Jayson Jenkins to portal? Aaaand he's back to UT

As a depth piece.
James Pearce could have been considered a "depth piece" going into last season, as he was behind Roman Harrison on the depth chart. And now he's likely to be a pre-season betting favorite for the Bednarik Award and potentially a top 5 pick in the 2025 draft.

Hyatt and Tilman were once considered "depth pieces" too.

James Pearce could have been considered a "depth piece" going into last season, as he was behind Roman Harrison on the depth chart. And now he's likely to be a pre-season betting favorite for the Bednarik Award and potentially a top 5 pick in the 2025 draft.
Pearce was a freshman the year before and had flashed. Was also a 5 star. Not knocking the guy, but we probably recruit over him in HS or portal. Will be a senior before he has a chance to contribute which is why he was looking to portal.

Pearce was a freshman the year before and had flashed. Was also a 5 star. Not knocking the guy, but we probably recruit over him in HS or portal. Will be a senior before he has a chance to contribute which is why he was looking to portal.
This is his “3rd” year, but he’ll only be a Sophomore.

Still has 3 whole season to contribute and he’ll play a lot this season

This is his “3rd” year, but he’ll only be a Sophomore.

Still has 3 whole season to contribute and he’ll play a lot this season
Who is he going to play over this season? Should only be in OOC blowouts unless we have some injuries there.

I wish him the best. You never kow if it's actually the kids decision for legit reaaons, a coaches "suggestion" or a play for NIL money, so I'm not here to judge. I also know kids don't always see the bigger picture and we as fans don't always see behind the scenes.
Thank you for being a Vol young man, be smart, stay safe.
Classy post!
👍

Who is he going to play over this season? Should only be in OOC blowouts unless we have some injuries there.

How do you know how good he is? Obviously the coaches felt differently than you or they wouldn't have let him walk.

As a valuable member of the team.
Yes. Depth pieces are valuable to the team. Walk-ons are. GAs are too. Herring is an example of a guy that should’ve been a depth piece but played due to injury.

I wasn’t disparaging him. He’s just not likely to play a lot here until he’s a senior and still no guarantee he won’t be recruited over. We still need those guys on the roster, just not surprised if they want to transfer out to get playing time.

Bailey/West/Weathersby
Bailey and West for sure.
Weathersby has to recover from injury.

Also, Jenkins was getting reps at SDE and DT.
no I agree THIS season he won’t carry a heavy load. We have so many Covid Srs there at DT and seasoned Vets at SDE

But as a RS Junior in 2025 and Senior 2026??
You’re talking about 6’6 285 lbs guy that can play all across the line with little wear and tear coached by Rodney G.

Those are two pivotal years after losing
Pearce
Thomas
Simmons
Eason
Norman Lott all at the end of 2024

This kid was an Academic All-American that put 40 lbs of muscle on his body and bided his time. He’ll be a leader in a time where they will be looking for new leadership on DL

And like you said we AT LEAST play 3 deep all across the line…

Imagine trying to be a NCAAF coach right now. You are planning your schemes and packages and every week a player in that package seems to be either leaving or coming. This is absurd at this point. I think every player should be allowed to automatically leave if their coach quits or is fired but this speed dating version is just nuts.

He was good.. Then no talent trash... Now good again
What are you talking about? I wanted him to stay from the beginning. Here’s what I said “He was a lower rated recruit, who the staff identified, and it seemed like he was in for a potential breakout year. For whatever reason those hurt the most to me…similar to Tobe Awaka.”. Please show me where I said anything about no talent trash.

Edit: your bio of “not a reliable source” 1000% checks out.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back