Jalen Hurd 'come at me' GIF

I love Hurd & believe me, if asked today, I'm sure he would agree that fumble was huge.

As far as my sunshine level, I'm pissed. I'm tired of losing and trying to find the silver lining or searching for sweet gifs to giggle over each week.

But I get it. I'm a Negavol that should go root for someone else, etc.

Everyone would agree the fumble was huge. It might have been the difference in the game; as it turned out. But my statement still holds true. Asking for the video was trolling.

We're all pissed. I don't blame you for being tired of losing. We all are. But bashing Jalen Hurd after what he's contributed as a true freshman who's had little help from his offensive line is just kinda silly.

Reactions: 54 people
Now I know why Tee Martin has packed on the pounds recently, he's been eating his words after calling Hurd soft

Reactions: 19 people
Qb has to place the ball in hurds gut before he has control of the ball, that funblr is on peterman

Worley was under center/provided the handoff on that play...Hurd took full responsibility for the fumble (watch his post-game video)

Which...should have been a sneak forward behind "Baby Face" Crowder...IMHO.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone have one of the fumble in the endzone?

Actually if you watch the replay, the ball slips from Worley's hand before he's able to secure it in the pocket formed by Jalen's arms. Unfortunate play but not 100% on Jalen although he stepped up after the game and took 100% blame for it, which speaks volumes for him.

Reactions: 11 people
Actually if you watch the replay, the ball slips from Worley's hand before he's able to secure it in the pocket formed by Jalen's arms. Unfortunate play but not 100% on Jalen although he stepped up after the game and took 100% blame for it, which speaks volumes for him.

It certainly does. I loved his reaction afterwards, anger. We need more of that imo. He is showing real talent, real soon, and behind a difficult Oline situation. He's going to be a sight to watch.

Reactions: 3 people
Did aj holster pistols after his big hit on gurley? If so does anybody have video?

Yes he did, but I don't think it was shown well on TV. What I saw was a head and shoulders shot of AJ after the tackle and you could tell he holstered pistols. Didn't see another angle that I can remember.

I love Hurd & believe me, if asked today, I'm sure he would agree that fumble was huge.

As far as my sunshine level, I'm pissed. I'm tired of losing and trying to find the silver lining or searching for sweet gifs to giggle over each week.

Look his post game interview video up. He is asked about what happened on the play and the way he responded made me like him even more. He's very mature already. He said something like "that fumble was 100% my fault and it will not happen again."

Edit: thanks jimmy lol... I should read threads all the way before posting.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley was under center/provided the handoff on that play...Hurd took full responsibility for the fumble (watch his post-game video)

I didn't understand putting Jalen in a I formation, deep in his own end zone when he's only really used to taking a zone-read handoff. Bad call all around imo.

Yes. Offensive for sure.

This is kinda off topic and I apologize.. but somethin I wish could be done that I think would be neat is to have a camera angle from behind the qb kinda like seein from the qbs eyes.. I'm just curious if during petermens time on the field if there was absolutely no one open or if we ran some quick stuff and he just held on to long or what I just believe it would be interesting... I also have came to the conclusion that I'm pretty sure 95 percent of the time petermen was in they sent the house.. just to many blitzers to block to force him to make the quick read.. with Worley back in the game I know they blitzed but not as much at the end because they figured out he would shred them and he did anyway but that was just a thought that I wanted to get out... I really apologize for the long off topic post... Go Vols!

Did your body ache after the game. your ankles and knees wrapped and the muscles cramped? Did you sweat from the efforts you put forth in the game, bleed from the impacts to your body?

You lost nothing, you participated not, you are merely a spectator. "I am tires of losing" reflects your life story, not the game on Saturday.

That ribbon you refer to might also apply to those that want glory from the efforts of others without effort from themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 33 people
Did your body ache after the game. your ankles and knees wrapped and the muscles cramped? Did you sweat from the efforts you put forth in the game, bleed from the impacts to your body?

You lost nothing, you participated not, you are merely a spectator. "I am tires of losing" reflects your life story, not the game on Saturday.

That ribbon you refer to might also apply to those that want glory from the efforts of others without effort from themselves.

........Church.

Reactions: 3 people

I still choose to blame Peterman.

Anyone have one of the fumble in the endzone?
Cmon man! That was a cheap shot below the belt. Hurd outrushed Gurley well into the 4th quarter, the kid laid it on the line. He is a true freshman and will make a big mistake from time to time, we all should understand that. but focusing on what was done wrong does no good. The fumble, sure, was bad, possibly cost us the game. But did you consider what may have cost us the game was our being unable to stop Gurley on their last possession? Were we to have kept them from a first down and gotten the ball back with about a minute on the clock, I like our chances. That Gurley sucked it up got 2 first downs when our D faltered was about will, he had it our D didn't and that disappoints me a lot more than Hurds frosh fumble.

So lame. This thinking basically renders the purpose of this board meaningless.

Cmon man! That was a cheap shot below the belt. Hurd outrushed Gurley well into the 4th quarter, the kid laid it on the line. He is a true freshman and will make a big mistake from time to time, we all should understand that. but focusing on what was done wrong does no good. The fumble, sure, was bad, possibly cost us the game. But did you consider what may have cost us the game was our being unable to stop Gurley on their last possession? Were we to have kept them from a first down and gotten the ball back with about a minute on the clock, I like our chances. That Gurley sucked it up got 2 first downs when our D faltered was about will, he had it our D didn't and that disappoints me a lot more than Hurds frosh fumble.

I'm not solely blaming Hurd for losing based on the fumble, merely pointing out in my own way that the teenage gushing over a gif is a little silly after a loss in which that fumble certainly contributed.

VN Store

Back