Jones Pressor at 11:00!

Said that the starting 22 could compete with anyone in the country, which was evidenced by starting 5-0. When we were 5-0, I probably would have agreed with that.

Given how Florida and Georgia's seasons turned out, I'm not sure that's true anymore.

Said that the starting 22 could compete with anyone in the country, which was evidenced by starting 5-0. When we were 5-0, I probably would have agreed with that.

Given how Florida and Georgia's seasons turned out, I'm not sure that's true anymore.

Butch lying again.

Tennessee was incredibly lucky to get to 5-0

Reactions: 4 people
Once again refuses to put a sense of urgency on anything, this time regarding a question about how important this bowl season is for the SEC. "Every bowl season is critical"

We didn't even come close to competing with the elephants.

Reactions: 1 person
Once again refuses to put a sense of urgency on anything, this time regarding a question about how important this bowl season is for the SEC. "Every bowl season is critical"

For him
For recruiting which is a mess
For the program

Own it for once!

Well at least he took some form of responsibility and called the finish of the season unacceptable. About as non-coach speak as it gets from him.

Reactions: 4 people
"(At Tenn) You're gonna get everyone's best (performance)." Including App State, Game 1.

How about, At Tenn, we're always ready and fully prepared at Game 1.

Oh my -- get your new QB and DE's ready for GA Tech, Coach.

Please tell me how you get to 10-2 knowing what Tennessee is guaranteed to lose and what they could lose

Best QB gone
Best pass rusher gone
Malone gone
Sutton gone
JRM gone
Among others.

Tennessee has to get a lot better to even be competitive nxt season

Because the core is still there. O-Line is back, which looked good when they weren't a battered Mash unit. Malone leaving isn't a sure thing, but Jennings is a stud. EW back at tight end helps a lot, and with Kelly there will be no drop off in the backfield.

The question offensively is can we get some serviceable QB play. We don't need a world beater, but someone who takes care of the ball and manages the game.

Defensively

Tuttle and McKenzie healthy will be a huge help. Add in Vickers and we're solid inside. That will allow Phillips and Kongbo to move back outside. Kirkland back in the middle, McDowell/Jumper beside him. Abernathy/Kelly at safety. My biggest concern about next year is the CB/NB position. I think flipping Byrd to the defensive side of the ball could be a huge help, but by far our biggest weakness.

Don't underestimate the value of Shoop being able to fully implement his defense as well. Hopefully he's allowed to bring a few of his guys in.

All this is also assuming none of the newcomers steps up and takes someone's spot, which is also capable of happening.

Reactions: 8 people
I really can't stand his voice..... Charlie Brown Teacher all over it.

You guys are working way too hard at putting a negative slant on an entire press conf. Relax a little bit

Reactions: 47 people

VN Store

Back