JJ Peterson ?

that's true. what i was responding to was your statement about him being a disappointment since before day 1.

i don't get that at all. it's not like we're watching the guy leave the program 3-4 years in and never having been a contributor to the program.

he's a RS freshman....my point is...he hasn't even had a chance yet to disappoint anyone as a football player.

Fair enough.. let me elaborate a bit. I feel hes been a disappointment since day once because it seems we've been playing this whole waiting game since he committed. It started with him not passing school and us not having an answer for a while on when he'd get here. Then he was slow and kinda out of shape. Now we have younger guys who have arrived on campus and kinda just overshadowed JJ. Ill say for one i feel the crouch hype has made him irrelevant tbh. So im not disappointed with his football skills or what he could bring to the field in the future... just all the "baggage" thats followed. These posts titles are the only thing that keeps people thinking about him. I would love to see his potential pan out for us one day

that's true. what i was responding to was your statement about him being a disappointment since before day 1.

i don't get that at all. it's not like we're watching the guy leave the program 3-4 years in and never having been a contributor to the program.

he's a RS freshman....my point is...he hasn't even had a chance yet to disappoint anyone as a football player.
Not participating in spring practice isn’t disappointing?

Reactions: 08Vol
Not participating in spring practice isn’t disappointing?
sure it is. but that's not how it's been framed here....here, it's been more like "HE is a disappointment"...not that 'WE ARE disappointed that he couldn't get in yada yada yada........"

two different things imo.

how? what has he done to disappoint you? not live up to the expectaiton you placed on him?

check back in a year or two, then we can talk about disappointment/bust stuff. until then, he's a RS freshman that hasn't done anything yet. which, in the grand scheme, just doesn't mean a lot.

I'm guilty and admitted it. Happens.

I'm guilty and admitted it. Happens.
well you can take solace in knowing that i wasn't talking to you then...............
giphy.gif

Reactions: Behr
Phil Steele's Depth Chart (which is derived from communication with the coaching staff) Toto was a Position # 7 out of HS, Peterson a #4. And Toto is a TRUE Freshman. You obviously missed the whole point; while looking to make a statement. And you know what? I don't give a $#it what you think.
I got the point. You're just wrong to assume something is wrong with Peterson at this point for the reasons you give. And you really think Pruitt shared his depth chart with Steele?

And you know what? You ought to man up and face it when you're wrong.

The whole point here was a true freshman is LIKELY to move ahead of JJ in the Rotation; and he was the "Crown Jewel" of last year's class. SOME of yall were obviously not HERE last year to remember the Conversations; and Some on here just Love to stir the pot. There is no civility anymore. Knuckleheads.
And your point is built on a bunch of assumptions that you believe to be true with no real basis. No civility? Maybe like "I don't give a "s--t"?" Or calling people knuckleheads when they point out the flaws in your assumptions?

I was here last year. Largely avoided the Peterson conversations knowing that... ahem... drama queens would be blowing his issues out of proportion.

I've also been here long enough to remember people questioning whether Bituli was a bust... now he's a starter and team leader.

he was the highest rated recruit of that 18 class,

A very average class per Tennessee's standards also. Vols really need him to step up and become a player

Reactions: 08Vol and livefaith
He ate and sat himself into a redshirt. Now he needs to compete in a much more competitive LB room. I think his lack of academic and exercise achievement coming in might be illustrative of his work ethic.
Been saying it for years. Nutty recruit=nutty player.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Preparing for the Hall of Fame and working on his Heisman induction speech. Read all about it here from June-Sep 2018.

Reactions: 08Vol
Some people think because he isn't padding stats in July he is going to suck this year.

I wouldn't put him behind HT. I think he is 2nd string and plays significant minutes this year.

Impressive the new frosh i listed behind Bituli already. Although I probably should, I'm not ready to give up on JJ just yet. The light may come on for him.

Whose depth chart? How do they know before Toto even practices?

Problem is the same every year. UT signs a highly regarded, good looking prospect who then fails to "start from day one". Fans then turn on them before they've had a reasonable chance to develop. Peterson is a RS Freshman. If he becomes a solid back up and helps on ST's... then forget what SOME "thought"... and count it good progress.

Exactly. If memory serves me correctly, To'oto'o is coming off a foot injury too.

Geeeeez, kids! Let's just be glad he's on the depth chart. If he's hungry enough, JJ maybe will develop into an excellent contributor to UT's LB crew.

Reactions: savannahfan
he did not impress coaches during the spring and they do not expect him to play much this year. He was somewhat injured in the spring so I hope he has a great summer and shows his potential.

VN Store

Back