Jauan Jennings explains his extreme dislike of Vanderbilt

Someday the Conference or collective money programs will ask the same question.

I have wondered if Vanderbilt could be offered one of those "member of the SEC in all sports except football" type deals.

I remember watching a documentary maybe 15-20 years ago about why Vandy is still in the SEC and, it basically said they are here as a guaranteed Div I win for the other SEC teams. Their value for that is returned in the money they siphon off of the other teams.

P.S. Can you guys just imagine if we got excited to play them like Ole Miss does? They are rivals! Lol

Reactions: Kdbnab1
Someday the Conference or collective money programs will ask the same question.

I have wondered if Vanderbilt could be offered one of those "member of the SEC in all sports except football" type deals.
I read somewhere that Having a private school in the conference protects the conference as a whole from certain Freedom of Information requests or something on those lines.

I read somewhere that Having a private school in the conference protects the conference as a whole from certain Freedom of Information requests or something on those lines.

Vandy did for quite a while there basically keep the SEC in business from an academic standpoint.

Most of the member schools have greatly increased their academic rankings in the last 25 years or so though. Basically all Vandy is at this point is a guaranteed win 9 out of 10 seasons.

Reactions: jonnon111
Vandy does nothing to help with revenue generation. They simply sit back and collect checks from the SEC. Disgusting.

Vandy has always been a wasted spot in the SEC
Well, not always. Most Tennessee fans have forgotten or didn't know the General Neyland was hired , specifically, to beat Vanderbilt in football. I can not hate Vanderbilt because both my parents were born in Middle Tennessee and my father attended Vandy for his first two years of Medical School. This 1917 and 1918. Most of my Uncles attended Vandy and receives great educations and became very successful careers. WWI interrupted my father's medical schooling when he joined the Army in WWI. When the war was over, he toured the United States to gain knowledge of what the rest of our Nation. Soon after that he married and had two children and went to work for Ford in Michigan. When the depression started, he moved back to Middle Tennessee and decided to enter school at Tennessee. So, I still have a soft spot in my heart for Vanderbilt as an educational institution. However, I have no love for their athletic programs and enjoy the position they hold in the current SEC athletic rankings.

"I just don't like Vanderbilt. Why are they in the SEC?"

And a lot of people feel the same way, Jauan, LOL

https://atozsports.com/nashville/former-tennessee-vols-wr-jauan-jennings-football-vanderbilt-49ers/
But in the same sentence

"I was committed to Vanderbilt," said Jennings. "I was with James (Franklin). The thing is, Vanderbilt, their players, the organization, the way they just talk, I was with all that, too. I was with all that physicality, I just felt he (Mason) wasn't rocking with me. So it was like, cool, Tennessee's way better anyway. I knew that anyway

I am actually completely agnostic to Vandy. I think they have enough money from their trusts and donors to be competitive in sports, they just don’t prioritize.

They are usually good in Baseball, have been decent in Men’s and Women’s BB in the past. Slightly relevant in football when Franklin was there.

Honestly, I dislike Florida, Bama, Kentucky in the order. Vandy is kind of meh…

"I just don't like Vanderbilt. Why are they in the SEC?"

And a lot of people feel the same way, Jauan, LOL

https://atozsports.com/nashville/former-tennessee-vols-wr-jauan-jennings-football-vanderbilt-49ers/

I like Jauan, but a rather silly comment. Why do Vol fans get bent by Vandy? Because it's in the same state? They are pretty much a sure-fire win in most sports, with the notable exception of baseball. What, do we want another big-time conference foe? Not enough already? It's essentially the only school in the conference with top academic credentials, which the rest of the conference doesn't have. Also, unlike the rest of the SEC, most of its fans actually graduated from Vandy. I

I like Jauan, but a rather silly comment. Why do Vol fans get bent by Vandy? Because it's in the same state? They are pretty much a sure-fire win in most sports, with the notable exception of baseball. What, do we want another big-time conference foe? Not enough already? It's essentially the only school in the conference with top academic credentials, which the rest of the conference doesn't have. Also, unlike the rest of the SEC, most of its fans actually graduated from Vandy. I
Now I know for a fact that they’ve had more than 4 graduates.

Reactions: gnm53108
An old friend (Vandy alum) used to defend them - "Their front line has a higher GPA than any of their opponents!" 🤣

Lots of lineman are your for-real academic stand outs, though, so this may not even be true. I can't remember a center, tackle, or guard losing eligibility for academics, but if we started listing backs on both sides of the ball who barely scraped by then we'd be here all day.

Lots of lineman are your for-real academic stand outs, though, so this may not even be true. I can't remember a center, tackle, or guard losing eligibility for academics, but if we started listing backs on both sides of the ball who barely scraped by then we'd be here all day.
Yeah, well, 30 year old game banter usually doesn't age well.

Reactions: Rifleman
Man I had forgot about this rap video Jauan posted about how much he hates Vandy. Still cracks me up.

Don't I remember Jauan's last game.....some sort of drama about stepping on a Vandy players head...or, something of that nature?? Maybe I'm wrong, I've slept a couple times since then.

Reactions: UT Hill Man
With all the money associated with Vandy.. they should have A list coaching and top level NIL players..

VN Store

Back