Jones Pressor at 11:00!

Some of us just want CBJ to take a little accountability for the results this season and not try to put spin on certain things and treat the fans like we are stupid. If he comes out and says something like "We didn't meet our expectations this year, and that falls on me as head coach. However we have a great matchup with a historic program [insert SDV's post here]...," I would personally have a little more respect for the man than if he just comes out and spins the Music City Bowl as what they wanted the entire season anyway.

The players are the only ones who have to own it.
Jones never has to or had to

If your expecting good things nxt year your setting yourself up for disappointment.

Losing to much at key positions.

But.... according to Butch: We have built this team for "sustained" success..........Hell, how long does it take, as you have had 4 recruiting classes......face it, the man is an AVERAGE coach at best and he knows it...... 8-4 is his celing and 9-3 is over the top for him.... 11 wins is IMPOSSIBLE for him

We're extremely humbled and excited at this tremendous opportunity to play against an opponent with such rich history and tradition in college football. This will be a special time for our great group of senior leaders to go out and try to be 1-0 during the Bowl week. These resilient young men want to end the season as champions by winning the Music City Bowl Championship. After already winning the Battle at Bristol Championship, this will be the first team since 1998 that a team from our program has the chance to win 2 championships in one year.

Butch????

I hate to say this, but the odds we are looking for a new HC after next season is greater than 50%. I don't think anything less than an SEC East title will be accepted. 2016 was the year to do that and we failed to. Next year we will have an inferior team and competition that we have to assume is going to get better, especially Georgia and Florida.

Much greater than 50%.
Especially if Tennessee drops the first game. Which wouldn't surprise me with the lacking of fundamentals on D.
Bama L
LSU L
Florida L
Georgia L
SC L until Jones proves he can beat CWM.
Missouri Toss up
Kentucky W
Vandy Toss up at best

7-5 at best
6-6 my pick
5-7 if things get really bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
But.... according to Butch: We have built this team for "sustained" success..........Hell, how long does it take, as you have had 4 recruiting classes......face it, the man is an AVERAGE coach at best and he knows it...... 8-4 is his celing and 9-3 is over the top for him.... 11 wins is IMPOSSIBLE for him

Depends on how you define success. Given some of Butch's public comments this season (and even last year too), I think he underestimated the level of scrutiny at Tennessee.

He might be pretty self-satisfied with turning a 5 win SEC program into a 8/9 win program within 4-5 years. He has done a good (not great) job in his time here, but if he thinks that fans and boosters are OK with 8/9 wins being the ceiling of the program he's dead wrong.

He seems oblivious or unwilling to admit that this year was a disappointment and that he had a clear window to win a division title and failed to do so.

We're extremely humbled and excited at this tremendous opportunity to play against an opponent with such rich history and tradition in college football. This will be a special time for our great group of senior leaders to go out and try to be 1-0 during the Bowl week. These resilient young men want to end the season as champions by winning the Music City Bowl Championship. After already winning the Battle at Bristol Championship, this will be the first team since 1998 that a team from our program has the chance to win 2 championships in one year.

Best thing I've read all day!

Dang you guys love to bash on the coach. I get that you don't like him but is every thread just a new opportunity for you to repeat yourselves?

Reactions: 28 people
Much greater than 50%.
Especially if Tennessee drops the first game. Which wouldn't surprise me with the lacking of fundamentals on D.
Florida L
Georgia L
Missouri Toss up
Kentucky W
Vandy Toss up at best

7-5 at best
6-6 my pick

The ceiling is higher than 7-5. 6-6 to 10-2. I'm expecting 8-4, hoping 9-3.

His sustained success couldn't beat a depleted SC with two weeks of prep.

I get it though, and agree all the pumpers will say he needs more time, he got us another winning record, another bowl, etc.

They refuse to accept that Jones isn't the guy. He had his shot and gave it away twice, doesn't handle players well, and litterally, on national tv said F the fans.

To Hell with Jones, the idea that Tennessee and fans alike are backing him speaks volumes about how far they've sunk in the mediocrity pool.

Reactions: 4 people
Gatlinburg
MCB
Nebraska
Back from recruiting
Finals
Practice
Seniors
Will thoroughly examine everything... It's a process
9 strong
Questions?

The ceiling is higher than 7-5. 6-6 to 10-2. I'm expecting 8-4, hoping 9-3.

Please tell me how you get to 10-2 knowing what Tennessee is guaranteed to lose and what they could lose

Best QB gone
Best pass rusher gone
Malone gone
Sutton gone
JRM gone
Among others.

Tennessee has to get a lot better to even be competitive nxt season

Much greater than 50%.
Florida L
Georgia L
Missouri Toss up
Kentucky W
Vandy Toss up at best

7-5 at best
6-6 my pick

You forgot LSU in November.

Oh snap! Reporter just asked Butch about extension hahaha

Also, what top recruits are excited about "what is going on at UT"?

Reporter just asked a question if he wanted/needed a contract extension (seriously?) to recruit, which he totally dodged.

VN Store

Back