JG Cements His Legacy

He could lead the Vols to a 73-0 win by throwing for 688 yards and 8 touchdowns on 30-31 passing....and I can assure you, there are a ton of VNers who wouldn’t change their opinions that JG is a horrific, awful QB that Tennessee can’t win a game with, ever. Believe that.

Well, he's crapped the bed too many times. A lot of folks' opinions are already set in stone.

I hope he pulls it off. I doubt he will.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
He could lead the Vols to a 73-0 win by throwing for 688 yards and 8 touchdowns on 30-31 passing....and I can assure you, there are a ton of VNers who wouldn’t change their opinions that JG is a horrific, awful QB that Tennessee can’t win a game with, ever. Believe that.

This is the worst take I’ve read on this entire site. People don’t support JG because of his play on the field. You are looking at the QB position from an emotional point of view. I’m guessing you’re the kind of guy who falls in line and trusts the upper brass without question. If they told you 2+2=5 then you would disagree with anyone who said it was 4.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I was listening to a local sports show today when they were comparing the units of UT and UF. The host agreed that UF was better in every poison in all groups except that the receivers and special teams of UT and UF were close to even, maybe an edge to Tennessee. That makes me wonder. How can a first time starter since junior high school be better than a three year starter for UT? I don’t know if I can disagree with them but it’s a sad reality. I’m not sure if they were challenged on this position or not. I had to do something positive.

Yes. Tomorrow will be the game where it all clicks. I see a change ala Johnathon Crompton coming where he finally “gets it” and the coaching comes together for him.
The difference is Lane Kiffin noticed Crompton struggled trying to analyze the whole field. So to help the kid out they started rolling him out to only have to analyze a half or third of the field. Not sure if Guarantano would benefit from that. He seems really erratic throwing when he doesnt step into the throw to me. Crompton had decent mobility and seemed to have better touch throwing on the run. Kiffin deserves alot of credit for how Jonathan Crompton performed that 09 season.

Even if JG goes 21-24 365 yds 3 TD 0 INT against the Gators on the road and the Vols win 45-3 I still wouldn't believe in him as a QB. In my opinion he is a bad QB who is capable of having a good game not a Good QB who occasionally has a bad game.

I cant believe after his consistency at underperforming (see his record and amount of 4th quarter comebacks he has lead) that anyone would let 1 good game change their opinion to believing he is the guy for this team.

But hey we are each entitled to our opinions and we both support the same team every Saturday so I value your view and hope you value mine as well.

I know I'd rather not believe in JG after a win than not believe in him after a loss.

Go Vols!

I’d love to see a Crompton-like renaissance but I sincerely doubt we will.

This is the worst take I’ve read on this entire site. People don’t support JG because of his play on the field. You are looking at the QB position from an emotional point of view. I’m guessing you’re the kind of guy who falls in line and trusts the upper brass without question. If they told you 2+2=5 then you would disagree with anyone who said it was 4.
2+2=5 for exceptionally large values of 2.

Tomorrow against UF. A lot of opinions are going to change and we’ll finally see the JG we’ve waited for. Let’s do this.

Go Vols!!!!

I have no doubt he will cement his legacy tomorrow.

Unfortunately, it will most likely be the legacy of a QB who is 9-15 as a starter to this point.

More cement to come against UGA and Bama, and likely others. Truckload of cement by season's end.

Mafia cement.

Go Vols.

Reactions: Teeman
Oddly enough, he is an SEC quarterback, and he is a starter.

So was Patton Robinette at Vandy. Maryville product. Only two years at Vandy, but played well, and finished 12-13 as a starter.

.480 winning percentage. JG is currently at .391. To get to .484, JG needs to go 7-2 down the stretch.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 08Vol
So was Patton Robinette at Vandy. Maryville product. Only two years at Vandy, but played well, and finished 12-13 as a starter.

.480 winning percentage. JG is currently at .391. To get to .484, JG needs to go 7-2 down the stretch.

Go Vols.
He'll be a starting SEC QB in the history books regardless.

And still behind a .480 QB for Vandy in that history book unless he lights it up in the next 9 games.

Odds?

Go Vols.
That's all beside the point considering my initial statement was to disprove the statement that he is not an SEC QB. He is, and that fact is indisputable. Changing the argument is pointless.

That's all beside the point considering my initial statement was to disprove the statement that he is not an SEC QB. He is, and that fact is indisputable. Changing the argument is pointless.

Little comfort to those of us who really don't care who the QB is, but just want to see UT be competitive in the SEC again.

He is not, IMO, an "SEC-caliber" QB. I'd love for him to prove me wrong. But I doubt he will.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Go Vols.

Little comfort to those of us who really don't care who the QB is, but just want to see UT be competitive in the SEC again.

He is not, IMO, an "SEC-caliber" QB. I'd love for him to prove me wrong. But I doubt he will.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Go Vols.
At this point, that's all we can do.

VN Store

Back