*****Jeremy Pruitt's Monday press conference, Vandy week (video and notes)

I think people always think he sounds, sad, nervous etc because - and I don't mean this as a potshot - he's just not a very articulate guy. I don't think he could sound authoritative if his life depended on it.
I think his voice was crackling or something. Maybe it's just me projecting, because I'd be nervous having to answer for this team week after week.

>On Bailey, liked his presence and he's been pretty calm. He stepped in and made 2-3 really good throws and took what the defense gave him.

Literally something JG has never been able to do consistently

Freak's summary

>Offensively it was probably our best performance, especially upfront.

>One of the biggest plays in the game was the interception.

>Defensively with the exception of one coverage and a couple of times on third down, we did a pretty good job. We had a couple of chances to finish on the quarterback and didn't.

>Our guys played with effort for four quarters. There's probably six or seven plays that were the difference in the game and we need to be on the other side of those.

>We played much better offensively against Auburn than we did against Missouri.

>Vanderbilt is spreading the ball around, playing fast. They have good playmakers on the outside. They played good against Florida and had a chance against Mississippi State a couple weeks ago.

>On Greg Emerson, he had a bad injury coming out of high school. He aggravated that same injury and is probably day to day.

>On Eric Gray, our running backs compete every week. Saturday was probably his best game. Ty Chandler played well also.

>On the interception, That was an RPO and we were late throwing the football. JG made a mistake and he knows we can't do that.

>The team did not practice yesterday. Still waiting on covid results as a precaution. There's been a trend of teams who travel having COVID issues.

>On the safeties, McCollough and Flowers have played good ball for us.

>On running backs ran the ball well but felt like we didn't protect as well as we needed to.

>Jarrett made a lot of good checks and got us into some good plays. There were 3-4 plays in the game that needed to be better. It's something he understands and it's something that can happen. You can't throw the ball to the other team anytime. You can't have unforced errors.

>We've tried to keep it simple this year because we've had guys in and out of practice. We've tried to rely on simplicity to make the other team beat us and give more guys the opportunity to play.

>On Bailey, liked his presence and he's been pretty calm. He stepped in and made 2-3 really good throws and took what the defense gave him.

>On secondary/LBs pre-snap, There are lots of things that need to go through every defensive players mind before every snap. The best teams I've been around have players that play the plays.

>We have good leadership. Our guys continue to work hard.

>On guys faking injuries to slow the offense, we don't coach that here.

>Warren Burrell has played really well the last two weeks. He played really well early on as a freshman but we got some guys back and he didn't play as much. We thought we might move him to safety and we did for one day. Then he missed several weeks of practice and came back right before the South Carolina game.

>MSU played against UGA with 49 players, would you do that? -- First and foremost you have to look at the safety of the players. After that each situation is probably unique. That's probably the first time this year actual available numbers for a team have been released.

>Not aware of any injury to Tyler Baron.

>We only gave up three explosive plays, but we didn't get off the field on third down, and one of those explosive plays resulted in a touchdown. We didn't create enough explosive plays in the throw game.

/the end.[/QUOTE]

Probably right.

well he is right, it wasn't an injury to slow play, it was a faked injury to prevent a penalty. We had 13 guys on the field.
It could have been a cramp, which really isn't a injury and there is no way in haiti you or anyone else can prove otherwise. The rule is the rule. GBO!

The defense isn't great but can hang in there. The offense is still the major issue...but you can't fault the running game. The lack of an effective passing game is holding the team back, especially in the second half. Whether the answer is to play Bailey or do something wildly different in the second half that the other team wouldn't expect...they need to just do something different. They would look like a completely different team if they could just be productive in the passing game in the second half.

Reactions: EZE and chuckb1448
No doubt. Thanks. I had Jacob Warren on my brain for some reason and my fingers followed.
Understandable. Tied with Princeton Fant for involvement by TE’s in a game under Pruitt.

How many friggin times is he going to say, "JG knows he can't throw those interceptions, he understands that" , and yet he has been doing it for 4 YEARS and he will continue to do the same thing because his fundamentals are so screwed up, and he just is not that talented and certainly not an SEC level QB.

Watch the video, he is so late that the other receivers had already run their routes and it looked like a busted play. JG was frozen in his stretched out open stance and tried to muscle the throw after staring at the receiver for at least 5-10 seconds. Pruitt acts like it was just a tiny mistake when in reality it was just another MAJOR Blunder, just like all the other ones he makes and will continue to make.

Pruitt has lost his mind if he ever had one. Really he has to go folks if he continues with this alter reality that he is in. JG is the worst QB in the SEC and that is a fact, he should never see the field again in a Tennessee uniform.

How many friggin times is he going to say, "JG knows he can't throw those interceptions, he understands that" , and yet he has been doing it for 4 YEARS and he will continue to do the same thing because his fundamentals are so screwed up, and he just is not that talented and certainly not an SEC level QB.

Watch the video, he is so late that the other receivers had already run their routes and it looked like a busted play. JG was frozen in his stretched out open stance and tried to muscle the throw after staring at the receiver for at least 5-10 seconds. Pruitt acts like it was just a tiny mistake when in reality it was just another MAJOR Blunder, just like all the other ones he makes and will continue to make.

Pruitt has lost his mind if he ever had one. Really he has to go folks if he continues with this alter reality that he is in. JG is the worst QB in all of football and that is a fact, he should never see the field again in a Tennessee uniform.
Fyp

How many friggin times is he going to say, "JG knows he can't throw those interceptions, he understands that" ,

Well he can't say what we all want him to say.

"JG knows he can't throw those interceptions, he understands that...and even though he understands the fact outside of the actual game, he simply cannot overcome his habits and tendencies when the game is live and in front of him. I want him to play more like he does in practice. I've been counting on it since I've been here. The concerns I have with JG are less than the concerns I have with our other options."

Freak's summary

>Offensively it was probably our best performance, especially upfront.

>One of the biggest plays in the game was the interception.

>Defensively with the exception of one coverage and a couple of times on third down, we did a pretty good job. We had a couple of chances to finish on the quarterback and didn't.

>Our guys played with effort for four quarters. There's probably six or seven plays that were the difference in the game and we need to be on the other side of those.

>We played much better offensively against Auburn than we did against Missouri.

>Vanderbilt is spreading the ball around, playing fast. They have good playmakers on the outside. They played good against Florida and had a chance against Mississippi State a couple weeks ago.

>On Greg Emerson, he had a bad injury coming out of high school. He aggravated that same injury and is probably day to day.

>On Eric Gray, our running backs compete every week. Saturday was probably his best game. Ty Chandler played well also.

>On the interception, That was an RPO and we were late throwing the football. JG made a mistake and he knows we can't do that.

>The team did not practice yesterday. Still waiting on covid results as a precaution. There's been a trend of teams who travel having COVID issues.

>On the safeties, McCollough and Flowers have played good ball for us.

>On running backs ran the ball well but felt like we didn't protect as well as we needed to.

>Jarrett made a lot of good checks and got us into some good plays. There were 3-4 plays in the game that needed to be better. It's something he understands and it's something that can happen. You can't throw the ball to the other team anytime. You can't have unforced errors.

>We've tried to keep it simple this year because we've had guys in and out of practice. We've tried to rely on simplicity to make the other team beat us and give more guys the opportunity to play.

>On secondary/LBs pre-snap, There are lots of things that need to go through every defensive players mind before every snap. The best teams I've been around have players that play the plays.

>We have good leadership. Our guys continue to work hard.

>On guys faking injuries to slow the offense, we don't coach that here.

>Warren Burrell has played really well the last two weeks. He played really well early on as a freshman but we got some guys back and he didn't play as much. We thought we might move him to safety and we did for one day. Then he missed several weeks of practice and came back right before the South Carolina game.

>MSU played against UGA with 49 players, would you do that? -- First and foremost you have to look at the safety of the players. After that each situation is probably unique. That's probably the first time this year actual available numbers for a team have been released.

>Not aware of any injury to Tyler Baron.

>We only gave up three explosive plays, but we didn't get off the field on third down, and one of those explosive plays resulted in a touchdown. We didn't create enough explosive plays in the throw game.

/the end.

Call me crazy, but I would take the offensive performance against Mizzou than at Auburn. 4 of the 5 TD drives were over 65yds and 3 were over 75 yds including a 16 play 92 yd drive. NO PICK 6. It was a well balanced performance AND most importantly.....35 points. Not 10 points with meaningful drives and 7 points coming in garbage time.

Yeah they may have had more yards against Auburn, but that's because JG handed them a free TD giving UT the ability to have immediate back to back drives.

and BTW, if 7 or 8 plays are the turning point in the game every week and you're consistently on the wrong end of them, then your coaching isn't correcting them.

Lol. Jimmy coming back with the Tyler Baron question was savage. Not that I care one iota whether our players fake injuries to get out of bad spots or not.

All the reporters are still going way too easy on Pruitt's absolute insanity of sticking with JG.

#WhatIsOnJarretsPhone

Pruitt:
JG was sitting on my bed last night when we began to discuss the game. I told him that he only made the same few mistakes that he’s made all year and he finally promised he’ll never repeat those again. Afterwards he cried, we hugged, and then spooned in the bed all night while I promised him the starting QB slot again next year if he would just come back.

Sorry but I get so sick of Pruitt’s sick infatuation with JG. Always making excuses for him. He’s horrible, horrendous, pathetic, sorry, the worst QB in the SEC. Everyone but Pruitt can see it.

I swear if Dumb and Dumber had a kid it would be Pruitt.

I used to think constantly hearing "brick by brick" and "champions of life" were the worst a presser could get.

I stand corrected.

VN Store

Back