Jeremy Pruitt show online

It's funny, I point out why people would want others especially public figures to use proper grammar and now im the guy saying he needs to learn to speak. Honestly I could care less how he speaks, but the reality is the rest of the world does care, So I was explaining why.

It's funny, I point out why people would want others especially public figures to use proper grammar and now im the guy saying he needs to learn to speak. Honestly I could care less how he speaks, but the reality is the rest of the world does care, So I was explaining why.
That’s understandable. But my question is this. Why care what they think? This is our team not theirs. I couldn’t care any less what people think of me. I’m here to be me and if someone doesn’t like that then they can go do whatever I really don’t care. Same with my team if you don’t like them or how the coach speaks then go jump on a bandwagon somewhere else.

Back to the original thread topic. I really enjoy watching CJP give a quick break down of film, good and bad plays. I would really enjoy watching video of him break down film in a little more detail as he would during game prep. I find it interesting how different minds see and break things down.

I have an engineering degree from UT. I know the correct way to speak. I’m sure CJP knows the correct way to speak, but in reality you are who you are. Why change the way you speak just to please others?
Yesterday I couldn't spell "engineer".
Today I are one.

That’s understandable. But my question is this. Why care what they think? This is our team not theirs. I couldn’t care any less what people think of me. I’m here to be me and if someone doesn’t like that then they can go do whatever I really don’t care. Same with my team if you don’t like them or how the coach speaks then go jump on a bandwagon somewhere else.
I agree. Take Coach O at LSU. Heck I don't even understand what he is saying half the time. But, I love the guy. He says what he thinks and he means what he says. Or at least I think he does....lol. Just kidding. Some highly educated people think not using proper English means you are dumb or stupid. It may just mean you don't care what they think. Some people think their opinion is more important than it really is.

You don't have to speak Queen's English to speak decently, in present tense and without 2-3 "uhm"s punctuating each sentence. One can have a drawl deep as a well, and communicate well, and intelligently.

You don't speak for, nor are being exceptionally well-paid to represent the university.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
No, I think you took my post the wrong way. I first heard "Yesterday..." from a Canadian engineer with whom I was working at BNR around 1988. It's humour.
Hard to tell humor on here sometimes. That was before I was born lol. I hold no ill will. I have agreed with your posts on here more often than not. Was just trying to clarify that I wasn’t trying to be a snob for having a degree if someone else didn’t. I was just using that as proof that I had an education but it still didnt mean I had to talk a certain way or proclaim everyone should talk ‘properly’.

Please, give an example of the rest of the world cares!

Reactions: VolFan4life24
You don't have to speak Queen's English to speak decently, in present tense and without 2-3 "uhm"s punctuating each sentence. One can have a drawl deep as a well, and communicate well, and intelligently.

You don't speak for, nor are being exceptionally well-paid to represent the university.
You are correct I don’t know get paid by UT at all. They call each year asking for more money to be exact. It would, however, be nice to be paid by them so as to pay the rest of this student debt off lol. But alas, they just want more and more, with no return I might add.

Hard to tell humor on here sometimes. That was before I was born lol. I hold no ill will. I have agreed with your posts on here more often than not. Was just trying to clarify that I wasn’t trying to be a snob for having a degree if someone else didn’t. I was just using that as proof that I had an education but it still didnt mean I had to talk a certain way or proclaim everyone should talk ‘properly’.
Having a southern accent and working in silicon valley-centered tech can be challenging. I am now retired, but when working, I always thought I had subdued my accent. Until I would hear myself on a recording. De-law!

VN Store

Back