JJ Peterson ?

I'm looking at a Depth Chart for the 2019 season (Projected) and it lists JJ Peterson as Third Team at MLB behind Bituli and Toto. And we all thought he would be a starting LB at some point last year!
Whose depth chart? How do they know before Toto even practices?

Problem is the same every year. UT signs a highly regarded, good looking prospect who then fails to "start from day one". Fans then turn on them before they've had a reasonable chance to develop. Peterson is a RS Freshman. If he becomes a solid back up and helps on ST's... then forget what SOME "thought"... and count it good progress.

Yes we did. Most everyone on here was consumed with "Whether JJ would Qualify". "We need JJ"! I'll include you out if you like.

Count me out too. I didn't expect him to start yet, but I did expect to be hearing more than we are. But that's more on me than anything. I'm just happy hes there. We're gonna need him.

he was the highest rated recruit of that 18 class, so expectations were placed on him, right or wrong.

struggles to qualify and misses the entire off season.

gets in, and is basicall a non contributor as a true freshman.

now headed in to a RS freshman year, has had injury issues and was out of shape.

so people are disappointed.

he's way young and has a ton of talent. there's plenty of time for him to be what many thought he could be. that he wasn't from day one isn't an indictiment on anything/anyone right now.

Whose depth chart? How do they know before Toto even practices?

Problem is the same every year. UT signs a highly regarded, good looking prospect who then fails to "start from day one". Fans then turn on them before they've had a reasonable chance to develop. Peterson is a RS Freshman. If he becomes a solid back up and helps on ST's... then forget what SOME "thought"... and count it good progress.

Phil Steele's Depth Chart (which is derived from communication with the coaching staff) Toto was a Position # 7 out of HS, Peterson a #4. And Toto is a TRUE Freshman. You obviously missed the whole point; while looking to make a statement. And you know what? I don't give a $#it what you think.

The whole point here was a true freshman is LIKELY to move ahead of JJ in the Rotation; and he was the "Crown Jewel" of last year's class. SOME of yall were obviously not HERE last year to remember the Conversations; and Some on here just Love to stir the pot. There is no civility anymore. Knuckleheads.

He ate and sat himself into a redshirt. Now he needs to compete in a much more competitive LB room. I think his lack of academic and exercise achievement coming in might be illustrative of his work ethic.

Exactly why I'm always skeptical about JUCOs as well.

Reactions: CA_Vol
The whole point here was a true freshman is LIKELY to move ahead of JJ in the Rotation; and he was the "Crown Jewel" of last year's class. SOME of yall were obviously not HERE last year to remember the Conversations; and Some on here just Love to stir the pot. There is no civility anymore. Knuckleheads.
this post is full of..............irony.

lol.

no one expected him to start once he didn't make it in for Summer/fall camp.

Yes we did. Most everyone on here was consumed with "Whether JJ would Qualify". "We need JJ"! I'll include you out if you like.
Most everyone around here wants to start every freshman that commits. The collective football knowledge of most everyone around here is comical.

Oh trust me I remember all that nonsense. Not sure about starting tho. Dude has been a disappointment since before day 1
How can a late enrolling freshman be a disappointment? He got in right after fall camp started and was behind learning the playbook and not in College/SEC football shape. What role do you expect a true freshman to play?

Reactions: RockyTopGolfer
Oh trust me I remember all that nonsense. Not sure about starting tho. Dude has been a disappointment since before day 1
how? what has he done to disappoint you? not live up to the expectaiton you placed on him?

check back in a year or two, then we can talk about disappointment/bust stuff. until then, he's a RS freshman that hasn't done anything yet. which, in the grand scheme, just doesn't mean a lot.

Try waiting until the season progresses, say around game3 or 4 and ask this question again.

See, it's sort of like the question of, "Where is astronaut Eric Boe?" The NASA, Like Tennessee, we let our once-elite program become an FCB level team. The NASA (or rather the federal government) let our once elite space program become a Russian client (for gosh sakes!). So we won't be seeing Eric Boe in an American rocket, heading spaceward, from American soil until it happens. Hopefully, sometime this month when an All-American SpaceX Dragon Thunders and roars into the sky. Same with JJ Peterson. We won't see him until the season is in progress. Patience, JWF, both the NASA and JJ Peterson are getting there. Patience.
Are you really Josh Dobbs? Hmmmmm?

Think most of the disappointment was because he was highly touted, and we were/are devoid of top level talent all over the field...so, logic says, put him out there no matter what shape he's in...he's an athlete, and he'll be better than what we have on the field. That, obviously, wasn't the case. I think he'll be fine, maybe a second team guy in Y1 as RS, but there's plenty opportunity to contribute at a second team LB.

how? what has he done to disappoint you? not live up to the expectaiton you placed on him?

check back in a year or two, then we can talk about disappointment/bust stuff. until then, he's a RS freshman that hasn't done anything yet. which, in the grand scheme, just doesn't mean a lot.

That "I" put on him.. no
VN has been on this entire "wheres jj" for a long long time my dude... anything positive come out of it yet? Naw.. naw man

That "I" put on him.. no
VN has been on this entire "wheres jj" for a long long time my dude... anything positive come out of it yet? Naw.. naw man
no it hasn't. once he didn't make it in for the summer and fall camp, expecations went away. RS year, everyone knew it.

not sure what the point is here anyway. he's a RS FR. zero reason to even be having this discussion tbh.

as for the positivity? well, he's still on the roster? he's still got 4 years (including this one) to live up to your expectations. and he's going to be able to provide depth at LB this year.

lots of good....if you wanna find it.

otherwise, just stick to the schtick that is your disappointment.

no it hasn't. once he didn't make it in for the summer and fall camp, expecations went away. RS year, everyone knew it.

not sure what the point is here anyway. he's a RS FR. zero reason to even be having this discussion tbh.

as for the positivity? well, he's still on the roster? he's still got 4 years (including this one) to live up to your expectations. and he's going to be able to provide depth at LB this year.

lots of good....if you wanna find it.

otherwise, just stick to the schtick that is your disappointment.

You commented on my post my dude... just my opinion. We heard for months "where is JJ, when will he enroll"
I have zero expectations for him. If you cant pass HS im good.. lol jk but in all honestly hes a depth guy for this year at least. Crouch and Henry T are here now. Plus Will Ignont and Reid have shown out.
Maybe one day

You commented on my post my dude... just my opinion. We heard for months "where is JJ, when will he enroll"
I have zero expectations for him. If you cant pass HS im good.. lol jk but in all honestly hes a depth guy for this year at least. Crouch and Henry T are here now. Plus Will Ignont and Reid have shown out.
Maybe one day
that's true. what i was responding to was your statement about him being a disappointment since before day 1.

i don't get that at all. it's not like we're watching the guy leave the program 3-4 years in and never having been a contributor to the program.

he's a RS freshman....my point is...he hasn't even had a chance yet to disappoint anyone as a football player.

Try waiting until the season progresses, say around game3 or 4 and ask this question again.

See, it's sort of like the question of, "Where is astronaut Eric Boe?" The NASA, Like Tennessee, we let our once-elite program become an FCB level team. The NASA (or rather the federal government) let our once elite space program become a Russian client (for gosh sakes!). So we won't be seeing Eric Boe in an American rocket, heading spaceward, from American soil until it happens. Hopefully, sometime this month when an All-American SpaceX Dragon Thunders and roars into the sky. Same with JJ Peterson. We won't see him until the season is in progress. Patience, JWF, both the NASA and JJ Peterson are getting there. Patience.
On a parallel universe note, Tang has been trying to make a come back, ever since. It's a shame how they mismanaged their program.

Tang-Nation has been patient for decades...they've changed their image, but not recruited well, and just can't get back to the glory days of their 5* All Americans...astronauts and Florence Henderson. They tried a new guy named Tang, but that didn't work because people couldn't read the translation script fast enough. The granular citrus drink has been down longer than the Vols. Turns out it's not about the on the field performance (taste), it's about the pre-game preparation...it's all about the stir...people don't like to stir...
1562868322383.jpeg1562868459714.jpeg
images

VN Store

Back