Of course A&M was going to put it together the year we play them.

VN Store

Back