JG Cements His Legacy

If the Team does not win tomorrow, even by one point in OT, JG will Cement his legacy, as you have put it.

Reactions: 08Vol
Oddly enough, he is an SEC quarterback, and he is a starter.

When someone says that someone is or is not an "SEC quarterback", of course what they're saying is that the person has or has not the mental and physical skillset required to be successful in the Southeastern conference.

But then you already knew that.

There have been a lot of crappy quarterbacks in this conference over the years. Guarantano is currently in that group, and will most likely remain in their group.

I hope today is a fluke and he has as a great game, and we beat the gators. But...meh, not likely.

GBO

Last edited:
I have a feeling the coaches have been holding back the playbook (and thus JG and the offense as a whole), and it will be unleashed tomorrow.

Quarterbacks don’t change overnight. Only way we win is if we can throw just well enough to keep Florida honest, and play phenomenal defense. I like our chances better than most people on here though

Crompton suddenly starting clicking against uga in 2009 after stinking it up for a season and a half. And Crompton, like JG, went through 3-4 OCs as well. I see a lot of similarities. Hoping for one more.

Reactions: VolforFootball
Quarterbacks don’t change overnight. Only way we win is if we can throw just well enough to keep Florida honest, and play phenomenal defense. I like our chances better than most people on here though

Crompton vs uga 2009...

I will settle for a competitive game where we don't look uninterested in being there. If we can continue to show improvements then there are other much more winnable games on the schedule. UF probably isn't one of them right now, unfortunately
Uninterested.......! That is the wording I was reaching deep to find! You are correct, it looks like a gang member being forced to attend a knitting class.

The outcome will be decided on the field today. Say what you want. Either way. It makes no difference what anyone says. Let's watch and see what Pruitt and his boys have put together to face the gators. I so very much hope for a victory, but we'll know at the end of the game! I do not expect to win, but if we can see consistant effort on both side of the ball, and minimal negative turnovers, and play a reasonably close game, I will consider today's challenge as progress and improvement! Last week, Pruitt/Chaney showed us the other 2 Quarterbacks. Even with JG's shortcomings, he is the best QB they have to put on the field. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!

If JG beats Florida today, I will start pronouncing his name correctly. Until then, no.

His legacy is already cemented with me. Today is just a chance for him to change my mind, make me think maybe I should reconsider.

Nah

Pffft. His legacy is cemented. He is a subpar QB that occasionally puts together a full game (see Auburn last year.)

Even if he has an Auburn-esque game tomorrow and pulls out the win, his legacy is already what it is: that of a subpar QB that occasionally puts together a full game.
**that is owned by Vanderbilt and Missouri.
Fixed it for you 👍🏻

JG stares at his receiver (he only looks at one per play) so long that if he were Medusa they would be turned to stone.

Reactions: I40flyer
Crompton changed overnight. Just gotta roll JG out and look at half of the field. Gives him less time to stare at the receiver too.

Crompton changed overnight. Just gotta roll JG out and look at half of the field. Gives him less time to stare at the receiver too.

Kiffin only gave Crompton 1 half of the field to work with. If his WR wasn't open he was told to throw it in the stands. That's why he was better Over Night as you say.

Reactions: kptvol1
He could lead the Vols to a 73-0 win by throwing for 688 yards and 8 touchdowns on 30-31 passing....and I can assure you, there are a ton of VNers who wouldn’t change their opinions that JG is a horrific, awful QB that Tennessee can’t win a game with, ever. Believe that.
Wrong. That would be amazing. Jg4heisman accounts everywhere

VN Store

Back